So yea...about those healers

Jaymanz

Had a good time last night! 6 of my team mates cornered 4 healers and started nuking them... About 10 minutes later we are still nuking them because they have been non stop spam healing eachother the entire time. Guess my question is, Do healers ever run out of force. Its a little silly if they dont even have to think about conservation of resources and can just spam super healz all day long. Not to mention its quite annoying.

i bet if all 6 of you targeted one at a time instead of going after whomever you would have steamrolled them. Interrupts, stuns, knockbacks etc... i bet 1 out of the 6 of you had one of these skills i just listed to name a few

Had a good time last night! 6 of my team mates cornered 4 healers and started nuking them... About 10 minutes later we are still nuking them because they have been non stop spam healing eachother the entire time. Guess my question is, Do healers ever run out of force. Its a little silly if they dont even have to think about conservation of resources and can just spam super healz all day long. Not to mention its quite annoying.

Learn to focus fire.

I ran into 4 mercs the other night and they were murdering everyone in huttball... are they OP? No, they were focus firing.

I think your and your 6 teammates qualify as the worst players on TOR.

Well done for owning up!

i bet if all 6 of you targeted one at a time instead of going after whomever you would have steamrolled them. Interrupts, stuns, knockbacks etc... i bet 1 out of the 6 of you had one of these skills i just listed to name a few

Problem is, with 3 other healers, you can't really focus fire, since you need at least 1 on each of the other healers, otherwise the other healer(s) just heal through your damage... beyond that, most interrupts have a cd longer than the skill they interrupt, and since it doesn't interrupt that "school" of moves, they can just use another heal. Even if you do get an interrupt, chances are that 1 of the other healers will just keep on healing and especially Sorc/Sage with their CC abilities will keep that fight going forever.

Edited by JefferyClark

Seriously? That makes healers OP?

Problem is, with 3 other healers, you can't really focus fire, since you need at least 1 on each of the other healers, otherwise the other healer(s) just heal through your damage... beyond that, most interrupts have a cd longer than the skill they interrupt, and since it doesn't interrupt that "school" of moves, they can just use another heal. Even if you do get an interrupt, chances are that 1 of the other healers will just keep on healing and especially Sorc/Sage with their CC abilities will keep that fight going forever.

If 6 dps switched to the same healer that healer would be dead before the others could even react.

do dps characters ever run out of their resource if played properly? Nope. Why should healers?

Because it's better for the game when you have deaths being exchanged over the control points instead of a stalemate?

Healers should delay death, they should not be able to prevent it, playing against equally skilled opponents. Otherwise, assuming equal skill and gear, you want as many healers as possible on your team.

task 3 people to interrupt/cc/ctrl 3 healers, remaining 3 people FF interrupt targeted healer...

there, solved your baddy tactics for you.

Because it's better for the game when you have deaths being exchanged over the control points instead of a stalemate?

Healers should delay death, they should not be able to prevent it, playing against equally skilled opponents. Otherwise, assuming equal skill and gear, you want as many healers as possible on your team.

I challenge you to go play a healer. You will realize quickly how ridiculous your post is.

task 3 people to interrupt/cc/ctrl 3 healers, remaining 3 people FF interrupt targeted healer...

there, solved your baddy tactics for you.

Right... so in order to kill a healer in a group of 4. First you need 6 people. Then you need three of them to identify and stick on separate healers, interrupting them. The other three need to DPS down your target. None of the people interrupting can loose the CC war, so they need their CC breaks and all their CC's up to make sure they get enough interrupts off. None of them can get killed before you kill the primary.

All of this effort is needed to counter four players clicking on the smallest green bar and healing.

You don't play a healer, obviously because there are classes that can outright kill a healer in the game right now.

Right... so in order to kill a healer in a group of 4. First you need 6 people. Then you need three of them to identify and stick on separate healers, interrupting them. The other three need to DPS down your target. None of the people interrupting can loose the CC war, so they need their CC breaks and all their CC's up to make sure they get enough interrupts off. None of them can get killed before you kill the primary.

All of this effort is needed to counter four players clicking on the smallest green bar and healing.

Or, have your operative open from stealth on the healer while you kill the rest of the players. Its almost like folks here don't actually play this game at all.

I challenge you to go play a healer. You will realize quickly how ridiculous your post is.

I have. In many games, including this one. For many years. So other than implying i'm ignorant, is there a specific reason you disagree with my post?

Interrupts...:confused:

You know just as much as anyother player... the short time of the interupt won't do crap against a healer with other healers healing him.

Problem doesn't lie with Healers being OP;ed, but the problem lies with the LACK OF HEALING debuffs in this game. Give a class a bigger healing debuff with less of a CD because the Marauders healing debuff don't do crap.

PvP shouldn't be a contest of who has the most healers. Or SI/SAGES.

And if you want to know how to kill a group of healers? Bring 2 Geared Rage specced marauders and let the stomp their noobness to death. 6k AoE X 2.. they aren't healing thru it. I call my Rage spec the anti-healer spec.

Edited by Blaaine

I have. In many games, including this one. For many years. So other than implying i'm ignorant, is there a specific reason you disagree with my post?

You haven't played a healer in SWTOR and I know that is fact because your posts give that away.

uhm, no, didn't say that. I just corrected the original scenario's tactics. But thanks for trying to change the subject!