Every US Server is standard / light.. what's the deal?

Feelinestars

This game is feeling less and less like an "MMO" everyday. There's under 20 people on Hutta (STARTING ZONE) and less than 75 people on the Imperial Fleet. This server had 30 minute queues a few weeks ago. It's difficult to find a group even on the Empire side. Every server on the list a few weeks ago was high-heavy-full and now they're all standard / light? It gives an awful impression of the game to new-comers.. when can we expect server merges for the outrageous amount of servers?

Play the game or complain about it. Doesn't much matter to me.

My thoughts are you'll just do the later.

What a waste of time.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I followed his instructions and added up the numbers? Dude, if you're going to be like this just leave the thread. Why is it SOME people (I won't use ADJECTIVES to describe "you people" so as to not get INFRACTIONS) just blindly defend the game just to defend it, even if they don't even BELIEVE what they're typing.

I want to log in and feel apart of a busy, bustling world. It's not happening right now. If you're having a different experience, I beg you to post your opinion and experiences in a nice and normal way with manners. Stop trolling every thread.

what server are you on?

It's 7:15PM on the east coast, where I am. I created an alt (I'm getting incredibly bored as a lvl 42 on my Sith Jugg) BH and Hutta has like 20 people right now. It's a starting zone, and the game sends you back there at like level 31. This is a terrible indication..

Why should starting zones have a huge population? You're there for at most 11 levels, and those go by fast. Most people are playing as higher level characters because it takes longer to get past that point.

For the record, my server is standard during peak hours and I find that any time during that window that I switch from a toon on the Republic fleet to one on the Empire fleet, there are over 200 people combined on both fleets. Add that to much higher populations on higher level planets and things aren't nearly as gloomy as they seem.

Depends when you log in. During the week, in the afternoon, the servers are going to be low.

The last few days when I have played, every server was standard or heavy. Almost half were heavy.

Try logging prime time on the weekends, most servers are heavy.

Just quit... Its really that simple.. If you dont like the game then move on..

I am happy where its at and still enjoying the game. Why must you doom and gloom guy keep going?

Dude, how Doom & Gloom can I really be when I'm subscribing to the game. Can you stop just being BLIND AND DEFENDING JUST TO DEFEND?! These are GENERAL FORUM DISCUSSIONS and there are major, glaring problems with the game, design choices, general BioWare screw-ups, etc. If we settle for mediocrity the game will NEVER improve. You want to play the game we're playing now forever? In the state it's in? Stop it man. Don't accept mediocrity just because you love SW:TOR lore and the universe. It's not necessary and you're doing more harm than good.

Then keep breaking it down. Do 1-5, 6-10.

Of course, you have to be genuinely interested in obtaining this figures. And I suspect you're not.

yea and im sure if i did that i would find there were 1000's of people on my standard server, and thats only republic side which is significantly less populated then the empire.

Play the game or complain about it. Doesn't much matter to me.

My thoughts are you'll just do the later.

What a waste of time.

You come into every single thread and no matter what the topic you blindly just defend the game. The difference between myself and you is my opinions have substance and meaning, and my complaints are legitimate. All you do is say "can I have your stuff?" and "go back to WoW"

Do you realize that you're doing more harm than good, and quite frankly, you're BioWare's worst nightmare? If we ALL go back to WoW.. you may THINK you'll be better off, but you won't get content, patches, and bug fixes at the rate you're getting them now.. which even now is unacceptable, so imagine if we DID all go back to WoW.

I was on just a little while ago; the fleet on Iron Citadel was at 200+ people and counting - and that is par for the course in my experience with that server.

Even with 200+ ppl on just the fleet, it was still considered a standard pop.

Also, Belsavis had almost 60 ppl on doing dailies on a Monday right around rush hour (most people haven't gotten home, yet).

I can't speak on other servers, but mine is doing just fine.

Edited by Jaramukhti

yea and im sure if i did that i would find there were 1000's of people on my standard server, and thats only republic side which is significantly less populated then the empire.

Right. It's obvious you're only interested in trolling and not in finding out how to obtain a view of your server's currently active population.

Why should starting zones have a huge population? You're there for at most 11 levels, and those go by fast. Most people are playing as higher level characters because it takes longer to get past that point.

Game is based on rolling alts. Starting areas better be active.

Dude, how Doom & Gloom can I really be when I'm subscribing to the game. Can you stop just being BLIND AND DEFENDING JUST TO DEFEND?! These are GENERAL FORUM DISCUSSIONS and there are major, glaring problems with the game, design choices, general BioWare screw-ups, etc. If we settle for mediocrity the game will NEVER improve. You want to play the game we're playing now forever? In the state it's in? Stop it man. Don't accept mediocrity just because you love SW:TOR lore and the universe. It's not necessary and you're doing more harm than good.

can you stop complaining just to complain then? Like honestly if your just gonna complain then quit please, why play a game that makes you so miserable that you have to complain on the forums and defend every post that comes at you saying your complaint is wrong. Your a worse defender than any of us because your defending against many different people and we are only posting towards you.

