1,490 players reviewed this game as a 5.9

Proto

You also have the people that review the game based solely on what they didnt like. People that dont care one bit in the story and are mainly PVPers and review the entire thing because of bugs in pvp , Ilum problems or just unliking a warzone (Huttball-which I believe is fun as hell btw :p) yet should this people wether they are pvp or pvers only rate the game as a whole? or should they just rate pvp and then compare the rating to the pvers ,crafters,warzone players , etc etc and then come up with the entire rating score?

There has been a big problem with the rating system for years and in MMOs is bigger than other games since it should be break apart by different categories and be judge by people that like those categories , cant put a rocker review a rap song right?

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not attacking the reviewer site. I'm attacking the fanboys who disregard anything negative said about this game(even though it is rightly deserved), and then only believe things in their own mind about how much they like this less-than-mediocre MMO.

I'm attacking WoWers/"MMO" pros that say anything negative about this game (even though attacking them rightly deserved) and they believe that their opinions are facts, in their own mind think they are god's of mmos and everything they say is fact. And when someone disagrees with them, they shout "fanboys" and something being "blind".

I didn't know opinions could be fact.

Then.. Five Guys Hamburgers are the best in the world, and you are a blind idiot of hamburgers, because you don't like them. And I'm a pro Hamburger eater.

Edited by Chuckskyline

I laugh at many of those ratings. Pages of them were filled out the DAY TOR was released. You can't validly review an MMO after playing a day. And if they were basing it on beta, they were probably in one of several hypersensitive minorities which could make ratings go either way.

Rating on the internet anymore is binary: 10 or 0 (or whatever the highest and lowest of particular scales are). And it get's more and more binary as time passes. Everything is either the best, or the worst, when that's normally not the case at all. Edited by Scar

Actual reviewers have given the game an

Trolls on 4chan, wow addicts and random haters who have never played the game have posted on metacritic as though anyone cares about their opinion. Cool.

80 - 85 I would say is pretty accurate to what I would give it.

Good game missing some features to make it great. Biowares doing a good job patching every week (which is unheard of in the MMO world) and is adding a good amount of new content.

There is a real theorem that a random variable will reflect its underlying probability over a very large sample. In this case, we're using Metacritic's user rating of 5.9: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-the-old-republic/user-reviews

Putting 1500 random gamers to the test with SWTOR for a month and have them rate it on a scale of 1-10. You will very likely come up with an accurate measure of the game's worth based on that many reviews. That is what we have here and that is why user reviews are far more powerful and accurate than the skewed 'paid' reviews you'll see from sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc.

Swtor's real score (I think its a bit high):

If only I based what video games I liked on what other morons have to say about it. GOSH.

I'm not attacking the reviewer site. I'm attacking the fanboys who disregard anything negative said about this game(even though it is rightly deserved), and then only believe things in their own mind about how much they like this less-than-mediocre MMO.

See here is the problem there are no fan boys here..I have issues with the game I have had rounds with Georg Zoller about the Kira quest line bug the fact that my speeder dumps me in midair during the Alderan warzone and even on minor things like the music not playing correctly..I complain all the time but I do it constructively and for that I am labeled a fan boy (or fanboi if you are a hipster)

The problem is to the Hate Machine unless you're calling the Devs names and frothing at the mouth with issues that really make no sense or are making up crap about the game that isn't going on you are a fan boy.

It's just idiotic.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

Isnt that everyones personal decision to make? Whats your point?

Personally I plain hate it how bad quality this game is. That doesnt stop me from seeing how completely pointless the result presented in this thread really is.

Anyone with basic knowledge of statistics can see how pointless it is.

You call people who like the game fanboys as an insult, you say we disregard all the faults, well No we dont we accept the faults and want to see them fixed, we do not see the game as perfect. but we have an opinion of our own, and to insult us because it does not fit with your opinion is probably the most immature thing I have read in years.

A fault to you maybe game breaking, to me it is a minor irritation, you feel that the sum of the problems is worth quitting over, ok, no problem that is your decision. but for you to try and convince others to quit and insult them is just a feeble joke.

