Can someone explain why healers get screwed

TheEvilEeyore

Why are healers not rewarded for their efforts in pvp. i will use the following screencap to show you what i mean

Prim: 500k healing, 50k Dmg, 31 kills, 600 objective points = 6 medals

GrandTrooper:170k dmg, 37 kills, 0 healing, 300 objective points = 9 medals

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn45/kissminc/500k.jpg

Its obvious that i Did MUCH MUCH more work in this WZ and yet i get screwed.

What gives bioware?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Another example where the gap is even bigger between myself and the same guy. yet again more medals

Prim: 480k healing, 35k dmg, 6 kills, 600 objective pionts = 4 mdeals

Trooper: 110k dmg, 0 healing, 11 kills, 500 objective points = 6 medals

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn45/kissminc/500kx2.jpg

I think its pretty obvious that there is way to much emphasis put on kill count.

not say this isnt fair, but he might be PvE tank spec. As a tank myself, i can work hard all game and not break 200k dmg (full champ gear). As for protection, he has to be close to whoever he is protecting. Hell, mightve been you, and thats why u got so much healing

Because healing is the only buff that is not canceled by expertise.

For instance, expertise increases damage dealt, damage taken, healing done.

Therefore players with equal expertise hit and receive hits from each other at the same amount they would receive in the same stats and no expertise.

Healing still gets an additional buff.

They'd have to remove your buff to give you more medals. It's only fair.

should we add the numbers then?

500k+50k=550k

170k+64k=234k

am i the only one that notices the glaring miscalculations?

I see some glaring logic fail. Healers should get more medals, no doubt about it, but its also obvious that this guy didnt' get all his medals from kill count, which is what you're trying to claim. Also, the guy on the first page that mentioned expertise and healing has it spot on.

Edited by Vember

Therefore players with equal expertise hit and receive hits from each other at the same amount they would receive in the same stats and no expertise.

your argument is completely off point. my arguement is that i did 2x's the output that another player did and because he has the ability to "protect" someone he gets more medals. and by your same arguement protection is not modified by expertise so should not be counted in the medal tabulation.

Another example where the gap is even bigger between myself and the same guy. yet again more medals

Prim: 480k healing, 35k dmg, 6 kills, 600 objective pionts = 4 mdeals

Trooper: 110k dmg, 0 healing, 11 kills, 500 objective points = 6 medals

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn45/kissminc/500kx2.jpg

I think its pretty obvious that there is way to much emphasis put on kill count.

-1 for not using *too correctly.

I see some glaring logic fail. Healers should get more medals, no doubt about it, but its also obvious that this guy didnt' get all his medals from kill count, which is what you're trying to claim.

i will agree i mis-spoke and failed to recognize the protection on first glance, but even still. i get 2/3s the medal for roughly 2x's the work.

i will agree i mis-spoke and failed to recognize the protection on first glance, but even still. i get 2/3s the medal for roughly 2x's the work.

How do you know? Your heals are landing for full amounts, and if he's switching his guard to targets taking damage, he's only getting points for a percentage of that damage, all the while working just as hard as you. I play a Jugg in pvp, its not like you just slap protection on somebody and rack up medals.

If my heals are indeed being miscalculated then that is not my fault but the fault of the log system. i have no doubt that you play very hard when you play your jugg. However, that being said i still think its silly that healing should be worth more medals. i am also beating him on objective points as well. so either protection or kills are awarded to much medal imo. Edited by TheEvilEeyore

It's canceled by the 30% PvP nerf to all healing done. Did you miss that memo? Expertise doesn't buff us. It makes up for about half of the debuff we receive in the first place.

Edited by Trenyc

If my heals are indeed being miscalculated then that is not my fault but the fault of the log system. i have no doubt that you play very hard when you play your jugg. However, that being said i still think its silly that healing should be worth more medals. i am also beating him on objective points as well. so either protection or kills are awarded to much medal imo.

Simply enough, medals are awarded from achieving specific milestones in one of 5 fields.

To put it, he achieved more of those milestones than you did.

Stop whining.

Honestly, now that I have all my champion gear and don't really care about winning WZs, I'm very tempted to switch to DPS simply because as a healer, I can't get any medals by focusing on healing (can't hit 5k heal as a Sawbones except very rarely with consumables, meaning I usually only get 3 medals if I spend all game healing and doing nothing else at all), and I certainly don't play to win. I don't try to cap objectives, I don't try to defend objectives, I don't try to plant bombs, I don't try to score points in Huttball. All I try to do is kill people because that is by far the best way for me to farm valor. As DPS, I get between 8 and 12 medals per match. As heals, I'm lucky if I get 7 (on Civil War, with the Defender medals). Edited by Trenyc

Most stat paths have 3-4 medals associated with them. Damage gets a medal at 75k, and 300k. And another one if you get 2.5k damage with a single hit. That's only 3 medals for damage.

If you take part in a kill, any part at all, at 10 kills you get a medal, and 25 you get a medal.

If you land a killing blow on somebody, or win in a 1v1 fight you get a medal. That's 2 for fighting.

I know protection has 3 or 4 medals associated with it, but I'm not sure what they are. The best ways to max out your medals are to vary what you're doing to contribute in a WZ. You might not be pushing 300k damage, but it's not hard to get 75k, and anybody can land a killing blow. Really the only medal that is unavailable to you is probably going to be the 300k one, and if you're intent on focusing healing, the 25 kills medal, as well as the protections ones.

Now, I would say the healing medals are broken too. Because you have most medals available to you, while as a gunslinger I don't have a single healing spell. The healing medals are literally cut off from me, as are the protection ones. So I have no way of getting them, I pretty much max out my medals at 5-6. While you have many more available to you if you branch off and do a bare minimum of damage.

And, I have a Sorc alt who is spec'ed purely for healing, I don't want to hear that you can't get 75k damage, or land a killing blow, or beat somebody in a 1v1 fight, or contribute to 10 kills while healing, because I can tell you it's very easily done.