The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why was the combat log left out? A serious question...

mrbiggggy

Seriously BW why would you leave out something so critical to an mmo

pretty much every mmo ever has had a combat log

some people actually RELY on the combat log for information during combat

was there just not enough time to include one?

did you figure no one would care?

did you just say oh this is just a casual game, we are trying to get people who played games like mass effect and dragon age to pay us a subscription... they never had a combat log that would just confuse them

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are working on one. Don't worry. They already said they are working on a personal combat log.

But I guess this will take some time to code.

how do they expect to effectively balance pvp with out actually knowing for sure how much damage healing etc everything is doing

i mean isnt a combat log required not just for the players but for developers too

this just seems like a such a big joke to me

heh... they should voice act the combat log.

"Master, you crit for 5000!"

"Master brush up on your aim, cause that shot missed."

lmao!

"Master, you crit for 5000! You deserve nothing less."

And make the voice volume separate at 100% with no options so you either have to mute the game or keep sound on.

Edited by EscVelocity

heh... they should voice act the combat log.

"Master, you crit for 5000!"

"Master brush up on your aim, cause that shot missed."

"In other news, game related suicide rates skyrocket as sarcastic yet fabulous droid ridicules players in the new online game Star Wars: The Old Republic. When asked why this would happen, the only response we got was:

"Master, your channel has low viewership. I suggest upping your ratings or finding a new job."

More at 11."

They are working on one. Don't worry. They already said they are working on a personal combat log.

But I guess this will take some time to code.

How long will ppl support bad workmanship and blatant ignorance?

Abandon quest anyone?

I love the game too, but for how long?

how do they expect to effectively balance pvp with out actually knowing for sure how much damage healing etc everything is doing

i mean isnt a combat log required not just for the players but for developers too

this just seems like a such a big joke to me

LOL. XD

No, you were serious?

Bioware can monitor combat damage. That's how they do it. It's been stated. What's being worked on is something that doesn't look like telnet on your screen, that matches the UI.

I agree. Because parsing a combat log makes you hard core. :D

i dont even consider myself a hardcore

i want to see what my **** is hitting for and have a log of it

i want to see why this ability didnt go off

i want to see why it used the cooldown on an ability but the ability was not performed

i want to see why that hit for less than it usually does

i want to see how often im missing

i want to see how often my **** is getting dodged

i want to see basic **** that you can see in a log in almost every other mmo and a lot of single player rpgs (not bioware ones, lol those are the call of duties of rpgs)

The Combat Log was left out of the game, so that players could not do the following.

1. Break down the imbalances of the classes
  2. Feel insginificant when their companion characters out damage them
  3. Cause more complaints for Bioware based off damage balancing

Direct copy paste from another thread:

I have posted this multiple times in the last 3 weeks, why is it that every TROLL or whiner on the forum has the identical 3 things in common?

1. No avatar

2. Some stupid name all in lower case with multiple letters the same( e.g. pwnnnkthxbyyyy)

3. Every second line has swearing in it or strategically placed wording to bypass the swear filter

It's really weird, are they all from the same place or same previous games like MW3 or BF2?

Edited by Brakner

Direct copy paste from another thread:

I have posted this multiple times in the last 3 weeks, why is it that every TROLL or whiner on the forum has the identical 3 things in common?

1. No avatar

2. Some stupid name all in lower case with multiple letters the same( e.g. pwnnnkthxbyyyy)

3. Every second line has swearing in it or strategically placed wording to bypass the swear filter

It's really weird, are they all from the same place or same previous games like MW3 or BF2?

Yours is the first troll post in this thread.

I'd love a combat log...hopefully it gets implemented soon. But I'm a patient person and am having a blast with this game.

As DPS and an officer I love parsers. However, in the mean time the enrage timers for hard/nightmare modes in raids give us all a vague idea of how we're doing. If we kill the boss then all is well.

For the record I am certainly /signing for a combat log!

The Combat Log was left out of the game, so that players could not do the following.

1. Break down the imbalances of the classes
  2. Feel insginificant when their companion characters out damage them
  3. Cause more complaints for Bioware based off damage balancing

this right here, the devs dont want you to know how broken the game really is....