SWTOR was promising. I liked it untill now.

jordanph

You got to level 50 on Jan 1st? You must have played almost nonstop from the first day of early access.

really? I was 50 by the first, I didn't even take a day off from work *shrugs* its only 150 hours of play. The guys that played day in an day out, were the ones that hit 50 before early access completed ;)

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really? I was 50 by the first, I didn't even take a day off from work *shrugs* its ONLY 150 hours of play. The guys that played day in an day out, were the ones that hit 50 before early access completed ;)

I ask again. am I the only person that has issues with statements like this? If you started on first day of EGA that's still about 20 days to the 1st of Jan. 150/20 = 7.5hrs a day. Weekends included. That's over 52 hrs a week. That's a full time job with overtime pay. You sure you playing a game or going to work?

I think the problem is people believe because they're paying $15 a month they must be on all the time or it's money wasting. If you go to a movie you spend more than that to watch the movie and buy some popcorn and you get on average of 2hrs of entertainment.

The fact that you were drawn to play that much in a short period of time shows how good the game is because if you were bored and kept logging on then you got different problems.

Come on people... Lay the crack pipe down.

Edited by DarthKhaos

why this post is BS? because its a new game thats hasnt even been out 3 months and people already think there should be 6 wrazones and 20 flash points and 10 raids or what ever the hell any other 5 year old MMO has. Wow had same 4 ****** warzones for like 2 years? then they introduced eye of the storm and probs some other warsone thats so bad i can't evene remeber it. The valor 60 thing is ball seeing as i cant be arsed to play that much. Arena was introduced into in burning crusade and arena fails hard any how becaue one class is generaly more suited to it than others no matter how pro you are. (**** YOU FROST MAGES!)

reputaton is the worse thing In any MMORPG. So not only do i have to get the gold /marks for this mount or gear but i also need the rep status that takes like 2 weeks of grind (if its grindable, usualy quests so you end up having to do it every day for a month to get it with in a month or raid kills which takes even longer QQ) 2 get. Yes i rememebr the hard Grind for the Nether drakes and how long *** and boring it was for a piece of crap reskin of a mount at the end of it. Some rep was used to buy the best raid gear like Fire lands (this is when i stopped playing Wow and got a life for about 6 months).

More content will come out soon i'm sure. you can't grind the **** out of this game and take every thing it has and complete it with in a month then whine there isn't enough content when you just played a brand new MMO straight for 1 month.

Yeah i got to 50 the other week and im pretty bored with it aswell and i havn't even done pve flash points or pvp, i'm not bored because the game is bad im bored because the genre is bad. All these MMO's are the same just different cover. Always end up dong the same *** **** as in healing, dps, tank pve and PVP, quest, grind, daily YAWN BORING!

I'm sure if you got every thing there is in an MMO you wont feel satisfaction but dissapointment as many of you are finding out.

Im gona go play BF3!

why this post is BS? because its a new game thats hasnt even been out 3 months and....

....blahblahblah!

So tired of these idiotic excuses. Yes, lets feed them our money and maybe, just MAYBE they will fix their crappy engine and make good endgame material....

I swear, I think brainfarts like these comes from kids who aren't paying for their own subs.

the game has only been out for 1 freaking month and you people are already crying like spoiled kids. You have to be kidding me if you think everything will be in the game and the game perfect

Well when they stamped it release, boxed it and sold it, I kind of expected it to have an endgame, and not be completely broken.

over several years ago is not "recently". and this is NOW, not "back then". so why compare 2012 with 2009?

Because development time still isn't instantaneous. You can't develop 13 years worth of content in 5 years. So how do you compare them?

Spoken like someone who NEVER played WoW.

From someone who played WoW from day one, PvP was rare until they introduced honor and rankings. At which point, unless you were a rogue or had some mad AoE.....there was really no point in attempting to participate. Which lasted for several months.

