Some things from KOTOR that are ESSENTIAL for SWTOR

Reye

alright, i noticed there were a lot of fun elements from KOTOR missing from SWTOR.

1.Pazaak: c'mon bioware, give us a reason to hang out in cantinas, add Pazaak tables where we can have wager matches against other players. it can be something like this: http://www.pazaak.org/play

2. Swoop races: no i'm not talking about directly racing each other like with pod racing, I know that would have problems in an MMO, but why not have it like how it was in KOTOR and have it to where you're trying to beat a set time. maybe even have some titles associated with this.

3. Duel arenas: similar to the one on taris, and maybe even make it so players in cantinas can view duels via a monitor or something, and make bets on the winner.

4. Stuff to do in our ship: like with the ebon hawk, or the normandy from mass effect, give us a reason to use our ship, add some workbenches, let us have a sparring droid to train on (like the dummies in that ...other MMO.)

5. the ability to talk to companions whenever you want to. (suggested by Sraom )

6. maybe another turret minigame? (such as when you get attacked while in the ebon hawk) make it optional of course.

(more will be added as I think of them)

Edited by Reye

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Swoop races: no i'm not racing directly race each other like with pod racing, I know that would have problems in an MMO, but why not have it like how it was in KOTOR and have it to where you're trying to beat a set time. maybe even have some titles associated with this.

How would it cause problems if it was player vs player? I assume it would be very much like the beetle racing that Guild Wars did.

Agree with your suggestions.

Hmm, it's been ages since I last did it but you went into an instance and your character was transformed into this beetle thing. Then you queued for a race the way you would with random arenas. Your skills were replaced with beetle racing ones...I forget what but there was a speed boost, something to slow another player or push them, that sort of thing.

It was on a track, but you had to steer obviously, and use your speed buffs/debuffs etc at the right time, and try and bump or slow down other players. People used to try to cheat the timer so they could get into the same race and work together to win.

I think having a partner would make it quite fun if it was legit, so my suggestion would be to allow players to group up in teams of 2, with 6-8 players competing in one race.

Weekly leader boards for thes kinds of things would help add some competition. Pazaak would be cool. Could have rare cards hidden similar to datcrons (or not- that might actually wind some people up).

But yeah, Pazaak would be handy for when your wIting on an ops group to come online etc.

More functionality would always be welcome. BW were able to produce Mass Effect ships with some functionality like fish you can feed, collectable ship models for a display.

Novelty items for your cabins.

Hilariously sad they havent done the same thing in their flagship MMO.

That doesn't fit with the lore of the time period.

People keep saying that, but can some one please show me how it doesn't? After all, the original swoop racing from books used speeder bikes instead of these sleek machines. It was directly a head to head, bash em up, race similar to pod racing. It's possible with a little modification. The beginnings of tying engines to seats and letting it fly you around. Maybe even have a single engine with the cockpit on the top or something.

It could work, maybe not the same as in episode 1, but let's not write it off just yet.

More functionality would always be welcome. BW were able to produce Mass Effect ships with some functionality like fish you can feed, collectable ship models for a display.

Novelty items for your cabins.

Hilariously sad they havent done the same thing in their flagship MMO.

Right? I want my ship to be a place I actually visit, not just walk in for 45 seconds to choose a planet and walk out.