I imagine your the type in real life that gets bullied, and follow the crowd because you dare not be different, I pity you and people like you,.

Rating reviewed like that are worthless. If people have just had a good experience with the game before rating it. It will get a very high score. If they just had a bad experience it will get a very low score.

ToR is not a 2/10 game Its to good for that. No matter what you say. It works and you can play it so better than 2/10.

Also its not a 10/10 game. To much is missing and there are bugs and problems. Again you cant deny that.

Yet on rating reviews like that you will see lots of 1/10 and 10/10 ratings. What are you realy going to use that wrong rating for?

Anyone remember when games were rated on a number of things. Graphic, sound, game play, replay value and then finally give an over all scorer?

At least those ratings could be use for something.

What you linked is just a list of haters vs. fan boys. Will that really tell anyone anything about ToR?

No, only that feelings are mixed and that there are a lot of wining people playing/not playing the game. So more or less useless.

And no putting a lot of useless rating together won't give a accurate result.

I'm attacking WoWers/"MMO" pros that say anything negative about this game (even though attacking them rightly deserved) and they believe that their opinions are facts, in their own mind think they are god's of mmos and everything they say is fact. And when someone disagrees with them, they shout "fanboys" and something being "blind".

I didn't know opinions could be fact.

Then.. Five Guys Hamburgers are the best in the world, and you are a blind idiot of hamburgers, because you don't like them. And I'm a pro Hamburger eater.

Taste is subjective to every human being on the planet. Gamers and gaming is totally different. I think gamers are smart enough to know a bad game when they see it.

To compare food to gaming is just stupid and shows how desperate you are to try and tear down my legit argument.

There is a real theorem that a random variable will reflect its underlying probability over a very large sample. In this case, we're using Metacritic's user rating of 5.9: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-the-old-republic/user-reviews

Putting 1500 random gamers to the test with SWTOR for a month and have them rate it on a scale of 1-10. You will very likely come up with an accurate measure of the game's worth based on that many reviews. That is what we have here and that is why user reviews are far more powerful and accurate than the skewed 'paid' reviews you'll see from sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc.

In the world of malicious communities, trolling and fanboyism.

Take it with a pinch of salt.

I might go post a review of a game i dont own but hopes it fails as i love another game.

Pinch of salt...slight?

Correct. Single player linear RPG with MMO elements such as strange PvP with RNG based rewards - can't score even 7 in today's market of experienced customers.

If this game wasn't StarWars-based I wouldn't play it past first week after level 50. Maybe only +1-2 alt for quest storylines which are nearly perfect (but these can't turn this product into good *MMO*).

Edited by Pashgan

Taste is subjective to every human being on the planet. Gamers and gaming is totally different. I think gamers are smart enough to know a bad game when they see it.

To compare food to gaming is just stupid and shows how desperate you are to try and tear down my legit argument.

No. It isn't.

Games are an art form, I can't think of anything MORE subjective than art.

There is no 1% elite opinion that defines the reality of a gaming genre.

Not even yours.

Driz

not accurate at all. most people that are enjoying the game are not crying about it so they have no reason to stop playing the game.

also you didn't add in the possibility that the people rating it didn't actually played the game and are just trolling ( looks left, looks right ) because that's what they do.

You call people who like the game fanboys as an insult, you say we disregard all the faults, well No we dont we accept the faults and want to see them fixed, we do not see the game as perfect. but we have an opinion of our own, and to insult us because it does not fit with your opinion is probably the most immature thing I have read in years.

A fault to you maybe game breaking, to me it is a minor irritation, you feel that the sum of the problems is worth quitting over, ok, no problem that is your decision. but for you to try and convince others to quit and insult them is just a feeble joke.

I imagine your the type in real life that gets bullied, and follow the crowd because you dare not be different, I pity you and people like you,.

Assuming you know what kind of person I am in real life.....yeah, THAT makes your argument sound more solid.......I hate kids like you who assume things because you live in your little world of where you're always right. Step outside, take a college class, learn something about life then maybe you wouldn't sound so idiotic.