Do You Like SWTOR In It's Current State? YES/NO

StrikeOfLight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

Though I'll admit there is room for improvement (who wouldn't?) and I would like the game even more with improvements in the areas that are lacking, I am having fun with the game as it stands right now. Not my first release, and this has been the smoothest I have experienced.

I like TOR atm considering the fact that its the game just recently released but there are things where this game could improve and be only better :

- Flashpoints in this game are nice , they are a lot of fun , better than in some other game I will not mention here , I especially like Maelstrom prison , Esseles, False emperor for its story components ( playing republic )

- Questing in this game and the way how it is presented throught the story is very nice and while leveling I havent not even once feelt like grinding but rather like playing some good rpg game.

- Introduction of the crossrealm LFG tool for flashpoints would be greatly accepted on republic side since on most servers there are a lot more of empire players than republic and sometimes its hard to fill some specific role and get the flashpoints groups going.

Also ppl should remember that this tool would not be mandatory and whoever would not like to use it doesent have to.

- Current difficulty of the raids in the game is okay for entry level of the raids , its on pair with most other MMOS which where released in past and ppl should remember that this MMO also introduced a lot of unexperienced players to this genre of games.

- PVP did got better since introduction of level brackets for the warzones so none side get stormed anymore in the warzones because other side got like all 50 and other one several lowbies.

In the long run I and I'm sure many other players which enjoy PVP would like added some competitive aspects to PVP and I think that introduction of the ranked warzones where teams would be ranked based on their perfomance would be great idea.

Also when devs are adding new PVE content to the game they should be adding also some new warzones because repeating same ones for x number of times might get boring.

- In the future expanded space combat and some space PVP would be nice idea , I would like to see some multiplayer concepts for the space game.

- I got used to the current UI of this game and dont have any problems with it , also graphics is good in this game considering its an MMO and game needs to run good and smooth for majority of the users and especially in the situation where there a lot of users on one place.

Also I never considered this game as co-op or single player game like some ppl have mentioned on this forum because I'm grouping up constantly with other players either for heroic quest in the game or for flashpoints, ops and pvp.

Edited by Lunablade

Very torn right now...

I like:

-class stories (my smuggler story had me wanting to keep pushing ahead to find out what would happen next all the way to 50. trooper so far not as good but still ok.)

-scenery (eye candy is always good)

-flashpoints (love that they aren't just dps races and have actual mechanics to the fights)

I dislike:

-lack of things to do at 50 (pvp is fun but can only do so much)

-no reason to have guilds (no gbank or anything in-game to really tie guild together)

-bugs that are reported as squashed but then show up again (yes I understand it is new game but buggies crawling all over my game takes away some of the fun)

NO.

Those that say YES without any quibble are deluding themselves.

Mainly because i want to play with graphics that are from at least 2010 +

The textures that are being advertised as playable i want to have the option of using.

As much as the gameplay holds me, this high rez issue not available wont keep me in ANY MMO long term.

Im fortunate to have a recent PC and i want to play games to reflect that, i respect the fact not everyone is so fortunate HOWEVER those who are should have the option in any new PC game to have some recent graphical settings.

Graphics isnt everything in a game BUT in an MMO i really differ l, its no use having great graphics if the game performs sh*ite as i found AoC, but the whole idea of an MMO is to get better gear than others and work your way up (thats not all, but its a biggy).

So you can zoom in and inspect others gear they have obtained, for the look and stats.

IF this was just a shooter, i might just about overlook the historic looking "top" textures that we have at the moment, but not in an MMO.

I know its been said that the developers are working on a solution, but they SHOULD NEVER have shown it with any High Rez features (although a lot of potential purchasers (myself included though im a mega SW fan) may not have even touched it then).

I believe at the end of the day the engine thats being used cant run an MMO, and most of the server side testing was done as a SINGLE player game , at which time the high rez bit worked perfect, but fell to bits when it was found the engine couldnt handle the number of players on screen.

End of March roughly , IF no better textures AVAILABLE TO CHOOSE TO USE, ill probably be moving on, yeah noone cares , but more and more people are going and its only recently ive took this stance.

I played WoW for 6 years and got bored of it, i wont be going back there, moving on is what i said.

Edited by Urko

On the fence.I almost unsubscribe last night.

Still haven't got a answer back from support on a bug where your conversation with companion gets 5xp for positive affinity.Too many times it has happened...support..crickets..Also would be nice to have skills work.

Two builds prior to early access it was 10 in my book.Then the nerf bat came.It hasn't stopped and don't know when it will.Storyline is still good.There is a lot of potential there.They should of keep some of the good stuff they nerfed.

Ability to change coins next planet up at 2 to 1

GTN at each planet

10k for another bank instead of 40k

Stuff like that.Also they raised the level of the gear.They listen to a small group of people and instead of modest changes they tend to go to the extreme.It is a good game but also seems bare in many areas.Someone mention Tatooine.I agree with him.You expect to see more.

Those that say YES without any quibble are deluding themselves.

I have quibbles but I'm too lazy to type them out this morning, besides I've done it before in threads devoted to my specific pet peeves. I'm just confident (and patient) that over time BW will make qol changes and add more features, and in the meantime I'm still having a good time.

No. Not in it's current state.

Raiding was not exciting, it was short, and only offered HM and Nightmare versions of the same thing. The game also has class role imbalances, broken talents, and a large cache of bugs still to be worked out.

The amount of time needed to correct these problems would likely be a lengthy endevour. The game was simply pushed out way too soon. I definately enjoyed playing, however I think I will shop around a bit for a game with better raid content, completed classes, less bugs, and a better crafting system.

I have quibbles but I'm too lazy to type them out this morning, besides I've done it before in threads devoted to my specific pet peeves. I'm just confident (and patient) that over time BW will make qol changes and add more features, and in the meantime I'm still having a good time.

I agree with above, im getting more optimistic as time goes on though, hence my previous reply.

Edited by Urko

If this is true the future of the game doesn't look too bright. From the few people who still play 50% dislikes it and will probably quit... :(

And if you take into account all the people who dislike and quit without coming to the forums...

You could also turn around your statement and say:

If this is true the future of the game does look bright. From all the people who still play 50% likes it and will probably stay.

And if you take into account all the people who like the game and never come to the forums..

You could also turn around your statement and say:

If this is true the future of the game does look bright. From all the people who still play 50% likes it and will probably stay.

And if you take into account all the people who like the game and never come to the forums..

Pity they dont because they are the sort of player that moan their heads off privately and keep paying the sub no matter what.

The 50% that GO are the wise in the long run, i hope i DONT become one of them.

Edited by Urko

Yes , I like it .

But my main interest is for the story : level up a jedi up to 50 , and then a sith. I don't have expectations focused on mmo features (no plans to do any kind of pvp , don't care about becoming proficient and spend weeks to get the best gear , ... ). So I'll probably suspend the subscription after 2 months. And come back later if there will be exciting expansions in future.