Whine about Marauders being bad

Jurary

Only comes from horrible players.

Seriously, as rank 56 annihilation marauder in mostly champion with 4 cents and tionese legs (champion mods), there is absolutely no class i've encountered that could possibly win 1v1, that has more ways of avoiding damage (100% dmg reduction camouflaging those 5k smash crits all day), or one that does more sustained single target damage + brings sick group buffs/heals and can solo any healer with ease. Healing debuff + 6sec cd interrupt + charge from any range as interrupt + aoe mez + force choke = gl getting any cast off whatsoever.

UP in group PvP? Lol jk, I can charge in a group of 3 people, stun them, pick a target, puts dots up, activate some defensive cds and he'll drop before I force camo 80% sprint my way to a health buff.

Sucks in Huttball? Jk force charge up their goal area from the pit. Tip: Stand on the little ledge and spam jump + charge while targeting someone that's about to come down from their spawn area = instant ball cap.

People who think marauders are bad should reroll arsenal mercenary. (and get destroyed by marauders trololol).

Respect to the OP for this post.

Marauders own. Bad players are simply bad players.

This. Well played marauders are annoying as hell.

But there is only one single thing I do mind in the class as a whole. The 99% dmg reduction. I have no idea why a DPS class should have something like that.

lol. so your saying you can kill a bunch of people who have no gear? congratulations?

A lot of what he writes works as a mid level character.

But there is only one single thing I do mind in the class as a whole. The 99% dmg reduction. I have no idea why a DPS class should have something like that.

It's a panic button for when they steal aggro from the tank, most DPS classes in this genre get them. In PVP of course these abilities are something entirely different.

This. Well played marauders are annoying as hell.

I agree, 5s of god mode is far too much for a dps class.

It's a panic button for when they steal aggro from the tank, most DPS classes in this genre get them. In PVP of course these abilities are something entirely different.

So what is in combat stealth then? Mara/sents panic buttons are well... lets say bit too good compared to other DPSers.

My "panic button" gives me 3 seconds of dodging white attacks and another gives me 1.5k absorb shield. Just throwing it out for comparison.

So what is in combat stealth then? Mara/sents panic buttons are well... lets say bit too good compared to other DPSers.

My "panic button" gives me 3 seconds of dodging white attacks and another gives me 1.5k absorb shield. Just throwing it out for comparison.

Don't forget cloak of pain which adds 20% flat dmg reduction as long as you take damage and Saber ward (50% dmg reduction vs white attacks and 25% vs yellow).

Marauders have far too much survivability for a dps class.

I'd agree that they're fairly good compared to some others.

I've played a scoundrel to 50 too and I'd even go so far as to say that in warzones, the Sentinel/Marauder vanish, if talented to 100% immunity, is more useful than the Scoundrel/Operative's. (However, that's only possible in one spec.)

But yeah I'm usually arguing that the Sentinel/Marauder feels fine when I play one so you'd not expect me to say their panic buttons aren't good enough, no? ;-)

Well some infos people who think mara are overpowered specially with defensive skills:

The saber ward doesnt really work in pvp never noticed a big gap when i activate it.

As for the 99% armor buff, well as annihi mara, i dont have any burst and i often need it to finish the fight.

Don't mix up the trees, for example you can't have force camo provinding 100% dmg resist while having 6K crits + stun on AOE.

I dont know for other specs and i really enjoy the annihi spec and its dots' gameplay, i do pretty well with my 5 pieces of champ' but the mara is definitly not overpowered !

On the other side it might be the most gear and skill dependent class, so when the mara that stands in you way meet those 2 requirements there's not much you can do

Dude from the first post. Annihilation and Rage are two different specs. Those 5k crit smashes you are seeing are from the Rage Tree. The rage tree is insanely fun, but it does have downsides. You can only get the full crit out of 2 smash times then it is time to wait on cooldowns. Rage is also nice because we do get some nice damage reduction. It definitely is a pvp spec at heart. We have to build up our shockwave ability to 4 stacks to get the full damage effect. If you see someone run in and do smash. There is one down, you see him force grip someone, stun him or interrupt it. Force grip is the 2nd smash. It will ramp up ticks for force smash, but this is where the rage tree starts lacking. Force grip has a minute cooldown. So after the 2nd smash, we are only getting one full damage smash off every nine seconds or so. I know plenty of other ranged that can top 5k crits a lot faster than every 20 sec. Force crush is our first ability that ramps up shockwave....Here look at the cooldown on our first full powered shockwave. Point is, rage does have it's dps drawbacks. There is always a time in the rotation where we are basically spamming vicious slash and probably do a normal forch smash, but it will only do maybe 1k damage if that.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/5usp6Ub/force-crush

The 99% damage reduction has a 2min 30sec cooldown. It reduces our health by half whenever used. I only use it when I hit about 20% health. The average ranged can tell when I pop it.