So CAN YOU STOP DEFENDING JUST TO DEFEND? your a worse perpetrator of that than any of us for the opposite side.

can you stop complaining just to complain then? Like honestly if your just gonna complain then quit please, why play a game that makes you so miserable that you have to complain on the forums and defend every post that comes at you saying your complaint is wrong. Your a worse defender than any of us because your defending against many different people and we are only posting towards you.

So CAN YOU STOP DEFENDING JUST TO DEFEND? your a worse perpetrator of that than any of us for the opposite side.

I have no idea what you just said.

You come into every single thread and no matter what the topic you blindly just defend the game. The difference between myself and you is my opinions have substance and meaning, and my complaints are legitimate. All you do is say "can I have your stuff?" and "go back to WoW"

Do you realize that you're doing more harm than good, and quite frankly, you're BioWare's worst nightmare? If we ALL go back to WoW.. you may THINK you'll be better off, but you won't get content, patches, and bug fixes at the rate you're getting them now.. which even now is unacceptable, so imagine if we DID all go back to WoW.

He'd get a nice F2P + microtransaction shop patch. Maybe that's what all these "unsubscribe and go back to WoW" people want?

This game is feeling less and less like an "MMO" everyday. There's under 20 people on Hutta (STARTING ZONE) and less than 75 people on the Imperial Fleet. This server had 30 minute queues a few weeks ago. It's difficult to find a group even on the Empire side. Every server on the list a few weeks ago was high-heavy-full and now they're all standard / light? It gives an awful impression of the game to new-comers.. when can we expect server merges for the outrageous amount of servers?

believe me when i say this, even for the server says Standard, it is still quite populated. really depends on the server. the one i play on typically says Standard but on Republic Fleet, constant 60-100 online. while i also play on another server where sometimes it says Standard, the Republic Fleet only has 10-20 players online at a time.

What server are you on?

He'd get a nice F2P + microtransaction shop patch. Maybe that's what all these "unsubscribe and go back to WoW" people want?

Seriously!! Do these people not realize that if the entire community DOES go back to WoW they'll be in worse shape now? It's so.. baffling to me. Mind-boggling. Why not admit that BioWare has major work to do, and ADMIT to what they're experiencing instead of just blindly defending. It's insulting.

What server are you on? Do it and let us know.

Im on warriors of the shadow, and you will still never get an accurate result as there are more than 100 50's online for all i know there could be 300 50's online which would make my server have around 1000 people online just on the republic side as i added up around 500-600 just going through the leveling process on republic side at the moment.

Really?

I been playing these game for 15 years.. This is the BEST you going to see a new game at the start. This believe it or not is a great start....

I dont come here often but I am seen this subject for the last 2 weeks. BIOWARE does provide a service if you dont like the service then leave.. Vote with your $.

They know what they have to do.. And they will do it.. So either give them a break or stop paying for a service you dont enjoy....

Edited by BitterPill

What people don't seem to get (maybe they do and they're just being thick for the hell of it) is that just because the server YOU play on may have 200 or folks in fleet at a given moment, it doesn't mean that's the same for every server.

I play mainly imperial side on The Constant. During prime time this weekend I saw at most around 70 people in fleet. I switched up and made a Rep side Jedi on Lord Adraas and fleet had well over 170 people and even Corusant had well over 150. Now that may not seem like a big difference but when you are try to put a group together or even just looking for "atmosphere" that extra 100 - 120 people make all the difference.

A lot of the people posting this stuff aren't trying to detract from the game, we like it. We just want more opportunity to play with other people so we can get the most out of the game. It is, after all, an MMO. So please do everyone a favor and don't let your specific personal observation on your servers status be the be all and end all, because it isn't.

believe me when i say this, even for the server says Standard, it is still quite populated. really depends on the server. the one i play on typically says Standard but on Republic Fleet, constant 60-100 online. while i also play on another server where sometimes it says Standard, the Republic Fleet only has 10-20 players online at a time.

Then why can't I find flashpoint groups on my Warrior tank? That's a major problem to me. inb4 I'm socially awkward or anything else some people may say. "lf3m for foundry, tank here." Spamming that for 2 hours ISN'T FUN! They need to introduce an LFG or LFR in some aspect, some way. I would LOVE to click a button and get into a flashpoint. I would LOVE IT.