RE is such a farce.

Treplos

I accumulated a load of mats (loads of x99 stacks) to try and get some Epic schematic (lvl 40-50) from RE'ing.

After about a week of crafting, I managed to get 1 blue schematic upgrade, and 1 Epic schematic upgrade, both of which are the Redoubt version which is not what I wanted.

I've crafted perhaps over 60 blue items (and 3 times as many Green items) and gotten that 1 Epic upgrade. :mad:

Who implemented such a system?

Edited by Treplos

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the way it works. Green to blue is easy, since it doesn't take a lot of time. I am currently researching artifact earpieces. 4 people on missions for mats, 1 companion always crafting blue items to RE.

The RE Tries from blue to purple until now were 47, 32 (already know that), 17, 13, 25 and currently I am somewhere around 60.

Looks to me as working as intended. If you want artifact recipes, you need to commit quite some time and materials to it. But eventually you get rewarded. Whether it is worth the effort is your choice.

Actually, I kinda wish they'd implement a modified version their group convo "roll" system (which used to have some awesome crits when it was bugged for those who remember it :p ) to slightly boost your chance upon every failure.

That way, you might have a:

• 1.0% chance on your 1st RE of an item.
  • 1.05% on the 2nd attempt.
  • 1.1% on the 3rd attempt.
  • etc

That way, even if you're super unlucky, by the 1980th item, you're at a 100% chance (though really you had a 50/50 chance by item #980, and probably either got it or stopped trying well before then). Obviously my example scales linearly, and they could (and probably would) use something completely different.

The big problems mind you are that it's not only a new game system they may not have the framework for, but a pile of extra data the server has to keep track of (since it now has to keep track of how many times you RE'ed every single craftable item). Whether it would even be feasible or not to pull off, only BW knows...

Edited by jdi_knght

apart from being able to get epic - u need the right epic out of 5. and do not forget u can get the same epic u already have (which is not a bug but working as intended as BW say). so if u r not extremely lucky just forget about crafting in 50 - just go and get er col or at least tio thingies

(exact true for me - tried to make myself bracers, made LOTS of blue, got 3 i did not need - as a sniper i need acc or surge - and got "u alrdy know this schematics" 4 more times. during that time i just got col bracers from BT HM...

for me the only armour u may want to RE to epic is a lvl 50 blue schematics u can get from HM (not the purple ones which are BOP so i dunno if they can be RE'd). but man - it will cost a fortune :) 1mln creds? 2 mln creds?

Thats RNG.

RNG is random - to the OP, you just have horridly bad luck. Just last night I was doing Artifice crafting on an alt and RE'd a blue schematic after two RE's of the green version of that particular item.

Edited by Aerithel

RNG is random - to the OP, you just have horridly bad luck. Just last night I was doing Artifice crafting on an alt and RE'd a blue schematic after two RE's of the green version of that particular item.

getting blue from green is not a problem even for 49+ lvl items. problem is to get right purple item.

Exactly, it seems that you always proc the ones that aren't needed for your class.

Then after about 150 more Blue RE's you finally get the purple recipe that you want.

Sounds awesome! Make a deal with someone of another craft and make each other's for free. :)

Exactly, it seems that you always proc the ones that aren't needed for your class.

Then after about 150 more Blue RE's you finally get the purple recipe that you want.

Don't forget that by the time you get what you want, the odds are something better already dropped for you as well.

Disagree with OP. Worked fine for me when I was crafting while I leveled; always had crit blues, purples or mastercrafts ready for me when I leveled. Possibly just horrible luck.

Keep in mind advance schematics are permanent, so they should not be easy to obtain or the market would be overrun.

Disagree with OP. Worked fine for me when I was crafting while I leveled; always had crit blues, purples or mastercrafts ready for me when I leveled. Possibly just horrible luck.

Keep in mind advance schematics are permanent, so they should not be easy to obtain or the market would be overrun.

I am trying to get the lvl 49-50 ones. It seems that the lower lvls ones are hard to get, just not as hard.

I am now at over 80 Blue crafts with just that initial Redoubt Epic. And as someone else said, I could perhaps get the same Redoubt Epic, which just sucks.

The biggest problem is, you can just do an instance or PVP and get better Epics, or just goto AH and buy what you want (if it's available), i.e. rely on other people's good RNG.