If they made it a longer leveling game we wouldn't be having this conversation(for most of us that didn't play 12 hours a day). Most of us would still be leveling which would give them more time to add stuff. But the amount of time it takes to level is so quick.

Hello

I got to level fifty about one month ago from now and I couldn't stop bragging about how amazing this game was. I was on these forums daily trying to fight away the people who hate this game and making suggestions for end game. Quite simply you can call me blinded and obsessed. I couldn't face denial that this game actually is bad.

Here I am now then telling you why I dislike the game and seeing if I can relate to those who back up this game that had promise but has lost it.

1) PvP:

PvP was promising. Huttball was new and enjoyable (imo) and the other two warzones were attractive and easy to get used to. However after playing these same three warzones over and over with no differentiation is a drag. Especially having to get to valor 60 for the best gear simply either farming rare empire kills in illum (I say rare because each one I attack has 5 people on back-up behind them) or farming those three warzones alot!!

"Why can you not play this game just because you enjoy playing?" I did enjoy playing but come on, be logical. Doing the same three things over and over simply doesn't maintain it's excitement.

2) PvE: Just flashpoint after flashpoint and the only reason to do it is for the gear piece at the end to be traded for columi. No decent gear any other way. Flashpoint drops were terrible. Took forever to find a full group even tho its only 4 man. No reputation gains to buy gear from reputation vendors etc. Just a boring one way street.

The reasons behind why WoW was enjoyable with PvP

• Dueling in durotar/elwynn added competitiveness against own faction. Cannot happen here because there is no dueling area within 10 seconds from the main part of the fleet without going through a loading screen.
  • Arena. Yes arena added excitement to PvP and added competition. I enjoy competition and therefore is why SWTOR has lost its edge for me. No matter how much you hate arena it is still better than anything SWTOR has to offer at this moment. It consists of rewards if you are good and is not dependant on others. It feels personal to you making a team. Just endless hours could be spent trying to increase rating and the feeling of winning was great.
  • Ratings for arena and battleground groups. Added competition and elitism. Made the community thrive in a bad or good way. Depends how you think about it.
  • Battleground were alot larger than SWTORs and added an MMO feel to it. Mounting included.

The reasons behind why WoW was enjoyable with PvE

• It didn't just involve token rewards from dungeons. The actual gear from dungeons was useful. Made people have a sense of excitement when killing a boss waiting for loot to drop. Wasn't free access to token gear at the end of each dungeon.
  • The token grind for gear that was worth XXXX amount of tokens wasn't long. It was only 2 weeks of lock time or so. Compared to SWTOR this is short.
  • One of my favorite features of WoW when it was in WoW was the daily heroic where you had to kill a specific boss in a specific dungeon.
  • Dungeon finder was easy to use and using it gave rewards.

The reasons why WoW was enjoyable

• Community was larger and auction house was thriving. Had an actual economy. Felt good.
  • Events that took place when events took palce in reality. E.G christmas events that gave you decent rewards from doing christmas stuff or valentines day etc etc.
  • You could re-do you characters hair style at the barbers.
  • Professions felt great once they were leveled to the max. Felt like you achieved something.
  • Fishing, Archaeology, First aid etc
  • You could attack the enemy cities. Also attack towns and cities alone as long as you avoided elites because guards were only normal mobs. In SWTOR guards are champions for most places.
  • Flying mounts
  • Quick travel with portals.
  • Daily quest zone had dailys close together and it interacted with opposite faction. So it could also be pvp. Zones were small and easy to complete. Not a drag. Illum daily area doesn't have much zones shared with imperial and is quite the drag in illum.
  • Guilds had reputation/amazing rewards for being exalted with guild. Heirlooms to level alts with. Mounts etc.
  • The ammount of gear varied massively and it wasn't allways the vendor gear that was the best. Unlike SWTOR where you can only rely on vendor gear.

