We Want Dual Spec & We Want it Now

Secka

every dual spec thread is different.

what do u mean dual spec?

do u want to be able to respec to DPS/tank/whatever for free, at any time?

do u want 80 points to max tank and dps?

plz define so i can argue with u

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again. It's the players fault for not doing the research. It's not the fault of the dual spec system. If I have multiple specializations, it is on ME to learn how to play them correctly. If I don't, I expect to be removed from the group.

Don't get rid of a perfectly good system because an idiot gets a hold of it. There will always be stupid people. Don't punish ME because they aren't capable of playing a second specialization properly.

Problem is there isn't any checks and balances and when you leave it to most to either be lazy or not be in an MMO the majority will be lazy. Given that fact it's NOT a perfectly good system, a perfectly good system is to make someone level the class they want from level one. Why some players feel entitled to have multiple class's covered just because they rolled and leveled one is beyond me.

WE don't want dual spec, YOU want dual spec.

I'm fine with what I have. People can't even master one single spec, and you want them to have two? Pfffffffffffff, please!

Oh, and stop talking in plural, you don't represent the community, I can't remember having an election for community presidency, and you winning it!

This^

Problem is there isn't any checks and balances and when you leave it to most to either be lazy or not be in an MMO the majority will be lazy. Given that fact it's NOT a perfectly good system, a perfectly good system is to make someone level the class they want from level one. Why some players feel entitled to have multiple class's covered just because they rolled and leveled one is beyond me.

You CAN'T use the "people are lazy" argument here and hope to make sense, because again, you are calling out the faults of people and assigning them to the system of Dual Specialization.

That's like saying (to use an extreme example) that no one should be able to drive cars because some idiot got into an accident and killed someone.

And I DID level my class from level one. I played my Shadow from 1 to 50. Just like you did your class. I think it is within my right to try another class within the Shadow AC without having to play the exact same class, with the exact same story again.

If you are speaking of dual Advanced Classes, I am against that. Because Sage and Shadow are VERY different game play experiences. But Infiltration and Kinetic Combat are NOT unique. They are nearly the same thing with 2 different abilities, and a slightly tweaked rotation.

He can add me to "We". Doesn't matter to me about PVE, but they clearly put in abilities that are worthless in PVE and very helpful in PVP (and vice versa). Personally, I don't want to go into a PVP battle gimped because I also want to run Ops. If you are going to have two distinct and very different aspects to the game, then we should be able to carry two distinct builds.

If dual spec was implemented, you know you are free to ignore and never use it, right? Saying that none of us should have access to some function because you don't like it is one of the lamest, self-centered arguments on the planet. "I don't like it so nobody should have it!" Nice logic, Einstein.

Speak for yourself OP. I have no desire for dual spec. I made my choice and I am happy with it I don't need to switch spec and in my opinion no one should. You make your choice so deal with it.
You! Go away! Please. No one should? What makes you our representative for that choice? Sometimes a group for what I want already has a tank, so I want to dps then so I can still run what I need. How does that affect you?

You CAN'T use the "people are lazy" argument here and hope to make sense, because again, you are calling out the faults of people and assigning them to the system of Dual Specialization.

That's like saying (to use an extreme example) that no one should be able to drive cars because some idiot got into an accident and killed someone.

And I DID level my class from level one. I played my Shadow from 1 to 50. Just like you did your class. I think it is within my right to try another class within the Shadow AC without having to play the exact same class, with the exact same story again.

If you are speaking of dual Advanced Classes, I am against that. Because Sage and Shadow are VERY different game play experiences. But Infiltration and Kinetic Combat are NOT unique. They are nearly the same thing with 2 different abilities, and a slightly tweaked rotation.

As is the typical problem with arguments like you made it doesn't work, at all.

If people could drive without cops or the need to get a license then your argument would work. If people are horrible drivers it CAN (not always) catch up to them. If you have no idea how to drive and you try it you won't do it very long.

Where as people can change specs (if there is dual spec) without any consequences if they are lazy and bad. There is zero chance anything negative is going to happen to them for playing a role they have no idea how to play.

The irony is your very own argument says there is very little difference between the two roles you want to dual spec to and from. That being the case it really isn't needed is it? Sense there is only "2 different abilities" it's hardly worth them adding dual spec for that now is it? ;)

I am really wanting dual spec on classes. I want to be able to do mission, PvP, and do flash points without having to go respec every time. Also it will make it easier to find people for groups for things. So help me push this subject. Let them know your thoughts.

I am not seeing a need for it.

Ive spent 200k respeccing today for raids and hardmodes (this is without repair costs on columni/rakata gear)

Duel spec is needed its that simple. its coming but it needs to come faster. I dont want to spend most of my gametime grinding credits so i can go raid for 2 hours. Its a gosh darn pain in the arse is what it is.

Before u argue with me im a jedi guardian and if u have any idea about nightmare/hardmode 16mans then you will be able to comment. If not dont come in here and tell me duel spec isnt needed and that spendin 4/5 hours a day to grind credits for repair/spec change is ok. its really not (to be able to raid).

Most people who are saying "duel spec isnt needed" play there nice normal/Hm fp and have no idea on the *****torm you get while trying to get 16's done.

I tank to help my guild/friends through hardmodes, i MS dps raids and i offtank some. respeccing is a fecking pain for me and if i dont then thats 1 less tank for hardmodes on my server, and there isnt that many around.

