SWTOR has "Failed" ~ Just looking for evidence.

Umbrex

We aren't shareholders. They don't need to tell us anything. Rest assured though that Bioware will have to give all the details in a few months.

I personally can't wait. When they finally confirm the game has at least 1.5 million subs people will stop the pointless speculation

I'd like to think that... but no, in all likelyhood, they'll just move on to the next flimsy piece of "evidence."

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We aren't shareholders. They don't need to tell us anything. Rest assured though that Bioware will have to give all the details in a few months.

I personally can't wait. When they finally confirm the game has at least 1.5 million subs people will stop the pointless speculation

Aren't shareholders suppose to get sales figures Feb 1st?

And the guys from Torwars who know a lot of folks in the Austin office are saying it's closer to 3 mil. which would really drive the haters into a frenzy.

How is that "proof of exactly nothing?" It's like current debate about that Mitt Romney guy who wont release his tax returns to the public. You and him are on the same boat nice logic. Oh yeah 5% drop in EA share prices linked to Swtor is also proof.

Mitt Romney released his tax return last week. What's your point?

pve

my companions are robbing me blind. come back *** kissing with nothing !

my solo based quests have put me in elite territory many times now

my professions are cybertech , scavenge , underworld trade, but i can only upgrade my gear halfway. and weapons even less.

token vendors need to have a "confirm purchase" option

(and selling items back thru accidental purchase only raises 1 credit ?)

whoever made the autopilot path for spacemissions needs time on a real simulator , better yet , let me fly !!

loading times for all areas have been increased 300% , (not sure if this is system or driver spec related)

cooldowns and button spamming causes abilitys to reset cast timers (@ 200+ ping this is shockin )

not sure how many mail items and credits i have deleted by accident !

emergency fleet pass , 18 hours , seriously ?

combat auto dismounts players , not sure if this was intended or not but its pretty fail !

pvp

lag !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fps spikes making targeting a ***** unless bound

jittery mouse behavior (needs smoothing)

doorways are really annoying , how about respawn when rdy ?

obvious balancing (but like any mmorpg will b fixed over time)

choice of warzone would b nice!

joining a warzone already in progress and waiting for the door to open kicks active players out ( clap clap for that one) lol

cost of pvp vendor gear was increased ( serious disadvantage to gamers still awaiting release )

attempting to join a warzone 50% of the time boots me out to character screen

is this evidence enough ?

was for me ! :p

Aren't shareholders suppose to get sales figures Feb 1st?

And the guys from Torwars who know a lot of folks in the Austin office are saying it's closer to 3 mil. which would really drive the haters into a frenzy.

Damn, if they announce it is near 3m, I am going to make some good money in the next week.

Edited by Drewser

You haven't had any points to ignore. Just an assumption based on a lack of information.

If you'd bothered to read the thread you're arguing in, a couple of people have pointed out we're a couple days away from EA's 3rd quarter call, which is the sort of place they'd reveal that sort of information. They're not obligated to keep the player community updated with a constant running tally of subscriptions.

It's in 2 days. And when they dont release the sub information what will you do? EA isnt just BioWare. If you were trying to get investors to invest in a company would you just tell all your good points and none of your bad ones? It works both ways. Oh and BioWare like showing off. They clearly said in the running up they will be a force to reckon with in MMO with their unique design they even go as far to bash WoW in the videos and say the have best PvP team in history of MMOs (hence why Illum was such a huge success) but they ended copying being another WoW Clone. Sheeple open your eyes.

It's in 2 days. And when they dont release the sub information what will you do? EA isnt just BioWare. If you were trying to get investors to invest in a company would you just tell all your good points and none of your bad ones? It works both ways. Oh and BioWare like showing off. They clearly said in the running up they will be a force to reckon with in MMO with their unique design they even go as far to bash WoW in the videos and say the have best PvP team in history of MMOs (hence why Illum was such a huge success) but they ended copying being another WoW Clone. Sheeple open your eyes.

You know what? Trying to use logic with you is like trying to headbutt my way through a brick wall. I've got better things to do. Have fun with your crazy! ^_^

the population has nothign do do with teh fact that some poeple were off school or work due to winter breaks. now that school and work picking back up alot of poeple are busy and can not play as much. this means they subbed still just busy.

thing like the who system does work, it just does not work how ,you, want it thats all. personal taste. i'm in game right now and can prove it does work.current fleet pop 225 , server is shadow hand.

On Girada the Hut similar Empire numbers are seen prime time, I'm using my rebelion populations for comparison.

