Scheduled Maintenance - Lets be FAIR

AidyJ

Apologies if this has been stated before, could not find it ....

But how about the Devs being FAIR when taking the servers off line for Scheduled Maintenance. Why is it ALWAYS prime time for Europe?

Why not design a rota that puts the servers out in early hours for Europe too, rather that always giving that benefit to CST.

Cheers

But how about the Devs being FAIR when taking the servers off line for Scheduled Maintenance. Why is it ALWAYS prime time for Europe?

Why not design a rota that puts the servers out in early hours for Europe too, rather that always giving that benefit to CST.

Cheers

They aren't giving benefit to anyone, it just seems that way. It is done the way it is done because Bioware is in a CST zone. It does suck for everyone that is in prime time though.

They aren't giving benefit to anyone, it just seems that way. It is done the way it is done because Bioware is in a CST zone. It does suck for everyone that is in prime time though.

Actually, they do it at a fairly inconvenient time for themselves.

Their time selection is simply trying to find the window of time where the least number of people are logged in. For now, 2am CST seems to fit the bill.

Once the game has launched in more countries and they distribute their servers more, perhaps maintenance will be better scheduled for local times.

Cheers

+1 :(

Cheers

how about EURO creates a game and then we can maybe switch the downtime to be more convenient for you?

oops.. that will never happen. suck it up

Your maintenance times are 10:00-4:00

Stop lying it’s not prime time. Personally I’d love 10:00-4:00 here in the US so I can play before work on Tuesdays. Do you want me to see if I can have BW set it up so the Us has to deal with your timeframe 10:00-4:00? I can ask!

Dev’s, I feel it unfair that the EU’s time is from 10:00-4:00, can you please change it so that the US had downtime from 10:00-4:00 to be fair? I specifically want 10:00am-4:00pm CST so that we can truly experience the pain and anguish our EU counterparts have to deal with.

The devs can't win can they? They have maintenace to fix/update the game and what happens?

People go and whine about how they are taking down the game for a few hours for maintenance...you guys have the rest of time to play the game, and your worried about a few hours?

The devs can't win.

its always prime time somewhere. Bottom line Europe, Asia, Australia all need their own servers, maintained on their time. As long as you are playing on a NA server you have to play on our time. Why would anyone host a MMO and do it in a time zone other than their own?

Your maintenance times are 10:00-4:00

Stop lying it’s not prime time. Personally I’d love 10:00-4:00 here in the US so I can play before work on Tuesdays. Do you want me to see if I can have BW set it up so the Us has to deal with your timeframe 10:00-4:00? I can ask!

Dev’s, I feel it unfair that the EU’s time is from 10:00-4:00, can you please change it so that the US had downtime from 10:00-4:00 to be fair? I specifically want 10:00am-4:00pm CST so that we can truly experience the pain and anguish our EU counterparts have to deal with.

Living in Europe I can not tell you how UTTERLY HORRIBLE it is to have to go to work KNOWING the servers are going down only to be back up when I get home!!! It is HORRIBLE that I am at work, knowing full well that the SWToR servers are offline!!!

How I wish for the days when the SWG servers would go offline on Saturdays from 1 - 4 PM. That was SO wonderful. I loved being at home not being able to play.

Edited by justadude

Living in Europe I can not tell you how UTTERLY HORRIBLE it is to have to go to work KNOWING the servers are going down only to be back up when I get home!!! It is HORRIBLE that I am at work, knowing full well that the SWToR servers are offline!!!

How I wish for the days when the SWG servers would go offline on Saturdays from 1 - 4 PM. That was SO wonderful. I loved being at home not being able to play.

the sarcasm is strong with this one.

If they did staggered downtimes (to allow for prime time hours in various parts of the world), then those who play on servers that are down during a certain time would just roll new characters on the server that are still up at that time, just to be able to play something.

So the servers still up would get flooded with a lot of "temporary" players, creating long login queue times, and those temporary players would have no real interest in maintaining a positive reputation on their "temporary" server and would just be creating a cesspool of bad behavior, thus ruining it for those who play on those servers regularly.

This happened in WoW when they tried to take the Oceanic servers down at a different time as the North America ones. All those on the NA servers flooded the Oceanic ones because they were the only ones up at that time. And it was a nightmare for those Oceanic players.

So they quickly went back to the "all servers down at the same time" maintenance schedule.

Umm start playing games from your own country? Does that not work?

Do you know how inconvenient it is for me to not be able to play at 2 am? Fairly. I'm Nocturnal. I find it easier to be up at night and not have to deal with everyones BS.

Do I care that I can't play one day, in the middle of the week, during the time I'm most active? Not really. Do I care that you can't play one day, in the middle of the week, during the time you're most active? Even less so.

If I was playing a game from some european country and they took it down during the time that I play, you know what I'd do? Go outside. Go shopping. Clean my house. Learn to cook a new dish.

GO. DO. SOMETHING.