SWTOR has "Failed" ~ Just looking for evidence.

Umbrex

Seen quite a few people say how "SWTOR is failing" or something along those lines.

Just wondering where they are getting the "evidence" behind these claims.

I don't understand how anyone can take those people seriously when Bioware doesn't release subscriptions numbers...and almost all of the player-tracking tools are very far from accurate.

I'm just baffled that this many people can confidently write a post saying "Well its obvious SWTOR is a failure"

*Shakes head*

Did I miss some news article that release subscription numbers of people on their second month compared to the number of people that purchased the game?

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen quite a few people say how "SWTOR is failing" or something along those lines.

I don't understand how anyone can take those people seriously when Bioware doesn't release subscriptions numbers...and almost all of the player-tracking tools are very far from accurate.

I'm just baffled that this many people can confidently write a post saying "Well its obvious SWTOR is a failure"

*Shakes head*

Did I miss some news article that release subscription numbers of people on their second month compared to the number of people that purchased the game?

everything is happening for a reason.

*Shakes head*

Every freaking time I start this application it fails. Within an hour of game play, maybe two the game has to be exited because it becomes unstable and slow. Wonder why I as a paying customer have nerdrage? Well, of the more than 100 applications installed on my computer outside of Windows 7 Ultimate, this is the only damn one that crashes like this.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: launcher.exe_SWTOR Launcher

Application Version: 3.1.9.0

Application Timestamp: 4eebd6bc

Fault Module Name: SWTORLaunch.dll_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4f0f81ad

Exception Offset: 100b742c

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Every freaking time I start this application it fails. Within an hour of game play, maybe two the game has to be exited because it becomes unstable and slow. Wonder why I as a paying customer have nerdrage? Well, of the more than 100 applications installed on my computer outside of Windows 7 Ultimate, this is the only damn one that crashes like this.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: launcher.exe_SWTOR Launcher

Application Version: 3.1.9.0

Application Timestamp: 4eebd6bc

Fault Module Name: SWTORLaunch.dll_unloaded

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4f0f81ad

Exception Offset: 100b742c

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Data: 00000008

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

You have corrupted windows.

How is that biowares fault?

Edited by djsmileey

It's easy to make baseless claims but without proof most reasonable people will never take you seriously. I saw some guy claiming SWTOR lost 65% of it's subscribers the other day, the guy of course had no proof. Edited by Berazad

I've had better behaved software. This game was wiping out sections of my desktop at first.. looks like they might have fixed that.

No, my windows is not corrupted. In fact it's a new, clean W7/64 install.

Make no mistake..they DO have code problems.

Population shrinking since launch is a good indicator.

Actually I'm fairly certain that they adjusted the population caps, or parameters, and it's been proven that the population estimates on the server list are massively inaccurate.

It's easy to make baseless claims but without proof most reasonable people will never take you seriously. I saw some guy claiming SWTOR lost 65% of it's subscribers the other day, the guy of couse had no proof.

Bioware is currently projected to have 13.7 million subscribers by June 2012.

It's easy to make baseless claims but without proof most reasonable people will never take you seriously. I saw some guy claiming SWTOR lost 65% of it's subscribers the other day, the guy of couse had no proof.

The counter argument of course being that YOU don't have any proof either.

No really arguing like this works.

I've seen it.

Over. And over. And over.

Population shrinking since launch is a good indicator.

That happens in every MMO release that I have been a part of for the last 12 years. An average of 10-15% quit. They try it say this is not for me and move on so first month is never a good indicator.

You have corrupted windows.

How is that biowares fault?

Lol, I do not have "corrupted windows". Bad troll is bad. This problem did not start happening until AFTER the last patch. This is the ONLY application which fails.

Evidence? Its everywhere? Play the game. Half the time I see people **** talkin the game in general chat. And a lot of servers already feel dead. Half the threads on this site are compliants. Can't tell you how many times I've read that people are unsubscribing. Feedback is all the proof needed, and there's wayyy more negative then postive hands down. Agree?

I've had better behaved software. This game was wiping out sections of my desktop at first.. looks like they might have fixed that.

No, my windows is not corrupted. In fact it's a new, clean W7/64 install.

Make no mistake..they DO have code problems.

If that were true everyone would have such issues and thats not the case so....you can draw your own conclusion, I expect?

Evidence? Its everywhere? Play the game. Half the time I see people **** talkin the game in general chat. And a lot of servers already feel dead. Half the threads on this site are compliants. Can't tell you how many times I've read that people are unsubscribing. Feedback is all the proof needed, and there's wayyy more negative then postive hands down. Agree?

Why would people who are happily playing post here? A few do but most people do not so your measure of feedback is at best skewed.

You keep saying that...you say it at least thirty times a day.... yet you never can provide the official numbers to back up those claims.

:rolleyes:

I don't say it thirty times a day, but I am flattered that I have a stalker of sorts. Log into various servers and check how many are on. Are some servers fine? Yup. Are a bunch of servers not? Yup.

If you don't agree with me feel free to pull your own data.

You don't need third party tools to look at the number of people playing. Go on yoru server and open the who tool, do some searches for specific level ranges and see who's playing.

So does the /who show every single person on that server?

As far as I know, it's only a /who of people within that specific area, as well as only your faction. So unless you've done a /who on every planet/zone and have done it for the opposite faction, your "feelings" on the matter isn't very conclusive.

Lol, I do not have "corrupted windows". Bad troll is bad. This problem did not start happening until AFTER the last patch. This is the ONLY application which fails.

It may not be as apparent as you think, but I have 128740189274120987 % confidence that if you were to bring it to my shop http://www.adeptcomputers.com I would get it running without errors.

We get people in EVERY WEEK asking to "make their computer faster for star wars"