The reasons why Rift was enjoyable for me (I played no part in pvp so I have no idea what it is like)

• Frequent world events / updates. Rifts opened and invasions happened where community would group up.
  • Zones were shared with opposite faction at higher level instead of split into two halves.
  • PvE gear was aquired only from bosses. Vendor gear was not necessary the best gear again. Also crafted gear was good and there was crafting daily/weekly.
  • Crafting was updated frequently
  • Training dummys
  • Multiple currencys from rifts. Allowed purchase of gear that could be used at end-game level.
  • Reputation mounts.
  • 10-man instances were completely different to 25-man. 10 man rifts were available and 5 man.
  • two tiers of dungeon at launch.
  • and more!

Hey OP i enjoyed your post, and about a week ago i was the same way defending this game to the very end. Im really only a PVE player, PVP has the problems you described in every game it isnt unique to SWTOR the only way its less boring is if its a game like wow thats been out for a while and has many BG's etc.

For PVE though you make some points that ive made a few posts about and have been trying to point out to people, you made the end game PVE loot sound even better than it is to be honest even though you were being negative about it.

They rehash all the loot in every aspect of End game PVE, 8 and 16 mans drop the EXACT same loot, you may as well just run 2 8 mans tbh. HM FP's drop the exact same loot as normal mode ops, and even HM Ops, drop columi pieces and one of the 3 other sets in this game (xenotech , exotech, and energized) That is all their is, basically 3 sets for each class not including tier gear and the same stuff drops no matter what PVE mode you play. You can run HM FP's and basically not even need to touch normal OPs at all to be geared for HM Ops.

Look at the loot table for just 1 Wow Raid (both 8 and 16 man loot tables) 1 raid has more end game gear than all of SWTOR's end game PVE drops combined.

On top of that raids are far to easy, ive never once done a raid in an mmo (where said raid was new content) and cleared it on the very first night with only a few wipes, something is wrong with that picture. Another thing alot of people will overlook is how much each boss drops in an 8 man. Each boss drops 4 pieces of gear. Correct me if im wrong but didnt wow only drop 2 pieces of loot for each boss in a 10 man. The problem is suddenly accelerating lack of loot in the end game and on top of that they give you too much of it , suddenly people are geared with nothing to do really really fast. I had full columi after 1 week of raiding and HM FP's that shouldnt happen.

Even commendation vendors dont give you any unique loot for commendations its all stuff that you can get from raiding.

It seems like common sense to me, if you lack loot for launch dont give it away to people for basically free thats just silly. They need unique pieces that are seperate from sets (energized xenotech etc are still part of sets). When you only have 1 set of gear to choose from at the very end game its pretty bad , everyone will look the same. You need to have tier pieces as well as pieces not apart of sets that are potentially better (or worse) from the set pieces so that people have options like whether or not its worth it equip a piece of gear that is better in stats but you also lose your set bonus if you do.

If the new raids dont have unique drops for 8 and 16 man, and are still ridiculously easy i will probably take a break from this game until they get it right. Which i beleive they eventually will they have to realise by now that this 1 dimensional end game loot system does not work.

OP: I agree on many of your points, but remind you most of those features mentioned weren't in at launch or even in the first 2 expansions. This isn't an excuse for other features though like secondary profs (fishing, cooking, first aid, etc), a functional economy/auction house (the current GTN interface is incredibly poor and useless), and the fact there isn't anything social or different to do outside PVP/PVE (FPs, Ops) at max level and while leveling.

I was mistaken in thinking that cantinas would have a lot to offer and that there would be a good amount of social things to do. I miss stuff like holidays (especially the crazy ones), decorations and goofy items, raiding/defending capital cities, having the environment feel alive and lived in and not stale and static, etc.

There is a lot of good groundwork here in TOR, but it is time to build on it and make a great building on top of it.

