Another 8hr are you serious? They have MASSIVE memory leaks in the server code.

Lorealin

The maintance is during the middle of the night -> early morning for most players. Don't really see how this is a gigantic problem. Its a brand new MMO. Calm down.

No, it's middle or the night -> early morning if your in the US :rolleyes:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone has the same job as you or lifestyle or even family for that matter.

Sure, I am fully aware of that. And it was far from my intention to offense someone.

I just tried to say that it is a video game. I am sorry if the downtime compromises your choice of daily entertainment but there are many other things you could do.

Biowares excuses für 8h downtime? What is wow's? Simply they don't need one.

Why should they justify it? In my experience it takes longer maintenance the more advanced the whole setup is. And Bioware is not what I would call experienced with MMO server structure, are they? Be gentle, be sympathetic.

You will never find happiness then. Someone will always have a problem with something, some problems are different than others. But your post and attitude is complete and utter garbage.

im so incredibly sick of these people...every time i look at the forums it is just people crying why the hell are people playing a game that they hate so many thing's about? it truly is simple if you don't like it don't play *** is wrong with these idiots.

im so incredibly sick of these people...every time i look at the forums it is just people crying why the hell are people playing a game that they hate so many thing's about? it truly is simple if you don't like it don't play *** is wrong with these idiots.

If you dont like what you find on the forums why do you read them?

Lmao@every other day. People rly can convince themselves of anything can they?

OP I got ur solution right here: GO TO SLEEP. I play PST late night as well, usually 11pm/12am - 2/3am. The maintenance is averaging once a week, every Tuesday morning, scheduled and announced. Go out and grab a beer or something, be social for a night, playing one less night a week will suprisingly not kill you :)

i play from the middle east and servers gonna be up again for me around 7 pm today ( my time ) , i never complained nor will ever complain .

i played other games such as Wow , FF X Series and never complained too .

Wow had a Horrible downtime in the first 2 Years of the game with over time of 2 months combined of downtime + Severe lag that was caused By Telia Communication and i didn't complain .

give the game some time to adjust and address the urgent fixes they need to Implement .

and i really have to say im disgust from the players who insult Bioware team , they are doing there best in this game and all u do is insult em cuze u losing guild members ?

if guilides wont stay with u in the guild u better without em , as they will whine and whine whenever something happens in Ops or anything else . true guilides will endure with you and wont say * Omg fail game i leave * .

get real friends Lorena ... not friends that u need to hold their hands to do anything .

I take it "It's an MMO!!!" is the new "It's beta!!!" defense?

And your point is?

It IS an MMO. MMOs have downtime and weekly maintenance. EVERY-SINGLE-ONE, some have daily downtime

It IS a new game. New games, MMO or not, generally need extensive patching post launch. in an MMO's case EVERY-SINGLE-ONE.

You know, your argument doesn't really have a whole lot of validity to it. Find me a brand new MMO that needs ZERO patches and has no downtime and/or maintenance. In fact find me ANY MMO that need zero patching and has no downtime and I'll publicly declare you the winner of both the internet and these forums.

You chose to play in this genre of gaming, it would behoove you to understand exactly what that means, now go find me a shrubbery.

Edited by HavenAE

Bioware is officially run by the derp association.

I'm on republic (the gimped side) and have won 6 warzones in a row, still no wins counted towards my weekly or daily, and now instead of grudging through my 6 wins with nothing to show for it, I figured maybe I could get it done before the reset. Oh wait! Screw you paying customer, the servers are coming down again!

I'm on republic (the gimped side) and have won 6 warzones in a row, still no wins counted towards my weekly or daily, and now instead of grudging through my 6 wins with nothing to show for it, I figured maybe I could get it done before the reset. Oh wait! Screw you paying customer, the servers are coming down again!

WZ kills don't add to daily/weekly. Weekly would be like 6 warzones for some players.

No genius they are down every other day at least 4hrs. That is a fact.

My only time to play is midnight pactime and the servers are down 1/3 days guaranteed.

So i'm getting ripped off!

Bioware this game should never have been released this early. Its trash.

Don't lie. I am in CST zone and I play between 7am - 2am (that's right, I consistently get on during those 19 hours - Being retired has its advantages), and very seldom are the servers down outside the scheduled maintenance period. And most of the maintenance periods are over before the 8 hours they plan. Usually within 4 to 5. Maybe your ISP is down. Do you have Roadrunner? They are notorious for screwing up your connection and blaming it on everyone else.

I think people are just getting tired of all the complaining and were disappointed to find that some people obviously are still subscribed just to complain.

SADLY, you can still post when unsubscribed. So people who have made up their minds against the game and have no life can continue to troll.

yeah, and hows that game doing btw?

man the whining about everything is really overboard on these forums

It's actually still doing well, at least in terms of its priority subscribers (Japan). SquareEnixs' team, as much as I hate how their lead dev took the direction of the game, they actually handle the maintenance well. For the years I played that game before, they were an A+ when it came to server maintenance and upkeep, compared to Blizzard, BW, etc. They only do maintenance once in a great while, rarely extended maint, uncommonly had problems with server stability that required emergency maint, and almost never shut down servers multiple times a week. This was all during its popular period of global subscriptions.

BW's methods of applying patches (many of which really weren't emergency related), including the lengthy duration it takes, on separate days is quite a bother. I'm willing to bet that the methods of upkeep between this and other games, really isn't so significantly different. I'm leaning more towards this being BW's first MMO of sorts, so they aren't quite accustomed to it. Either that, or their team that handles this is VERY small.

Weekly maintenance, happens every week, on the same day. Nothing new about that. And, as a reminder, they put up a warning days in advance, just for the people who are new to MMOs. Working as intended.

Thats not true at all. It's been happening on different days. I would know, being an ausse its been stuffing up our raid schedule.

What really ticks me off is that its always during prime time. That is when most people are awake between 9pm-12am gmt+1, while the americans always get the downtime in the middle of the night. Bioware can suck my.

Please get some competent server personnel.

Edit great, now they took the servers down ahead of schedule. I was going on ah :/

Edited by Rabbitfoot

Whats funny about this thread is the OP complains about an 8 hour downtime then complains about memory leaks in the same title.

How does OP think a memory leak will ever get fixed?

I think the OP heard the term "memory leak" said and decided to use it to make it look like he knew what he was talking about. The title was basically "Thread to discuss memory leaks in this game" and the content was "I'm going to cry that an MMO has server resets." Yes, I know RIFT didn't have long weekly down times. If you liked the quality that that maintenance schedule produced, you can still go join the four people* who agree with you and are still playing that game.

*Exaggeration: look it up.

I wish all you whiners would just *********** leave then and stop polluting forums with your crap. The game is young! It's not even 2 months since it went live. You heard it before and you actually know it but it looks like you are rather blind or stupid.

Why do they constantly need to be shutting these servers down?

My guild is loosing players like flies. They are all going back to their old MMOs

You had better get a handle on this fast.

This is completely unacceptable.

weekly maintience happens in every mmo... including TOR, WoW, Aion, EQ2, DDO ect ect ect.... ALL have it o,o is nothing new...