I don't want Bioware to have my money

Gankdalf_

Ah but when you join the real world you will understand the concept of happy customers and unhappy customers.

I understand them well. However you fall into the 3rd category, the whiney customer. You aren't happy unless everything is exactly how you want it. Short on patience and understanding you rant and expect others to not just listen but agree and comply to your demands.

Ultimately you are the kind that businesses are happy to see switch to the competition. The money they lose by you leaving is less than the money they make as a result, becuase the time they spent trying to please you can now be spent on servernig 3 or 4 of their happy customers. A sigh of relief, not regret is what you leave behind....that and maybe a few LOLs if you didn't know how to shut up and move on gracefully.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't use fan boy as an insult, I use it to describe someone that puts the product above everything else no matter how unfair or morally wrong it may be. Fan boys will never disagree with the company that made the product.

Also confused as to how it is 'morally wrong' that they are delivering to you exactly what they stated you were paying for. What, because you're not going to get server-firsts?

i have no problem with the way we are being treated...and this is only a fiasco cause stupid people dont know how to read...

i'm sorry but reading comprehension has nothing to do with it. i can assure you in my country, when you preoder swtor, it is highly( stated and clear) that you get 5 days headstart for preordering . no margin for error or missinterpretation whatsoever.

aside from that, you don't get the 5 euros deducted.

Edited by Ariadna

With Bioware I feel like a piece of crap, not important

You, good Sir, got it right.

Im also not that young anymore and i bet, we are not the target customer group by this company, they may have our kids in focus.

My first contact as a customer with them, i am not important.

i'm sorry but reading comprehension has nothing to do with it. i can assure you in my country, when you preoder swtor, it is highly( stated and clear) that you get 5 days headstart for preordering . no margin for error or missinterpretation whatsoever.

I feel bad for people in this situation. It seems some vendors truly did mis-represent the game....but that's not BioWare's fault ultimately. All complaints should go to the vendor itself.

I simply made a statement to Bioware about my proposed actions. Since then we have 12 pages of people QQing because of what I posted. It must really bother you all what I said in my OP, I don't know how you dare call me a QQer with all the tears on this thread. :)

u are one of those who cant read obviously it was there clear as day on their main website from the beginning

I don't use fan boy as an insult, I use it to describe someone that puts the product above everything else no matter how unfair or morally wrong it may be. Fan boys will never disagree with the company that made the product.

There is nothing morally wrong or ethically deceiving going on here. You were made aware through numerous avenues, print when purchasing, e-mails after purchasing, and hundreds of posts on this very topic.

Unethical and Immoral

The only way your argument would hold any sort of weight is if Bioware had said, "Congrats on pre ordering get ready for a fun filled 5 days of unrestricted early game access."

Ethical and Moral

Have they said this to you? No they had not said this to you, they in fact said You may get up to 5 days to play in early access for purchasing.

I feel bad for people in this situation. It seems some vendors truly did mis-represent the game....but that's not BioWare's fault ultimately. All complaints should go to the vendor itself.

ahh well then in that case its not biowares fault at all because here on the main website it was clear as day

Used in this context, it's just as much an insult as calling someone "idiot" or something similar in my opinion. I never understood why that word was tolerated.

nope is not.

Fanboy is a term used to describe a male who is highly devoted and biased in opinion towards a single subject or hobby within a given field. Fanboy-ism is often prevalent in a field of products, brands or universe of characters where very few competitors (or enemies in fiction, such as comics) exist. An example is the market for CPUs for PCs, where AMD and Intel together hold a market share of 99.6% (as of Q1 2009).[4] In this market, users of home computers realistically only have a choice between two brands, and hence, a fight over which is better easily ensues. In this field, an "Intel fanboy" prefers CPUs made by Intel, and might aggressively defend their supposed superiority compared to the other brand(s), be skeptical or in denial about negative reviews of the product, and exert a high level of brand loyalty. The same brand war ensues when comparing video card brands Nvidia and ATI, which together dominate the video card market.

The term originated in comic book circles, to describe someone who was socially insecure and used comics as a shield from interaction, hence the disparaging connotations.[citation needed] Fanboys are often experts on minor details regarding their hobbies, such as continuity in fictional universes, and they take these details extremely seriously. The term has also been applied to criticize perceived fan elitism[citation needed]. The term itself is often used in a derogatory manner by less serious fans of the same material. Nevertheless, self-labeling usages of the term have been noted; in the songs of the fannish parody musician Luke Ski, many characters proudly consider themselves fanboys.