The economy is going to take time to build itself....its like saying the united states went from a gold standard to having billions of dollars a day flowing through it overnight. WOW was nowhere near as good as they made this game at launch (IMO only, I am not the end all be all by any means...just a semi-rational normal expectaion having flawed human being) and had vast areas of nothing to do other than grind and grind and grind.....Got to give it time and hopefully they build it up. Although, again in my opinion, go a differant direction than WOW did (Stick to your guns and not cater to the dumbing down of the game just to up your subscriber rate).

Really, sometimes its good to put things down for a couple months, then check back in to see whats going on; but it aint gonna happen overnight and no way was it going to be perfect fresh off the shelf.

It's very simple for me. Warcraft burned me up with this type of end game. I need something more. Now add in a few other issues like not enough to do and how easy it is to down bosses....boring.

A original idea is very difficult to come up with. The questing was new enough but the end game made me feel like I did when playing warcraft......been there, done that, want something new. They just put a fresh face on a old game style.

Hello

I got to level fifty about one month ago from now and I couldn't stop bragging about how amazing this game was. I was on these forums daily trying to fight away the people who hate this game and making suggestions for end game. Quite simply you can call me blinded and obsessed. I couldn't face denial that this game actually is bad.

Here I am now then telling you why I dislike the game and seeing if I can relate to those who back up this game that had promise but has lost it.

1) PvP:

PvP was promising. Huttball was new and enjoyable (imo) and the other two warzones were attractive and easy to get used to. However after playing these same three warzones over and over with no differentiation is a drag. Especially having to get to valor 60 for the best gear simply either farming rare empire kills in illum (I say rare because each one I attack has 5 people on back-up behind them) or farming those three warzones alot!!

"Why can you not play this game just because you enjoy playing?" I did enjoy playing but come on, be logical. Doing the same three things over and over simply doesn't maintain it's excitement.

2) PvE: Just flashpoint after flashpoint and the only reason to do it is for the gear piece at the end to be traded for columi. No decent gear any other way. Flashpoint drops were terrible. Took forever to find a full group even tho its only 4 man. No reputation gains to buy gear from reputation vendors etc. Just a boring one way street.

The reasons behind why WoW was enjoyable with PvP

• Dueling in durotar/elwynn added competitiveness against own faction. Cannot happen here because there is no dueling area within 10 seconds from the main part of the fleet without going through a loading screen.
  • Arena. Yes arena added excitement to PvP and added competition. I enjoy competition and therefore is why SWTOR has lost its edge for me. No matter how much you hate arena it is still better than anything SWTOR has to offer at this moment. It consists of rewards if you are good and is not dependant on others. It feels personal to you making a team. Just endless hours could be spent trying to increase rating and the feeling of winning was great.
  • Ratings for arena and battleground groups. Added competition and elitism. Made the community thrive in a bad or good way. Depends how you think about it.
  • Battleground were alot larger than SWTORs and added an MMO feel to it. Mounting included.

The reasons behind why WoW was enjoyable with PvE

• It didn't just involve token rewards from dungeons. The actual gear from dungeons was useful. Made people have a sense of excitement when killing a boss waiting for loot to drop. Wasn't free access to token gear at the end of each dungeon.
  • The token grind for gear that was worth XXXX amount of tokens wasn't long. It was only 2 weeks of lock time or so. Compared to SWTOR this is short.
  • One of my favorite features of WoW when it was in WoW was the daily heroic where you had to kill a specific boss in a specific dungeon.
  • Dungeon finder was easy to use and using it gave rewards.

