Why do people feel the need to 'ding'

Guilder

I understand slightly if you finally hit your level cap or actually do something noteworthy but I just don't understand why people feel the need to 'ding, level 16' and repeat all the way to the level max.

What's the mentality, are people really that desperate for 'congrats, you're leveling just like every other player in the game!' ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand slightly if you finally hit your level cap or actually do something noteworthy but I just don't understand why people feel the need to 'ding, level 16' and repeat all the way to the level max.

What's the mentality, are people really that desperate for 'congrats, you're leveling just like every other player in the game!' ?

It's basic human nature. It's the entire reason the levels exist to begin with in gaming. The constant drive for one more whatever.

What I find bizarre is someone who is playing the same game actually looking down on others for it.

What, may I ask, keeps you playing? What loafty goal drives you that is so far beyond your fellow players that you feel the need to create this thread?

Valid "ding!"-worthy levels:

10, double digits woohoo

14, sprint!

25, speeder here I come

50, reaching the max level is always ding-worthy

Anyone think of any others?

16? Spaceship although it kind of depends on your class storyline progression.

And isn't there a second speeder speed at 40ish.

Terrible I've forgotten now.

Edited by Xerda

I play this game for my own reasons, none of your business really. Plus me asking why people feel the constant need of gratification over something trivial like leveling is the purpose f the thread, not reasons why I play.

Back when MMO's actually took time to level, each level was an accomplishment, unlike modern day 2 day max level games.

Or the infamous "re-ding..."

over and over and over again... :p

Even there, though, I never felt the need to announce to anyone outside of my friends/guildmates about it... and not always then...

/shrugs

Edited by Skylarke

Valid "ding!"-worthy levels:

10, double digits woohoo

14, sprint!

25, speeder here I come

50, reaching the max level is always ding-worthy

Anyone think of any others?

During ega, I nearly felt like dinging each *successful* archaeology node~~

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.