Force Camo is a cheat, but you have to deal with it. It does say it reduces damage by 100% in the annihilation tree.......but that is only when we are not attacking anything. If I start attacking anyone during that 4 sec....The ability drops. The ability only works if you somehow still saw me and attacked me. I wouldn't take damage at that time, but again force camo last 4 sec...

Force charge and it interrupting casts is a no brainer...All warriors in ANY mmo have been able to do this.

Annihilation is more fun for pve than pvp in my opinion. Sure, I can mow down 1 player at a time, but carnage/rage are more viable for pvp. I'd rather have burst over dots that do not always reset on time.

The reason we have any damage reduction at all is because of one reason. We wear medium armor. This is unheard of in any other game. I think at this very moment snipers are my arch-enemy. They hit like a truck.

Don't complain though, we are at a disadvantage once our force charge is on cooldown. If you can cc correctly then you got us in the bag....well, as long as force camo is also on cooldown, LOL......I'm just trying to get you to look at our side. We do have some annoying abilities, but would I be able to counter a ranged without them? :/

I did forget to mention that the pvp set bonus and one of the trees can reduce that 99% damage reduction by a few seconds. I'd have to log on and look. This ability only lasts 6 seconds as well. CC me....lol, it is my oh ****, im about to die button.

When I can stop for a moment in combat and throw a heal for 25% of my life you can have my CD's to survive 1vs1, since those aren't going to help in a group situation. I can't just force choke you and spam heal on myself while you are CC'ed.

Sentinels/Marauders aren't bad. If left alone they are quite strong, but alas, this rarely happens in group PvP. So they do need some help, primarily in the way of avoiding/recovering from CC (Roots unaffected by resolve is ********), and strengthening their primary interrupt so it is actually effective. (Force Kick should lock all abilities of the same type)

You do realize we have to sacrifice 50% of our hp to use it right?

Mara's say this. And it confuses me.

What idiotic mara would use at the start of a fight? None.

They use it when they are near dead anyways and blamo, they don't die and they can kill the other player.

Find a new excuse kthx.

Only comes from horrible players.

Seriously, as rank 56 annihilation marauder in mostly champion with 4 cents and tionese legs (champion mods), there is absolutely no class i've encountered that could possibly win 1v1, that has more ways of avoiding damage (100% dmg reduction camouflaging those 5k smash crits all day), or one that does more sustained single target damage + brings sick group buffs/heals and can solo any healer with ease. Healing debuff + 6sec cd interrupt + charge from any range as interrupt + aoe mez + force choke = gl getting any cast off whatsoever.

UP in group PvP? Lol jk, I can charge in a group of 3 people, stun them, pick a target, puts dots up, activate some defensive cds and he'll drop before I force camo 80% sprint my way to a health buff.

Sucks in Huttball? Jk force charge up their goal area from the pit. Tip: Stand on the little ledge and spam jump + charge while targeting someone that's about to come down from their spawn area = instant ball cap.

People who think marauders are bad should reroll arsenal mercenary. (and get destroyed by marauders trololol).

lol

________

Yeah honestly Marauders are borderline OP with even a little team support.

Just so many people don't know how to play them right. I have almost no chance against a good marauder.

Let me know when there are arenas and small scale fights actuall matter until the. 2v2 or 1v1 does not matter in the slightest.

The point many people don't understand and clearly the OP is one of them, is an equal skilled ranged has a bye advantage over that marauder. Everyone mentions that melees have so many ways to interrupt but interrupts only effect 1 skill change this so that all your ranged skills of similar effect are unusable and you can remove, oh wait, range has as much controll as melee from range, so fix that as well and you can see a change.

Edited by Fierystrike