The reasons why WoW was enjoyable

• Community was larger and auction house was thriving. Had an actual economy. Felt good.
  • Events that took place when events took palce in reality. E.G christmas events that gave you decent rewards from doing christmas stuff or valentines day etc etc.
  • You could re-do you characters hair style at the barbers.
  • Professions felt great once they were leveled to the max. Felt like you achieved something.
  • Fishing, Archaeology, First aid etc
  • You could attack the enemy cities. Also attack towns and cities alone as long as you avoided elites because guards were only normal mobs. In SWTOR guards are champions for most places.
  • Flying mounts
  • Quick travel with portals.
  • Daily quest zone had dailys close together and it interacted with opposite faction. So it could also be pvp. Zones were small and easy to complete. Not a drag. Illum daily area doesn't have much zones shared with imperial and is quite the drag in illum.
  • Guilds had reputation/amazing rewards for being exalted with guild. Heirlooms to level alts with. Mounts etc.
  • The ammount of gear varied massively and it wasn't allways the vendor gear that was the best. Unlike SWTOR where you can only rely on vendor gear.

The reasons why Rift was enjoyable for me (I played no part in pvp so I have no idea what it is like)

• Frequent world events / updates. Rifts opened and invasions happened where community would group up.
  • Zones were shared with opposite faction at higher level instead of split into two halves.
  • PvE gear was aquired only from bosses. Vendor gear was not necessary the best gear again. Also crafted gear was good and there was crafting daily/weekly.
  • Crafting was updated frequently
  • Training dummys
  • Multiple currencys from rifts. Allowed purchase of gear that could be used at end-game level.
  • Reputation mounts.
  • 10-man instances were completely different to 25-man. 10 man rifts were available and 5 man.
  • two tiers of dungeon at launch.
  • and more!

Good Post

I must agree. It's a good post and BW probably doesn't mind this either because they get feedback on what we, the consumer, want our game to be like. The whole point of a software company, gaming or application, is to make money and keep the consumer to continue to use it and buy their poducts. We as the consumer must understand though that changes don't happen overnight. I personally hated WoW when it 1st came out (if any of us can even recall all the quirks it had when 1st released). Over 200 million copies already sold if I am not mistaken, that's not bad and in all honesty. I must say if people truly don't like the game set-up or don't want to help make it a better, more enjoyable gaming experience; then they should stop playing and do something they do enjoy. I for one like SWTOR over any other MMO at the moment because it has a more adult feel to it.

This game would at least be tolerable with a dueling area

there is pretty much nothing to do after you become a battlemaster other than leveling an alt(which still feels like a waste of time)

Currently this game has basically no area where level 50s can chill and relax in one area that is specifically meant for that.

This game has a lot of potential, but as of now. it needs something new

The reasons why WoW is better designed for me:

less & faster loading time

know where to put repair npc (Ziost shadow NPC hiding behind the bridge??)

I can expect new model & bonus set for every tier (PVE)

the world doesn't feel stretched. In swtor I keep feeling do they have to be this big?

25 (16)man raid loot actually give better status than 10 (8) man

You are gonna get flamed into oblivion OP by people that are like you once was.

People that would never admint there is any problem whatsoever.

False, it's not that we dont admit theres problems we just roll another character to experience the varying storylines rather than running circles on the 1 character. If I had stuck to my first 50 i'd be as bored as heck instead I have and am covering an array of great stories waiting for the game to expand.

TLDR: This 2 month old game is as boring as YOU make it

False, it's not that we dont admit theres problems we just roll another character to experience the varying storylines rather than running circles on the 1 character. If I had stuck to my first 50 i'd be as bored as heck instead I have and am covering an array of great stories waiting for the game to expand.

TLDR: This 2 month old game is as boring as YOU make it

This is pretty much it... Bioware have given people reason to make more than one character.

Yea some people may have come from WoW and only got 1 char to 85 (And its brimming with Epics) I personally only got 2 chars to 85 and they were both owning Heroics in Cata by the time I got bored.

I've got one of every character and although I usually stick to my BH or SW I do dabble in the other characters. In WoW once I started dabbling in alts the time for a 6 month break was here...

I'm still enjoying SWTOR and it takes up 95% of my gaming time.

I think the only answer to boredom is a radical change. A Sandbox Game could be the solution (like SWG f.e. but with the actual tec...). Im curious about Archeage.

SWG is dead...

Dead & Buried.

Edited by CptBrit