Force Ghost Solo'd

Nelle

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtb more of these comments.

no doubt.

a little sad you have to repeatedly bump the thread with 3 or even 4 consecutive posts because nobody else seems to really give a **** lol

(this one's for free right before I cancel the thread sub)

Edited by mufutiz

Can anyone suggest another fight to do alone with my companion that would be a tough challange?

A good start is to redo this fight 1v1. Solo means one person vs 1 mob. That is solo. No companion, no NPC just you and the mob. While what was done was a good strategy using a companion and the surrounding environment to an advantage I have to agree with the others that suggest that the shown video was not a solo attempt.

Can I solo it? Don't know have not tried yet.

- Then again, neither did the OP if you take NPC & companion help.

A good start is to redo this fight 1v1. Solo means one person vs 1 mob. That is solo. No companion, no NPC just you and the mob. While what was done was a good strategy using a companion and the surrounding environment to an advantage I have to agree with the others that suggest that the shown video was not a solo attempt.

Can I solo it? Don't know have not tried yet.

- Then again, neither did the OP if you take NPC & companion help.

What a stupid comment, ofc it is soloed if he does it with his companion. They are part of the class and chars are balanced around them in solo PvE.

Its like saying a hunter in wow has not soloed some raid mob cause he used its pet:rolleyes:

What a stupid comment, ofc it is soloed if he does it with his companion. They are part of the class and chars are balanced around them in solo PvE.

Its like saying a hunter in wow has not soloed some raid mob cause he used its pet:rolleyes:

thanks for the backup, this thread has been a gigantic magnet for haters. i appreciate the support from those of you who have ;o)

You need a better line to drop than "well if you don't like it, why don't you try and solo it?"

Classes are not balanced atm. That's a fact. Everyone knows it.

If I tried to solo this champion with my Sith Assassin, even if I had the best gear in the game, and was the most leet Assassin player ever, I wouldn't be able to solo this, because the class just isn't capable of it.

So, I mean, grats on killing the really hard mob. You deserve your grats, I won't rob you of that.

But I'm not gonna be ~impressed~ until you are able to do this on a class that isn't already regarded as over-powered. :rolleyes:

Edited by Breckin_Fett

You need a better line to drop than "well if you don't like it, why don't you try and solo it?"

So, I mean, grats on killing the really hard mob. You deserve your grats, I won't rob you of that.

But I'm not gonna be ~impressed~ until you are able to do this on a class that isn't already regarded as over-powered. :rolleyes:

there is a double negative in there somewhere

there is a double negative in there somewhere

You know what I mean.

I soloed 40man Onyxia on a level 80 Death Knight in WoW, but that wasn't exactly an amazing feat either. Now, had I done it on a Rogue or something? That would have been worthy of posting a video of. Same thing applies here. ;)

You know what I mean.

I soloed 40man Onyxia on a level 80 Death Knight in WoW, but that wasn't exactly an amazing feat either. Now, had I done it on a Rogue or something? That would have been worthy of posting a video of. Same thing applies here. ;)

your ony feat was widespread and being done by all dks, i have watched numerous healing sorcs attempt this and still to date none have pulled it off besides myself.

your ony feat was widespread and being done by all dks, i have watched numerous healing sorcs attempt this and still to date none have pulled it off besides myself.

It was only widespread once other DKs started breaking the gear curve. This is exactly the same. Give people more time to gear up and you'll see more successful Sorcs/Sages soloing this guy.

Either that or they'll actually fix things so it can't be soloed. :D

It was only widespread once other DKs started breaking the gear curve. This is exactly the same. Give people more time to gear up and you'll see more successful Sorcs/Sages soloing this guy.

Either that or they'll actually fix things so it can't be soloed. :D

when this video was shot i had a grand total of 2 pieces of rakata set. im pretty sure there are quite a few sorcs who have full or almost full rakata. so its not just gear, but nice try tho. and if a sorc studies the vid close enough they can repeat it by simply repeating the rotation, but the fact still remains i came up with it and i did it first. no matter how much you try to downplay it, i still pulled it off first and still have yet to hear of another person doing it.

