"Republic needs hotties!"

TheRealDestian

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot to mention the statistical advantages the Empire got, like the advantages Empire gets when it comes to crafting. Example: the Sith Warrior's advantages over it's mirror class the Jedi Knight (I play both).

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=132015

And the fact that the Republic side looks like it was made of recycled parts. Can some one please clean Carrick Station on the Republic side? It looks like a left over prison. I leveled to 50 with my Knight first, and when I got my Fury on my Sith Warrior I laughed out loud at how ripped off the Knight was. The Defender looks like some kind of waste disposal ship, with its rusted parts and holes.

Edited by Bluejayoo

Personally I think the trooper story is the best. :)

I've found the trooper story to be the most predictable of all of them, sadly.

The smuggler story at least throws some curveballs in here or there and easily has the best writing I've seen for the Rep side.

Edited by TheRealDestian

You're giving me... more anecdotal evidence? C'mon man. :rolleyes:

"Well this guy said something to that effect, so that must mean it's a universal constant!"

What you are describing is called "Hearsay." It isn't admissible in Federal or most State Courts. Mostly. There are about 1 billion exceptions to that rule, and Hearsay is also admissible in almost ALL administrative hearings (which, btw, is where the 'real' law gets made). If it's admissible in Admin. Law hearings, we can probably consider it with at least a modicum of weight here.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I see I made the mistake of presuming too much on your intelligence. The point is that talking about relative class story worth is dodgy at best. The IA story, for example, is my individual favorite but overall I prefer the Republic stories considerably more. Thing is, I'm not going to sit back and say "Well, people are preferring the Agent to such and such Republic class because I found their story to be better."

It's devoid of all logical worth. Vacuous and empty, lacking in weight, and utterly pointless to include in your little list of discussion points. Really, nearly all of your points are of variable weight. That is, of course, ignoring the blatant misogyny of your initial post as well.

The bottom line is that talks about aesthetics and the like can only go so far and carrotting players with newer incentives (ie. new species, armor sets, et all) is only going to go so far unless certain, less readily observable changes are made. The larger issue at the moment lies more in the mechanical discrepancies that favor the Empire rather than something as mindblowingly relative as the criteria you are harping on.

Edited by AlyxDinas

To be fair, I played a Sith Warrior on beta because I didn't want to ruin my experience of the Jedi Knight gameplay/ story for when the game went live. I looked forward to playing a Jedi for 3 years and it's not all I expected it to be. I have found the SW, IA and also the BH questlines and story so much more engaging and playable. On my JK I get to the end of a planet thinking "thank god I can leave" which is a little gutting. All I could add is maybe throw in some more unique companions and yeah, make the moddable gear a little more interesting than plain brown robes, I mean, I know they're Jedi but this is set hundreds of years before the formalities! It's still very early days though, of course there will be kinks to iron out and tbh I still think the game is the best thing since sliced bread!

From that page:

-RP-PVE servers (entire World): Empire 25,986 | Republic 30,393 | Hey look, more good guys than bad guys. A lot of RP players want to be a Jedi or Smuggler. What a surprise! Not :)

-PVE servers (entire World): Empire 107,974 | Republic 86,269 | Empire +25% population

-PVP servers (entire World): Empire 137,732 | Republic 66,586 | Empire has 2.1 times the population

Those numbers don't add up to 1.7 million I call shenanigans!