Developer Blog: Busting Bugs and Fixing Exploits

CourtneyWoods

Half of the kids who post this crud about fixing the game now honestly have NO CLUE what goes into making a game like this, let alone patching it lol I think most of the people here posting negativity towards the devs need to rethink what they are complaining about and just hold tight, these things dont get fixed overnight, believe me. I think that the devs and all staff are doing an awesome job, and they should keep up the good work.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap! Stop whinging, children!

Thank you for the insightful post. We look forward seeing what you peeps are going to bring us.

so true, i was at the wow launch and anarchy launch, all games have a some flaws, again i have not ran into anything that will make me hate the game. The Devs listen what we say and fix them.

Great job Bioware, i love this game, i had played wow everyday since it launch and i havent not logged in since this one launched. Thanks Bioware, cant wait for the future

HOW ABOUT FIXING THE WARZONE BUG WHERE YOU DON'T GET THE WINS AFTER IT ENDS????? OR MAYBE THE BUG-EXPLOIT OR WHATEVER IN VOIDSTAR WHERE THE BOMB IS PLANTED WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO HIT THE PERSON WITH SINGLE ATTACKS BUT JUST AOE IF THEY ARE HALF IN THE DOOR WHEN THEY STICK ON IT???:mad::mad::mad:

HOW ABOUT FIXING THE WARZONE BUG WHERE YOU DON'T GET THE WINS AFTER IT ENDS????? OR MAYBE THE BUG-EXPLOIT OR WHATEVER IN VOIDSTAR WHERE THE BOMB IS PLANTED WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO HIT THE PERSON WITH SINGLE ATTACKS BUT JUST AOE IF THEY ARE HALF IN THE DOOR WHEN THEY STICK ON IT???:mad::mad::mad:

Jesus.. Rage much!? Oh.. maybe you don't understand because I don't use capslock, let me try again..

CALM THE HELL DOWN MAN!!!!

gladly..if the next fix will not make me loose 2 hours trying to get 1 win after not counting at least 4 of the ones I had already made..but then again I can't expect much since the answer from the customer support to issues comes after 5 days of complete silence or sometimes it does not come at all

due to work i havnt been able to play in the last 3 days, but every time iv gone to, its been patching... i thought maintence day was tuesday ( australian time) its now thursday and again its patching till tomorrow morning according to the little note on the login in screen.

now im still in my free month so im not to pissed but if i was paying and not being able to play on days that isnt schedualed maintence, then i can see why ppl get angry. unless its a MAJOR issue i dont see why all these patches are happening all the time.

i know its not entirley the dev's fault, but there has to be a way to test these "patches" b4 actually implementing them... instead of just adding them then realising they fked something up and having to patch again to fix the other patch...

for all the other ppl raging, just chill, play a diffrent game, spend some time with your gf or family or watch tv its not the end of the world, it just makes the day a little *******r that you couldnt do what you wanted to for another day... after all it really is just a game...

so true, i was at the wow launch and anarchy launch, all games have a some flaws, again i have not ran into anything that will make me hate the game. The Devs listen what we say and fix them.

Great job Bioware, i love this game, i had played wow everyday since it launch and i havent not logged in since this one launched. Thanks Bioware, cant wait for the future

+1 - I would be willing to bet my house that the guys whining/raging are the same ones who whined/raged when they didnt get early game access at the very first second it was available. ;)

Edited by Madgedull

I guess you are one of the people that either plays for free or does not care if your money goes down the drain...but what can one say about kiddies like you that have been leeching their mom and dad for money to play an online game since you have never ever gave any value to it...but then again I keep in forgetting..it's beter to present yourself as an

e-superhero guarding and protecting the rights of those por developers that promised o fix tha specific bug on their last update budt never actually did it...and if you think the post you mede had even an ounce of smart in it then my friend things are worse then I suspectd..now go back to your little trollhouse under the bridge or start posting something that is actually worth reading about..

gladly..if the next fix will not make me loose 2 hours trying to get 1 win after not counting at least 4 of the ones I had already made..but then again I can't expect much since the answer from the customer support to issues comes after 5 days of complete silence or sometimes it does not come at all

I feel ya on the support, I've sent a few tickets out on possible bugs/exploits and such and after 3 weeks, not a single reply. And as a result of the PVP issues.. yeah, you guessed it, I don't PVP that much. I could rant on about the issues with it and such, but there are thousands of other threads that are already doing that for me.

But yeah, basically I can't even PVP right now because there is no conceivable answer for my abnormally low FPS during PVP. It's not that bad, just completely undesirable and unnecessary. I've seen what could be classified as "heavily taxing" games run smoothly on mine and others PCs when this games PVP results in massive frame loss, resulting in me not even wanting to play it.

I've run through as many possibilities as you can imagine to fix this, and what fixes I've seen have been marginal. My conclusion to the whole issue, something is massively flawed in the engine or something. Actually, what I've noticed is it has something to do with all of the games effects from other players going off, along with the fire, fluid, fog/smoke effects, all rendering in one place.

That said.. here's an idea. Bioware, give us an option to turn off effects, fog/smoke and other things. Almost every other game I've played has options like these, except this one.. and as far as I'm concerned there is no excuse for that, this may be your first MMO, but it's certainly not your first game by any means. Additionally, you have 15 - 20 some years of past MMO's to look at for these kinds of ideas. Bottom-line, game was rushed, problems were ignored or certain features were not thoroughly examined well enough. Haters gonna hate, I don't care.. :cool:

now this is a post worth reading about...thank you man for pointing out some things that some trolls in here don't even know anything about and their belief of posting is like that previous little sh@t xdaz..xde or whatever he is called.i only metion him as the bearded guy avatar..as for the options to improve quality of game play are less then mininal and focus only in in-depth graphics at conversations..seriously?even when you place the graphics at the lowest possible level excess framing leads to game crashing as it happened yesterday to me 3 times during Ilum fight..I guess as new as your graphic card is (I changed mine 3 days ago to the newest model available) you got to get massive frames for no apparent reason...and as you said my friend...hates gonna hate..

your posts might have meaningful value, but my eyes bleed trying to read that drivel.

you might want to add comma's, maybe a newline here and there.

If that is how you post bugs, I can assure you you nobody is ever going to pop their eyes out just to read that.

The thing about that, is that I live in the U.S. and every time an update is issued it takes place around 2 a.m. - 12 a.m. for me because I live on the west coast. I'm sorry you that you guys over there in Europe and Australia and such get weighted down with all this down time, personally I don't feel the effects at all. :confused:

this falls under the old saying:

you cannot make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time...

yer us aussies and others arecopping it pretty hard, but thats cause we all cheated and got it inported :p but in the end we are still paying customers and they have a day that is their maintenance day...

but at the moment it feels like maintence weeks...

i can see were both sides are commin from....

1.1.1a Patch Notes — 2/2/2012: Made a configuration change to resolve hitching/freezing issues seen on some clients after patch 1.1.1.

cheers for that.. but really, that couldnt wait till the proper day of maintenace and why is going to take all day to fix that??

cheers for that.. but really, that couldnt wait till the proper day of maintenace and why is going to take all day to fix that??

I completely agree, if they're going to do downtime in the middle of the week they could at least address more then 1 fix, and if they don't currently have more then 1 fix I feel they should wait till day of maintenance. That's just, like, my opinion man..

We have a huge list of features and content we want to put into the game and we are constantly adding to it based on feedback we get from the community and from playing the game ourselves. Every single one of us on the development team plays the game, and we see the same issues you do and where we need to expand.

Can you plz list that HUGE list some day?? we want things to look forward to