To me this system just blows, because crafting and RE'ing should be about rewarding effort, dedication and the costs spent, not simple pure dumb luck.

Edited by Treplos

I accumulated a load of mats (loads of x99 stacks) to try and get some Epic schematic (lvl 40-50) from RE'ing.

After about a week of crafting, I managed to get 1 blue schematic upgrade, and 1 Epic schematic upgrade, both of which are the Redoubt version which is not what I wanted.

I've crafted perhaps over 60 blue items (and 3 times as many Green items) and gotten that 1 Epic upgrade. :mad:

Who implemented such a system?

I think you may be exaggerating a lot. Seriously. I can almost guarantee a blue recipe from 4 or 5 RE's of a green, and same with epic.

Since the last patch, I have had a really difficult time getting new schematics while reverse engineering. Green to Blue, Blue to Pink it doen's matter. All of them seem much more difficult. I am still convinced that there was a stealth nerf.

I think you may be exaggerating a lot. Seriously. I can almost guarantee a blue recipe from 4 or 5 RE's of a green, and same with epic.

I wish I was. I've been crafting on my alts for over a week, every day at least 20 blues (5 at a time). You do the math. Today another 10 blues, ran out of mats, and I gave up. Still no dice.

Meh w/e. BW can keep this ****** crafting for themselves.

Edited by Treplos

I'm fine with the RE rate as is.

On Average blue -> purple at 50 is 50 REs for me.

I've yet to proc a purple -> purple t2 prefix.

I think its fine.

In fact, if they buff the RE chance as advertised, they're going to have to add some serious depth to the system from another angle, or the market will be 'full' in no time.

Usually on these types of posts, it is a pile on complaining about how BW got it wrong. I agree with many of you, it is working the way it is supposed to. The reason why it feels bugged is two fold:

1. You simply cannot gain purple schematics for your every need in the game - you level too fast to make this feasible.

2. Most people do not think about how much better purple is over blue and the resource investment to get there - developing multiple purple schematics has an economic impact - you need to sell these. The reason this does not work is because few servers have fully functioning economies... many of the loot drops are very good, very available and see item one - you just out grow your stuff too fast.

Most people should develop blue for each step and select specific purple for economic or support (e.g. earpieces do not change every level) reasons.

upgrade for upgrade sake may be interesting idea but if yuu just sell all your blues on the GTNs compared to burning them to get a purple schematic and then selling your purples with odds as bad as they are it looks to be more feasible to just sell your blues andlet someone else waste their time on going for purples and then just buy a purple if you really need it :)

upgrade for upgrade sake may be interesting idea but if yuu just sell all your blues on the GTNs compared to burning them to get a purple schematic and then selling your purples with odds as bad as they are it looks to be more feasible to just sell your blues andlet someone else waste their time on going for purples and then just buy a purple if you really need it :)

I have no need for cash. It is not like crafting is useful anyway once you start doing PVE or PVP at lvl 50. I am simply trying to get some epic schematics, maybe to make an item or 2 for my alts. Also, maybe for the feeling that I can craft something that could be of use to someone.

I just really hate gambling like this; it reminds me of Aion crafting, which made me quit the game altogether.

It does not reward anything except sheer dumb luck.

Edited by Treplos

This is not my experience so either the RNG factor are two extreme values or bad luck is simply just bad luck. I've burned through a stack of materials with zero success on a blue of any type before.

Edited by PellonSW

Sure it's RNG. A RNG with horrible odds. That's really the complaint people have; the odds are just way too low.

Way too low? I don't even RE that much, it's a month and a half into the game and I already have like purple schematics.. which I guess means I have like 600 blues?

That's not too low, if anything it's too high.

Way too low? I don't even RE that much, it's a month and a half into the game and I already have like purple schematics.. which I guess means I have like 600 blues?

That's not too low, if anything it's too high.

Good for you.

Over the course of more than one week, I've blown through 30 or 40 full x99 stacks of C5 and C6 resources (and finally gave up) and only got 2 epics, both Redoubt.

Edited by Treplos

All complaints aside, there IS something wrong with RE-ing recently. A handful of players are recently saying that RE isn't providing new Schematics.

RE is fun, but when tier 1 items get extremely hard to obtain like tier 3 items, then RE becomes discouraging... :( Not to mention the amount of money you have to invest in it...