Huttball Goalies!

Aces_Over_Kings

My feeling is this, if grappling / jumping to a player is a legal mechanic (which I feel it is), so is bubble, sprint. I personally don't feel the need for a change on either ends.

I'm sick of this one sidedness, either it's ok on both ends or stop complaining (Not directed at you OP).

I also forgot to mention that I've seen a PBAOE knockback from near the goal line accomplish the same thing. It launched a ballcarrier towards the goal line, but up to the insta-kill and reset the ball.

I thought it was dumb luck (and it may have been), but the player who did it said in Ops immediately after "Remember that one. ;)" So they were at least claiming credit for it being intentional.

Those circumstances and timing would be *much* harder to reproduce reliably, however.

Yeah, pretty much. The other thing people seem to forget is that if you aren't running down the center ramp, you can just run off to the sides to avoid his range. Really, teammates should be ahead of you too, ready for a pass straight into the end zone. I always hate it when my teammates crowd around me or follow just behind me rather than running ahead to get open for a pass. It inevitably leads to a bunch of AoE and attracts attention.

God I hate that. People think you're supposed to trail behind the ball carrier. That gives the enemy so much time to just keep AoE'ing and re-spawning and running back before you get across the map.

Or people who run ahead of the ball carrier but run way too far and just stand there saying "Pass", when they're 90m away.

I always run past the ball carrier and anticipate the pass and stay within range. Or run ahead to grapple enemies out of the way.

Killing people by dragging them up into the 'safe zone' is fine in my book, but if the carrier is pulled across the line. That should be a goal, the rules say you must cross the line with the ball. There is no having to live to tell the tale part in the rules.

The counter is simple. Goalies can't stay up top because of the deserter detection. This seems to apply to the entire upper ledge even if you run all the way to the side. Now maybe there is some bug where going to one side or the other allows you to get the deserter detenction to reset but it doesn't work all the time.

Also it should still count as a score. The ball broke the entire plane end of story.

This actually sounds like a fun idea. Only problem, though, is you'd have to be really dedicated in order to do it.

I mean, how many medals would you get just standing in your spawn goaltending? I think that's the main reason people aren't doing it more. It doesn't even count towards your kills, so the people sitting up there 'exploiting' actually aren't even getting anything for their effort. :p