Also...why not ACTUAL popluation counts...tell us how many freaking accounts logged in during the last 7 days per faction per server...how freaking tough would that be...are we supposed to create characters on all of the servers, grind them to level 10 and check the fleet during primetime to see if there is anyone there...thats stupid.

for what its worth.. mass invite on launch for guild, 200+ members. only 10 of them still play.

Id say the amount of people who played at launch vs the amount of people playing now has drastically declined, i would hope for reason related only to the obnoxious wait times for non helpful tickets and major bugs that take a week or two to get patched. Those two things would drive away casual players, which is in my opinion what this game was targeted at to begin with. Non the less, it shall prevail and i have the utmost faith!

i mean comon! soon we will have GB's and Customizable UI's!!!!!

for what its worth.. mass invite on launch for guild, 200+ members. only 10 of them still play.

Id say the amount of people who played at launch vs the amount of people playing now has drastically declined, i would hope for reason related only to the obnoxious wait times for non helpful tickets and major bugs that take a week or two to get patched. Those two things would drive away casual players, which is in my opinion what this game was targeted at to begin with. Non the less, it shall prevail and i have the utmost faith!

Poor indicator.

Those guildies could be playing other servers or other characters that are not a part of your guild.

It's easy to make baseless claims but without proof most reasonable people will never take you seriously. I saw some guy claiming SWTOR lost 65% of it's subscribers the other day, the guy of course had no proof.

Of course, claiming that TOR is doing great is just as baseless.

It's a useless discussion either way.

Happens all the time.

My WoW guild on Vanilla launch had similar numbers, and after about a month none of them played anymore.

That didnt mean the game was dying. It meant they went back to EQ.

Way too early to be beating the drum of doom.

Besides swtor has sold two million PC copies already http://www.vgchartz.com/game/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/ and sold 61,708 copies last week. That's not bad, got it 10th place for all sold titles across all platforms five weeks after it came out. At an average of 75 bucks a copy, that's a cool 150 million.

Plus all those people had to pony up at least the first 15 bucks, so that's 30 million. But some probably put in a three month or six month sub, so that first month of sub revenue might actually be initially higher... probably around 40-50 million. Assuming the 180-200 million pricetag, this game broke even in the first month alone.

That 500 million figure probably assumes the cost of supporting the game for the lifespan, like the "all in" estimates. It's probably not too far off, actually.

I can tell you that to run Wow from 2004 to 2008 cost Blizzard 200 million, supporting all of those servers and associated staff and other maintenance costs. http://kotaku.com/5050300/how-much-has-wow-cost-blizzard-since-2004 so I guess if you want to run swtor for 4 years plus initial development costs, you're looking at a 400 million-ish already.

TLDR: game is doing fine, check back in three months.

edit: i recommend http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/ to see how many folks are online right now, select swtor under statistics. Peaked at 500K worldwide this weekend just past!

Edited by Jalidi

Way too early to be beating the drum of doom.

Besides swtor has sold two million PC copies already http://www.vgchartz.com/game/31584/star-wars-the-old-republic/ and sold 61,708 copies last week. That's not bad, got it 10th place for all sold titles across all platforms five weeks after it came out. At an average of 75 bucks a copy, that's a cool 150 million.

Plus all those people had to pony up at least the first 15 bucks, so that's 30 million. But some probably put in a three month or six month sub, so that first month of sub revenue might actually be initially higher... probably around 40-50 million. Assuming the 180-200 million pricetag, this game broke even in the first month alone.

That 500 million figure probably assumes the cost of supporting the game for the lifespan, like the "all in" estimates. It's probably not too far off, actually.

I can tell you that to run Wow from 2004 to 2008 cost Blizzard 200 million, supporting all of those servers and associated staff and other maintenance costs. http://kotaku.com/5050300/how-much-has-wow-cost-blizzard-since-2004 so I guess if you want to run swtor for 4 years plus initial development costs, you're looking at a 400 million-ish already.

TLDR: game is doing fine, check back in three months.

edit: i recommend http://www.mmo-junkies.net/statistics/ to see how many folks are online right now, select swtor under statistics. Peaked at 500K worldwide this weekend just past!

500k concurrent would imply ~2380 concurrent / server (210 servers na and eu)

Similarly, 2 million subs would imply ~9500 subs / server

obviously not all servers are equal but based on the numbers cited do they align with what people are experiencing in game?

There are a heckuva lot of light servers (i played on one). Are the heavy servers that heavy as to make up the rest of those numbers?