Get Rid of XP for PvP

Blotter

Title of the thread says it all. I won't go into a lengthy explanation...will let others argue it out and chime in if I feel like it...but I think most people know why. And no, I absolutely LOVE to PvP, so hold your horses on claiming I'm a carebear or some such nonsense.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way. Although I like the story elements, when I level an alt I really don't want to redo the same side quests. I am looking forward to experiencing a new class story questing and doing the rest PvP. Edited by Turando

I love PvP XP. After you level one character, leveling a second is pretty much the same other than the class quests because all the side quests are the same. So you can, if you choose, only do the class quests and PvP to level. I think it's perfect and a much more fun way to level once you've done most of the side quests on one character.

but I think most people know why.

I doubt that.

Since XP for BGs was introduced in WoW, and also was there live for Rift at launch, as well as live here at launch, I think I've seen maybe 3 complaints ever about it.

XP for BGs in WoW was one of the best things they ever introduced (dual specs and the LFD tool among the next). I had so much more fun leveling alts once this was introduced (along with the dual spec and LFD tool).

I've done all the solo Empire planetary quests (though not all of the bonus series). I have no real desire to do them again. XP for PvP allows me to level up an alt and not hate what I'm doing (repeating the same quests over and over).

The solo planetary quests are good "for an MMO", but that doesn't mean they're actually that much fun.

You want to be able to twink and not have to grind out expertise gear from RNG bags?

I could support an XP off option but cutting off PVP XP would probably make me quit. I would never be able to level another character.

OK, so how about it only turns on for your second character once you level the first one to 50? I dunno. "No" isn't a very creative answer. Do you not acknowledge that there's a problem with it?

"Leveling is too fast." Yes. Yes it is. And it needs to be forcibly slowed down.

"There's nothing to do once you hit 50." a/k/a "I skipped as much content as possible to get to 50 ASAP."

"I'm always too many levels ahead of my class/story quest levels and they're too easy"

I hate to go there, but WoW never had XP for BGs...not that I can remember (unless there was the odd quest or two to get you started on it)...and, tbh, they had PvP done pretty well by the time I had quit. Furthermore...shocker...nobody was complaining that they couldn't just skip all the other content and treat the game like multiplayer COD/Halo to get to the level cap.

Why give XP for PvP in the first place? There's no solid justification for it whatsoever and all it does is encourage people to avoid the main content the developers intended to be the meat and focus of the game. The ONLY reason I've been able to come up with is that they were seeking to snag a chunk of the player market who were looking for nothing more than the PvP pew pew lazers lightning LIGHTSABERZ WAAAAH WAAAAH WAAAAH PZZZZZT I PWNED YOUR FACE OFF!!! In my opinion, specifically targeting that audience has hampered community development.

XP for PvP = easy mode for leveling to 50's endgame, particularly when you consider the compounding of the problem with the fact that PvP gear is pretty much the best you can get in preparation for the endgame "raiding" scene.

Anyway, I was trying to avoid throwing out my own ideas and what not in the OP because I wanted to hear how others thought it through (thought...not knee-jerk reactions) and I figured I'd avoid painting targets that would become the focus of the thread. So, oh well, now you have your targets. Flame on.

This person doesn't want PVP exp so they can stay at 49 forever and **** on all the other PVPers before dinging 50 and getting *** slammed.

Not true. Get that out of your system. I've never twinked a toon in my life and would find it horribly boring. I want the most competetive PvP there is and I like the challenge. And, I'm pretty good, or at least confident enough that I don't feel the need to go a-twinking at 49. Lame straw man argument on your part.

I want more XP in warzones.

I'm on alts now and i'm incredibly bored of fluff quests so level in warzones. I do my story in between when I hit the right level for it but really can't face the filler quests anymore.

I see peoples' point here, which is why I suggested the option be turned on only once you bring your first toon to 50.

What a revolting development that would be.

Of course we need XP for PVP...and this coming from someone who only does like 15% of his leveling through PVP so I wouldn't even really miss it.

There's no reason to punish PVP'ers like this. Makes no sense at all and cannot in anyway be validated or defended.

Ridiculous idea. Next thread....

What a revolting development that would be.

Of course we need XP for PVP...and this coming from someone who only does like 15% of his leveling through PVP so I wouldn't even really miss it.

There's no reason to punish PVP'ers like this. Makes no sense at all and cannot in anyway be validated or defended.

Ridiculous idea. Next thread....

Here's a tip: arguments contain analysis of supporting facts and end with a conclusion. They don't simply start with a conclusion, restate the conclusion and then end with an ad hominem attack. Give reasons. Support them. Then reach a conclusion. Don't just say "conclusion conclusion conclusion you dumb...end." I think I've been reasonable here and was looking to encourage a legit discussion. From the few posts at the beginning, it seems there are some legit reasons for XP in PvP I was overlooking, but I still maintain that the amount you get or the availability of it with your first toon is a problem as it encourages and axacerbates the fast-leveling problem and the secondary problems that go with it.

Not true. Get that out of your system. I've never twinked a toon in my life and would find it horribly boring. I want the most competetive PvP there is and I like the challenge. And, I'm pretty good, or at least confident enough that I don't feel the need to go a-twinking at 49. Lame straw man argument on your part.

Even if that is not your intention that is what WILL happen...and will make leveling up PvP a real joke. What is wrong with it otherwise? People that want to level PvP have that opportunity. If your argument is really that a person that does everything out levels quest content it really is a moot point. If that is the case space missions should give no exp, flashpoints should give no exp...because if you do anything else along with the solo missions (assuming you do ALL the solo missions) you will out level it.