SW:TOR - First Expansion opinions

Bronze_Elemental

What should the name of the first expansion to SWTOR be called and what should it be focused on? What would you like to see changed currently in game but feel only an entire expansion would do it justice?

For me another Jump to Lightspeed would be awesome. It could be called "Hyperspace" or "Warp 10" or something cool like that.

The first expansion should be called "Bugs Strike Back."

- In this expansion bugs will strike back with a vengance.

- Everything from characters getting deleted to accounts getting locked.

- Mobs 10 levels lower than you that one shot you, perma-stunning from the opposite faction, dissapearing ops bosses and keybinds that don't initiate when the button is pushed.

This would be just a few of the features that could be added in this expansion.

The third expansion could be "The Return of the Customer Service."

I have yet to decide on the details of this expansion yet. More info as ideas develop.

I really wish folk would stop hijacking positive threads with negative bile! If you want to complain, start your own thread and moan all you want! Otherwise, try stick to the OP's topic, no matter how funny you think you are/can be.

I personally would love to see a Republic fight back, because they seem to be getting trounced at the moment. It could include some benefits for rolling Rep to balance out PvP to boot :D (I play Empire mostly so just tired of seeing Rep getting stomped on at every turn).

Saving this game would at the very least take a very, very ambitious expansion, but probably would require a re-release and a re-design. Continuing on with the game's current course, I don't even understand how you make it anything more than more of what it already is. That's going to be good enough for a few people, but it won't be enough. This game is going to have all the relevance that SWG had.

My character destroyed the empire, saved the Jedi order, and rescued the galaxy and the Republic innumerable times. What's really next? I save the Republic again? I save the Jedi order again? I save the galaxy as we know it... again? The gods of Asgard release Raganarok on the galaxy, and we have to fight Fenrir and the Midgard Serpent in an epic crossover raid?

My guess is that the first expansion will involve a wormhole opening up into an alien dimension and the second expansion will involve the Republic and the remnants of the Empire (or vice versa if you are an Imperial player) forming a loose alliance to defeat the invasion of some powerful alien empire.

I really wish folk would stop hijacking positive threads with negative bile! If you want to complain, start your own thread and moan all you want! Otherwise, try stick to the OP's topic, no matter how funny you think you are/can be.

I personally would love to see a Republic fight back, because they seem to be getting trounced at the moment. It could include some benefits for rolling Rep to balance out PvP to boot :D (I play Empire mostly so just tired of seeing Rep getting stomped on at every turn).

What are you talking about? How are our replies not related to the OP's topic? I call a forumist.

Just counted 12 patches since prelaunch so fixes are coming - expansion speculation is for the distant future ie a year or so away. This was the OP's intent (I'm assuming of course). There are plenty of threads to complain about the bugs/issues. I'm not a denialist, just pointing out that negative replies to unrelated topics is not helpful. It won't improve the situation. I try and avoid the doom and gloom threads so I don't like seeing positive threads hijacked by whingers.

In my opinion the only way the story can develop in expansions is through fighting over resources so it will be more controlling planets since the all-out war the game constantly alludes to can never be realized since it will not fit into canon for an Empire story (where you as the Empire player "win" the war) since we all know how the story plays out and the Republic is saved.

I hope it doesn't focus on space combat since that is more of a mini-game anyways and is in no way MMO style play.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really sure why people think the game needs saving, and why people are being so negative. Bioware are doing there best to fix bugs in the patches. People lets face reality this is a massive MMO its not even 6 months old there are going to be bugs. I ve been members of quite a few MMO's over the years and I seem to recall WOW suffered too in the beginning. If you really aren't satisfied with this game then maybe you should go else where and moan on another forum. Getting really fed of up of people being so negative and ruining the threads for those of us who actually like this game!!

On a more positive note I think another planet and possible expansions to character stories would be cool i.e. seeing the reprocussions of Sith Inquisitors story and perhaps an apprentice of family/member seeking revenge from Thanaton. Or perhaps an audience with the Emperor to give specific missions against the Jedi etc. I m concentrating on Sith at the moment. But will get round to playing the republic at some point.