The term is usually used by and applied to people in their teens or 20s; an age group which is typically found pursuing geeky hobbies obsessively. Within this group, common objects of deference for fanboys are TV shows, movies, anime, cars, video game consoles, video games, music, operating systems, trains, home computers (in earlier decades), MMORPGs, ISPs, software and computer hardware companies.

The term fangirl can be used to describe a female member of a fandom community (counterpart to the masculine "fanboy"). Fangirls may be more devoted to emotional and romantic aspects of their fandom, especially (relation-)shipping. However, it is commonly used in a derogatory sense to describe a girl's obsession with something, most commonly a male teen idol or an aspect of Japanese pop culture. Fangirl behavior can vary in intensity. On one end of the scale are those that, while harboring a crush on a particular actor or character, are perfectly capable of understanding that the fulfilment of the crush is never going to happen. On the other end are the girls who are said to be obsessive in their claims on a fictional character, even fighting with other fangirls over who 'owns' the character in question. Fangirl behavior can fall anywhere in this spectrum, but the closer someone is believed to be towards the obsessive end, the more derogatory the use of the term 'fangirl' to describe them is perceived to be.[citation needed] Fangirls of all persuasions are believed to be the largest contributors to fanfiction websites, sometimes disregarding the canon storyline of their fandom or altering it to fit either their own favored romantic pairings; or themselves into the continuity (termed self-insertions or Mary Sues).[citation needed] A popular culture gag is that celebrities would use their fans as an army to take over the world.

That's the thing about "first come, first serve" , you'll always have those people at the back of the line watching everyone else get what they paid for complaining about how unfair it is or how poorly it is being handled.

I read about the preorders the day they announced them, I saw the fine print and guess what? I preordered the first day at the first chance I got. I knew I would get in on the first wave of early access whenever it stared, and I did. Hell, I didn't even wait for my email. I logged in as soon as they said the first wave went out on Tuesday morning.

Moral of the story? You knew it was first come, first serve. Everyone did. You're upset that you're stuck at the back of the line because you waited to jump in. Deal with it. Game comes out in a couple of days anyways and none of this matters.

See you at launch!

Edited by AliensShootFirst

Hey OP, and those who share his opinion, understand that Early Access is so Bioware can launch their game without 24 hour downtime on the first day of official launch. Its not all about you.

This launch has been smooth as it can be for a MMO and im happy they went this direction. My current server "The Fatman"(PvP Capital of ToR btw) already has a Full status on the server lists in-game. I can only imagine the horrors of a game this size w/o staggered access.

Thank you Bioware for keeping your game up and not listening to these idiots. Should have pre-ordered if you wanted in on the first day of early access. Blame no one but yourselves.

Edited by misrossk

nope is not.

Fanboy is a term used to describe a male who is highly devoted and biased in opinion towards a single subject or hobby within a given field. Fanboy-ism is often prevalent in a field of products, brands or universe of characters where very few competitors (or enemies in fiction, such as comics) exist. An example is the market for CPUs for PCs, where AMD and Intel together hold a market share of 99.6% (as of Q1 2009).[4] In this market, users of home computers realistically only have a choice between two brands, and hence, a fight over which is better easily ensues. In this field, an "Intel fanboy" prefers CPUs made by Intel, and might aggressively defend their supposed superiority compared to the other brand(s), be skeptical or in denial about negative reviews of the product, and exert a high level of brand loyalty. The same brand war ensues when comparing video card brands Nvidia and ATI, which together dominate the video card market.

The term originated in comic book circles, to describe someone who was socially insecure and used comics as a shield from interaction, hence the disparaging connotations.[citation needed] Fanboys are often experts on minor details regarding their hobbies, such as continuity in fictional universes, and they take these details extremely seriously. The term has also been applied to criticize perceived fan elitism[citation needed]. The term itself is often used in a derogatory manner by less serious fans of the same material. Nevertheless, self-labeling usages of the term have been noted; in the songs of the fannish parody musician Luke Ski, many characters proudly consider themselves fanboys.

The term is usually used by and applied to people in their teens or 20s; an age group which is typically found pursuing geeky hobbies obsessively. Within this group, common objects of deference for fanboys are TV shows, movies, anime, cars, video game consoles, video games, music, operating systems, trains, home computers (in earlier decades), MMORPGs, ISPs, software and computer hardware companies.

