Swtor IS a success, at least financially

SoulstitchMMO

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

best mmo? I guess if you have horrific standards you can say its the best.

It IS the best MMO, if you gauge fun of the overall experience.

ITs not features that are flawed like addons,LFG, etc that make a game great. Its wether the game is FUN to play, and that it clearly is. You might not agree, but at that point i have to ask... why are you still paying for it?

Has for this debate, it is ridiculous. Haters trying yet again to foresee DOOM and GLOOM, on desperation that their hating spree isnt justified as its been proven so far.

This game is a sucess aslong as it turns a profit. The point of every product and service is to generate money. And if it does it is a SUCESS!

Now, as far as predictions go, it really depends. Maybe the estimated sales were 3 million copies and the game sold 2 million copies. Its not that it wasnt a sucess, its that the company was predicting it to be an even bigger sucess.

Now to conclude the game is a failure from that, is obviously just in the eyes of haters who can arrive at no other conclusion regardless of the facts.

Edited by Nemmar

I'm not going to bother looking up the info for you, that's what google is for, units sold world wide 4.4 million 85% retention of accounts, this is from an EA quaterly fiscal report. Nearly all estimates put the production costs at $200 million. EA/Bioware have already earned their investment back, also, learn to do a little bit of research before you post such absurd numbers. Literally google it and read the first 5 links lol.

4.4 X .85 X 15 = $56.1 million from subs

4.4 X 60 264 $264 million from boxes, and that's not even including the extra from CE and DDE.

So breaking even and making a medial profit is considered a success? Hmm I guess they succeeded.:rolleyes:

if they had over 500k EA/BioWare would've had a press release like they did with how many boxes were sold. The sad state is that, bioware is keeping a peep on how many people are actually active.

again, failed game is failed game.

You will know Feb 1st most likely. Mmo's never give their numbers on a weekly or even monthly basis. Our best way of finding out is through the investor calls. I expect they are doing very well. I can only go off of my server numbers and each planet has pretty close to the same numbers from when i bought it on Jan 3rd.

I'm not going to bother looking up the info for you, that's what google is for, units sold world wide 4.4 million 85% retention of accounts, this is from an EA quaterly fiscal report. Nearly all estimates put the production costs at $200 million. EA/Bioware have already earned their investment back, also, learn to do a little bit of research before you post such absurd numbers. Literally google it and read the first 5 links lol.

4.4 X .85 X 15 = $56.1 million from subs

4.4 X 60 264 $264 million from boxes, and that's not even including the extra from CE and DDE.

Your estimates are flawed. Typically, developers only receive roughly $20 on every box sale, just so you know. The stores don't pass these games on to the consumer out of the goodness of their hearts.

It IS the best MMO, if you gauge fun of the overall experience.

ITs not features that are flawed like addons,LFG, etc that make a game great. Its wether the game is FUN to play, and that it clearly is. You might not agree, but at that point i have to ask... why are you still paying for it?

Have 20 days left on sub. The overall experience was not that great considering the amount of bugs and the absolutely disgustingly bad combat. Parts were fun but in no way can you say its the best mmo. A good mmo is the word you should stick too.

It is a big success as a Computer Game, so that is actually what counts.

Hardcore MMO players have problems with the game, but that is like saying that the Honda Civic was a failure because Race Car drivers don't drive them - who cares?

If you went by the forums WoW died many years ago...yet it still seems to be a success.

Edited by Drallbait

Hardcore MMO players have problems with the game, but that is like saying that the Honda Civic was a failure because Race Car drivers don't drive them - who cares?

Actually it isn't what counts. Like at all.

Well, all that counts to me is that I enjoy playing a lot. That is all that matters to the buyer, and many, many people are enjoying the game.

Financially it will be a success as well. Whether you like it or not. Not a 10 million subs success probably, but half a million is very likely.

Edited by Drallbait

Oversimplify much? A lot of people have a lot of problems with the game. I know plenty of casuals who are quitting for completely different reasons then hardcore players. Also dont forget the pvp community, whom are not all hardcore.

You're right. What counts is whether you're having fun playing it and whether the developer and publisher have made enough money so they can continue making games you like to play.

Well, all that counts to me is that I enjoy playing a lot. That is all that matters to the buyer, and many, many people are enjoying the game.

Financially it will be a success as well. Whether you like it or not. Not a 10 million subs success probably, but half a million is very likely.

OHH well since you enjoy it sure its a success.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I hope it is a success. It keeps the dream alive that one day someone will make a good Star Wars MMO.

Your estimates are flawed. Typically, developers only receive roughly $20 on every box sale, just so you know. The stores don't pass these games on to the consumer out of the goodness of their hearts.

Sales on Origins greatly exceeded expectations...

and Origin sales are almost pure profit for EA/BioWare :jawa_wink:

I see the hate machine is out in full force..I would say they should be banned but we all know they would just run out and buy another box.

:rolleyes:

Banned for what? Speaking our minds? Fanboys can sit on the forums and bs about how perfect the game is, why can other people bring a little balance in? I played to 50, raided, and pvped, so I think I can speak my mind.

OHH well since you enjoy it sure its a success.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hehe, not much into reading for context eh?

The point being - many people will buy the game just to play their Star Wars fantasies out -which this game does a great job of. Nitpicking MMO featuers that aren't in the game yet doesn't matter much, this game isn't focused just on the niche MMO market most people use as the context for their complaints. IT would be more productive to review the game for what it was designed to be, not what you wish it was designed like so it would be more like other past MMOs.