You realize you can't add a friend if they are offline? 'they do not exist' This is an MMO. this went through beta, this is still broken.

How much of a dumpster fire do you think is going on in their offices that this is still broken?

Not on my server, We in the empire usually have the hard time(I blieve it might be because the republic actually comunicate with each other! In the empire everyone just wanna do what they wanna do so no real structure in pvp...).

On topic: I support the idea for better space combat! however I'd also say unlocking 10 additional levels(60) with more quests(say, "20" levels worth for each faction so total of 40 "levels" worth of quests) and also expan on some NPC romances both companion and non companion(especially non companion, they are just way too empty).

Additional planets would be fun, but I'd rather see that the first expansion expand upon the already created planets that exist now, to make it more interessting. How about going back to the starting planets and let us go trough a never seen part of it for the 50-60 track? That would be very fun imo.

Customizeable ships(inside and outside) and maybe even expending possiblity, and maybe even ability to upgrade\buy a new one :o!

new playable races. But WOOKIES MUST BE AMONG THE NEW PLAYABLE RACES. I'M sure it won't happen. It would take too much time and money to make, with the dialogue and all, so i don't mind if it doesn't happen. But that is wat i would like to see.

Out of curiousity, hwo much content did wow have at launch compared to the old republic. Did it haved more or less content at launch?

If it had less, then there is no way this game needs to be saved. It is doing fine. From what i remember, it took wow at least a few months for the subscription numbers to skyrocket.

Because wow has so much content, people expect star wars to have as much, or more content.Since it doesw not, people think the game sucks, but it dows not suck

Edited by DarthSuperSaiyan

New Playable Races

~ Wookies

~ Kel - Dor

Kel - Dor

~ Togruta

Togruta

~ Mon Calamari

Mon Calamari

Expanded Space

~ Space combat has evolved!

Now you can freely move around in designated areas and do quests in space.

~ Guild Capital Ships!

You can depart for flashpoints & operations directly from your guild ship. Where you will also find a guild cargo hold.

New Planets!

~ Mustafar has been discovered, Fight for control over it's resources against the opposing faction.

~ Dagobah, A new evil has awakened on this mysterious planet. It may be a bigger threat than the empire/republic, Travel there to stop it from emerging.

~ Felucia, Empire Exclusive! :sy_empire:

Imperial Biologists have discovered a species of vicious animals that can manipulate the force. The Dark Council has requested this to be further investigated and to see if they can prove to be a weapon against the republic?

~ Kashyyk, Republic Exclusive! :sy_republic:

The Wookies are in need of help, After a failed attempt of diplomacy the empire has started to steal the planets resources. The wookies are seeking the republic's help to defend against the imperials, Could this be a new ally to the republic?

List is not done yet..

Was thinking of adding tons of more stuff and making a thread about it and hopefully the devs will take at least one idea from all of it :)

First pack will be space combat. Thought it was obvious after all the interviews.

Oh, and: a real space combat, not this joke that's currently in game.

I hope he is correct, I'd really love to see more space combat, the current space combat is fun, but not leaves one desiring more...

There are several basic areas that really need to be fixed before they worry about a major expansion.

PVP both warfront and world as well as adding in space PVP combat.

Space combat more depth and teamwork usability as well as expanded missions and multistage missions where part is in space and part in a ground combat. Think "The New Hope" and you get the idea of a join space ground operation.

Crafting needs a complete overhaul. It should be viable and desirable to want to level each crafting class and each should have a end game niche to fill.

Current in game gear needs to be redone to make it more armor/mod/enhancement centric. Where getting a augment slot post 50 in a piece of gear is both desirable and useful.

Implement the legacy system already.

Guild depth and usefulness needs to be enhanced a lot.

These things are some of the major issues that should be taking up all the time the developers currently have.

Then we can talk about an expansion.