Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Ilum is not about skill...but about sitting around or zerging.

Xandarous

If there is one thing more frustrates me more than anything, it is losing due to being outnumbered. There is not skill involved or game balance. In a game where there is player vs player combat, it should be balanced. Both sides should have equal opportunity to win and in the end it should boil down to skill.

In mmos where gear progression is the main focus, you will have some better than others, but statistically, both sides have the same chance at that gear so roughly the same number of people on both sides will be geared vs those who are not. That would be a perfect world. Sadly we do not have that but please Bioware, do something to get it relatively close to that by doing something about the population disparity. Especially for Ilum.

Edit: Changed the title to be more clear

Edited by Xandarous

If there is one thing more frustrates me more than anything, it is losing due to being outnumbered. There is not skill involved or game balance. In a game where there is player vs player combat, it should be balanced. Both sides should have equal opportunity to win and in the end it should boil down to skill.

In mmos where gear progression is the main focus, you will have some better than others, but statistically, both sides have the same chance at that gear so roughly the same number of people on both sides will be geared vs those who are not. That would be a perfect world. Sadly we do not have that but please Bioware, do something to get it relatively close to that by doing something about the population disparity. Especially for Ilum.

just yesterday i saw a minority of imps kill the at least 25 to 50% bigger force of rebs

thats skill, some have it, some dont

If there is one thing more frustrates me more than anything, it is losing due to being outnumbered. There is not skill involved or game balance.

Welcome to "world pvp".

The skill is learning how to attack your enemy. IF you wanna zerg the zerg then good luck. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Welcome to "world pvp".

The skill is learning how to attack your enemy. IF you wanna zerg the zerg then good luck. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

Ilum is NOT world pvp. Anything I see that it makes me laugh. World PvP is random and in locations with no real pvp objectives and no real rewards. Ilum is like one big warzone but with not population balance control.

Cold hard facts.

This game has little to do with skill,what matters is lvl's,gear,and the time that was spent doing those two.

The other factors,,,Internet connection,and your PC.

Aside from those is some timing,thats it fellow gamers thats the whole enchilada.

Ilum needs to be redone.

There needs to be choke points on either side of a node. There should be 2 paths from each node to the next. One that is basically a straight shot but easily defended and a second path that takes longer but harder to defend.

Dynamic flight points to each node depending on who controls the node.

When a node is taken it should spawn NPCS. As you get closer to each base more NPCs of that faction should spawn. So as the Imps go south the natural resistance gets bigger because more republic NPCs spawn. That would fix several of the problems.

Also nodes on Ilum and in alderaan should have a neutral state.. If someone owns a node, you take it away with one channel that takes away flight points and spawn points. The second channel takes the node for your faction.

Basically it should be AV.

Edit: Also to get people to go there.. Make a quick shuttle between the fleet and the faction base. It should go both ways. Also maybe let people who are active in the Ilum zone pick which WZ they Q for.

Edited by Elooie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.