I cant see how one person being able todo something should in any way contribute to a specific class being nerfed, all it shows is that the person who 'solo'd it used great technique with use of enviroment assets along with good management of player resources and knowledge of gearing self and companion.

So more power to him or her. All it does is show others the key level they can get to if they master there class.

Edited by Shingara

Come on... it's as tank and spank as a fight can possibly be.

Resurgence > Innervate > Consumption > AoE heal > Repeat. Shield on cooldown. That is literally all that was in that video.

I lie - a mob popped and 3 steps to the right had to happen to avoid aggro. I'm sure there was a cooldown/relic used at some point too.

To claim that this is not gear dependent is just silly. It is about as simple as a fight can possibly be mechanically.

Come on... it's as tank and spank as a fight can possibly be.

Resurgence > Innervate > Consumption > AoE heal > Repeat. Shield on cooldown. That is literally all that was in that video.

I lie - a mob popped and 3 steps to the right had to happen to avoid aggro. I'm sure there was a cooldown/relic used at some point too.

To claim that this is not gear dependent is just silly. It is about as simple as a fight can possibly be mechanically.

well ofcourse it requires gear to do, my point was most all raiding sorcs have the same if not better gear than i do. the rotation is not as simple as you list, if you did just that you would have a dead tank. cool downs had to be used at particular moments. This guy hits really hard and you have to maintain pumping steady/big heals if your tank isnt parrying, more when the stacking armor debuff hits 5 stacks and stays there for most of the fight.

I cant see how one person being able todo something should in any way contribute to a specific class being nerfed, all it shows is that the person who 'solo'd it used great technique with use of enviroment assets along with good management of player resources and knowledge of gearing self and companion.

So more power to him or her. All it does is show others the key level they can get to if they master there class.

thank you, i appreciate your comment

Strictly speaking I would say it isn't soloed with a companion. Companions count against group size, so it is like you are grouped, only with a lesser entity. And, no, I have never fought him. And, yes, it still sounds impressive, based on what I have read. Edited by FlaviusGalleos

my next project will be to clear and complete the Belsavis 4man hardmode daily Lights Out.

this will be done with myself and a companion, and yes it will be labeled as a solo.

I solo both heroic 4 on belsavis everyday for commendation, same setup as yours, sorc healer with khem, takes a while but definitely not hard at all, or worthy of a video, but that's just my opinion. The heroic 2 daily in ilum is harder then those if you ask me (if you get a double, double-saber jedi spawn that is...).

Gratz on the ghost solo.

so.... you didnt solo it....

what other player helped me?

none, i alone engaged the force ghost and killed him, with no other players help, thus a solo.

as stated before the only reason i used the npc was to speed it up, my force level was above 80% at time the force ghost died, i could maintain that level of healing all day long.

I think you can just ignore the envious + jealous + ignorant comments....

It's like saying "oh no, S.Loeb didn't win the WRC championship by himself, he has a co-driver with him."

Plenty of congratz... and to the doubters: I'd like to see yourself doing it don't just slander.

I solo both heroic 4 on belsavis everyday for commendation, same setup as yours, sorc healer with khem, takes a while but definitely not hard at all, or worthy of a video, but that's just my opinion. The heroic 2 daily in ilum is harder then those if you ask me (if you get a double, double-saber jedi spawn that is...).

Gratz on the ghost solo.

i solo them both most every day too, the only reason i dont is if im grouped with guildees to speed things up. Like you mentioned it does take a while, however even when i solo it, i save the middle console for last, kill the adds, send khem to the boss, click panel and then run out along the wall. I have killed the boss at the second console before, but it was a brutal fight since companions just stand in the path of incomming effects. The missles this guy launches do crazy damage, and i have had people request a vid to see that boss solo'd without using line of sight, which is the way many people have solo killed him.

I think you can just ignore the envious + jealous + ignorant comments....

It's like saying "oh no, S.Loeb didn't win the WRC championship by himself, he has a co-driver with him."

Plenty of congratz... and to the doubters: I'd like to see yourself doing it don't just slander.

thanks for the comment, people seem so angry i pulled it off and while that part is a little discouraging the positive comments like yours make it all worth while, thanks again ;o)