The term fangirl can be used to describe a female member of a fandom community (counterpart to the masculine "fanboy"). Fangirls may be more devoted to emotional and romantic aspects of their fandom, especially (relation-)shipping. However, it is commonly used in a derogatory sense to describe a girl's obsession with something, most commonly a male teen idol or an aspect of Japanese pop culture. Fangirl behavior can vary in intensity. On one end of the scale are those that, while harboring a crush on a particular actor or character, are perfectly capable of understanding that the fulfilment of the crush is never going to happen. On the other end are the girls who are said to be obsessive in their claims on a fictional character, even fighting with other fangirls over who 'owns' the character in question. Fangirl behavior can fall anywhere in this spectrum, but the closer someone is believed to be towards the obsessive end, the more derogatory the use of the term 'fangirl' to describe them is perceived to be.[citation needed] Fangirls of all persuasions are believed to be the largest contributors to fanfiction websites, sometimes disregarding the canon storyline of their fandom or altering it to fit either their own favored romantic pairings; or themselves into the continuity (termed self-insertions or Mary Sues).[citation needed] A popular culture gag is that celebrities would use their fans as an army to take over the world.

TLDR, I think i got the jist thank you for posting the definition =).

Too much contempt for their customers, the twitter comments alone were just bang out of order. The whole way they have handled the launch tells me they really take the customers for granted, maybe it's all gone to their heads.

I have an ethos in life that I am very careful who gets my very hard earned cash, they have to tick the boxes, it's not about how much I love the product, it's all about morals with me.

The younger people will not have a clue *** I am on about, they just look at the shiney, glittering product and don't care about anything else.

I look at how many people are unhappy on the forums, they take MMO playing serious, getting a headstart can be vital, securing their name, keeping up with the auction house economy, they are all vital to your gameplay. This is gameplay we have to pay for on a monthly basis, it's not like Skyrim where you can just pick it up whenever and carry on, this game world changes every minute. The people in game now are making the game harder and harder for us people not able to play. Names are being taken, prices are going up, people are higher level.

I admired Blizzard when WOW first came out, they were very fair-minded I wanted them to have my money as I felt valued. With Bioware I feel like a piece of crap, not important, I really don't want them to have my money. This game will have to be the best game I have ever played for me to consider renewing after the first month and as a beta tester I know it's not so...

And you forgot to mention they didnt name a planet after you and make an ice cream bar that looks like you and give you a private server for you and your freinds(if you have any)

Too much contempt for their customers, the twitter comments alone were just bang out of order. The whole way they have handled the launch tells me they really take the customers for granted, maybe it's all gone to their heads.

I have an ethos in life that I am very careful who gets my very hard earned cash, they have to tick the boxes, it's not about how much I love the product, it's all about morals with me.

The younger people will not have a clue *** I am on about, they just look at the shiney, glittering product and don't care about anything else.

I look at how many people are unhappy on the forums, they take MMO playing serious, getting a headstart can be vital, securing their name, keeping up with the auction house economy, they are all vital to your gameplay. This is gameplay we have to pay for on a monthly basis, it's not like Skyrim where you can just pick it up whenever and carry on, this game world changes every minute. The people in game now are making the game harder and harder for us people not able to play. Names are being taken, prices are going up, people are higher level.

I admired Blizzard when WOW first came out, they were very fair-minded I wanted them to have my money as I felt valued. With Bioware I feel like a piece of crap, not important, I really don't want them to have my money. This game will have to be the best game I have ever played for me to consider renewing after the first month and as a beta tester I know it's not so...

So cancel your pre-order, Mr. Blowing Things Out of Proportion. Just because BioWare apparently has one of those most obnoxious and self-entitled fanbases out there is no reason to hate on them. They're doing what they always said they're going to do, and they're doing it well. The way people twist and contort this stuff into some sort of huge moral dilemma is just insane.

Let's just call this what it is, guys. It's Bioware doing what Bioware said it was going to do. I would also like to point out that this is the first day of the original planned early release start that everyone was told of upon pre-ordering. Chew on those digital nuggets.

I bet it says up to 5 days or something like that. Really though posting on a forums about this is just going to get you flamed. How about contacting Bioware. They are the ones handling this games release, not us fellow SWTOR gamers sitting on the sidelines anxiously awaiting our invite as well.

Hey OP, and those who share his opinion, understand that Early Access is so Bioware can launch their game without 24 hour downtime on the first day of official launch. Its not all about you.

This launch has been smooth as it can be for a MMO and im happy they went this direction. My current server "The Fatman"(PvP Capital of ToR btw) already has a Full status on the server lists in-game. I can only imagine the horrors of a game this size w/o staggered access.

Thank you Bioware for not keeping your game up and not listening to these idiots. Should have pre-ordered if you wanted in on the first day of early access. Blame no one but yourselves.

So people on the 20th who buy the game will take turns logging in, like we who pre-ordered are doing? I would think that everyone who buys it will all log in close to the same time... But maybe not you never know bioware might make people take a number...

Unless, this is the launch but I thought it was just early access x.x..... o well.. league of legends! lol

Edited by NervZero