Developer Blog: Busting Bugs and Fixing Exploits

CourtneyWoods

Interesting Blog.

Course, already we have people crapping all over it, or didn't care to read the information.

My mistake, it must be those self-indulgent weiners with to much bloody money!

Every MMO that has been released had bugs all thru it. Name one MMO that never had em.

Oh, wait you can't. Because now that you live in a fast-food McDonald' fashion society, where I want it NOW NOW NOW!!!

Then all of a sudden you don't get what you want, you turn into the HULK AND NERD RAGE!!!

HULK SMASH!!!!!!

Only one thing you missed that you seem to gloss over, people are paying NOW, as customers they have the right to expect responsive and communicative customer service.

While it is true many MMOs go live with software defects, I have never seen a company use a bug screening system that is so impersonal and lacking any credible tracking system in my experience with MMOs.

IMO this is the single largest contributor to the frustration within the community as a whole.

While some may appreciate insight into the processes and systems BioWare has established to support the software, the responsiveness and output is what most customers measure.

The truth is I really don't care how BioWare claims they are doing something, I only care about results. So far the results indicate the overview provided by BioWare is severely lacking at the operational level or not followed at all.

So using the old and tired excuse "everyone else did it, why be mad at me" is really counter intutitive coming from a customer.

BioWare has collected tens of millions of dollars from its customer base, now isn't the time to be dealing in abstract blog submissions, now is the time to fix the problems in an effective and efficient manner.

Edited by Mingh

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW ABOUT FIXING THE WARZONE BUG WHERE YOU DON'T GET THE WINS AFTER IT ENDS????? OR MAYBE THE BUG-EXPLOIT OR WHATEVER IN VOIDSTAR WHERE THE BOMB IS PLANTED WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO HIT THE PERSON WITH SINGLE ATTACKS BUT JUST AOE IF THEY ARE HALF IN THE DOOR WHEN THEY STICK ON IT???:mad::mad::mad:

That only happens to people who get angry and use all caps. The rest of us are just fine.

I have not been able to play the game once since installing it. Went through all sorts of installation errors, then patching errors. Finally I got the game installed and patched and all it does is CTD on the loading screen. Al I see are complaints but no solutions. Does any one have a solution to these problems. I have re-installed the game 59 times already, and I don,t know what else to do.

I have not been able to play the game once since installing it. Went through all sorts of installation errors, then patching errors. Finally I got the game installed and patched and all it does is CTD on the loading screen. Al I see are complaints but no solutions. Does any one have a solution to these problems. I have re-installed the game 59 times already, and I don,t know what else to do.

This sounds like a problem with your rig. Regardless, I'd move on if I were you. No game is worth the headache you seem to be going thru.

Would need some details. Operating system?

I have a hard time seeing why exploits are left untouched each patch and we are given automate responses to our tickets but ignored. I for one have posted many in game tickets and videos about these exploits and still they have not been fixed or even acknowledged.

These give unfair advantage to those who use and we keep telling people to NOT use them from our side. Is your lack of response saying it is okay for people to use them?? If this is the fact then maybe its time to forget this game!!

I have a hard time seeing why exploits are left untouched each patch and we are given automate responses to our tickets but ignored. I for one have posted many in game tickets and videos about these exploits and still they have not been fixed or even acknowledged.

These give unfair advantage to those who use and we keep telling people to NOT use them from our side. Is your lack of response saying it is okay for people to use them?? If this is the fact then maybe its time to forget this game!!

If you realized how complicated some of these problems surely are, and how many things could be affected by any solution you came up with, you would ask alongside me that the devs take the time they need to ensure the best practical outcome.

If you realized how complicated some of these problems surely are, and how many things could be affected by any solution you came up with, you would ask alongside me that the devs take the time they need to ensure the best practical outcome.

I agree that it's almost impossible to completely stop exploits extremely fast, but the punishment should be extremely severe for those who are caught and proven to be cheating. They need stronger/faster enforcement for this kind of thing.

• 2 months later...
I realise this thread is a little old but having read the post just today I can say thank you bioware. I have had a number of "conversations" with guildmates who were absolutely in denial about this issue and to have Bioware finally confirm the issue exists and that yes they are dealing with it and will continue to do so makes me very happy. I will of course assist them in any way I can and refuse to allow everyones fun ruined by these losers using exploits and cheats. I was very glad to hear about permanent bans being handed down..ITS ABOUT TIME! Good job making this public I think this is the thing very much need to show players this is not allowed under the EULA. Keep up the good work Bioware and making this game a better place for all honest and fair players.