I wish people wouldnt complain about something that is coming and soon.

Edited by peaceandpassion

I'm against dual-spec.

Though perhaps more bizarre than the claim that "we" want it (implying everybody) when some do (a portion less than the whole) is the defense that "we" want it when others point out that it's a ludicrous assertion.

I don't want dual spec.

If you want to try a different spec, just level another toon. Play him of a different "side" (light/dark etc) and there you go. Each advanced class is basically like a totally different class in any MMO. The first 10 levels don't mean squat.

If you want a game where one toon can be every role and spec, play Rift. That design philosophy sure worked wildly well for them. One month and most people were done with the game because they had seen it all and could play virtually every type of role.

I'm fine with what I have. People can't even master one single spec, and you want them to have two? Pfffffffffffff, please!

Oh, and stop talking in plural, you don't represent the community, I can't remember having an election for community presidency, and you winning it!

Maybe you should look around....there are plenty of us who agree with the OP and think WE was the perfect pronoun for representing our request.

I am laughing at all the "no dual spec, go level another char" or even "no respeces".

All of you, all the haters of the new features, even the ones that were in World of Warcraft, all of you, who complain when people come here with ideas about enhancing the game.

LOTRO had people like you, those who were all about "no, no changes, dont make this game's features like in warcraft", go talk to them if you want, ask them what happened to LOTRO. Go and ask all the 200 players and their lifeless Free to play product, with nothing new coming out, because its Free to Play.

If you dont want to, dont use the new features, but some of us actually like addons, like to respec for min maxing of their roles, some of us like damage meters, some of us want to simply learn about the ability coefficiencies.

People in LOTRO thought that those who want improvements were in minority, well, those vocal 200 on the forums are the now alone on their servers.

I don't want dual spec.

If you want to try a different spec, just level another toon. Play him of a different "side" (light/dark etc) and there you go. Each advanced class is basically like a totally different class in any MMO. The first 10 levels don't mean squat.

If you want a game where one toon can be every role and spec, play Rift. That design philosophy sure worked wildly well for them. One month and most people were done with the game because they had seen it all and could play virtually every type of role.

You clearly enjoy making up storys, i played rift and still do. i can tell u duel spec saved that came and is the reason its still going strong even when pops go low.

Dont comment on something unless your at endgame and understand whats going on in regards to tanks and healers.

If we want a dual spec than we want dual-siding as well!

We want to switch sides when needed so we could use dark side relics when they are cheap on GTN or light side relics when these get cheaper.

We want dual-siding to use little sandcrawler for Tatooine questing and than quickly switch to use Inetrrigation droids for Corelia questing.

We want dual-siding so we can wear black pants when it's raining outside and white pants when it's sunny!

We want dual-siding!

I am laughing at all the "no dual spec, go level another char" or even "no respeces".

All of you, all the haters of the new features, even the ones that were in World of Warcraft, all of you, who complain when people come here with ideas about enhancing the game.

You can't compare this game and WoW because by the time dual spec came in WoW most players had multiple characters max level anyway. The game was years old when dual spec hit so it had less of an impact.

Compare it to Rift because that had dual spec right out of the gate if you want to draw comparisons. Rift is where I learned just how bad it can really be. I actually had no problem with it in WoW, again because the player base was built up and so many that dual speced had an idea how to play the roles they were playing anyway.

I guess I'm just getting old or something, but i never understood the obsession with "dual-speccing".

What is the point of a game where your choices don't matter? Why not just have everyone be the same and choose to be a Healer/Tank/DPS/Control whenever they please? Why do players expect to be perfectly specced/geared for any and all situations?

While I agree with you, I think that dual spec has valid implications that are important. Your argument is why I'm strongly opposed to something like "Tri spec," though.

Modern MMOs, while both leveling and at endgame, have two completely different forms of play--PVP and PVE. The distinction between the two is generally smaller while leveling, but becomes huge at endgame. You just cannot be competitive in PVP content with the vast majority of PVE specs. And vice versa. Why? Because the needs are completely different. PVP specs favor CC, survivability, and burst. PVE specs favor survivability where neeeded, and otherwise favor group utility and overall sustained dps.

Thing is--we shouldn't be forced to choose between two types of content. We pay to access the game, and invest 4-8 days worth of playtime to get our characters to cap. We shouldn't have to be forced to limit ourselves to only one aspect of the game.

True, many people aren't going to use DS to make PvE and PvP specs--they might choose to make a tank spec and a DpS spec. But giving people the option to seriously pursue both types of content is more than enough of a valid reason to provide dual spec.

LOTRO had people like you, those who were all about "no, no changes, dont make this game's features like in warcraft", go talk to them if you want, ask them what happened to LOTRO. Go and ask all the 200 players and their lifeless Free to play product, with nothing new coming out, because its Free to Play.

If you dont want to, dont use the new features, but some of us actually like addons, like to respec for min maxing of their roles, some of us like damage meters, some of us want to simply learn about the ability coefficiencies.

People in LOTRO thought that those who want improvements were in minority, well, those vocal 200 on the forums are the now alone on their servers.

You have no clue what you're talking about re: LOTRO. There are far more than 200 people playing that game, and they just released a new expansion at the end of the year. Stop talking out of your ***.

OT: I don't think dual spec is needed. I play a healer, so therefore would arguably have something to gain from the introduction of dual specs, but I think the current system of respecs is sufficient.