The 40 Year and Older "Professionals" Guild

Master-Pappy

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings! The Guild sounds great and something I'd like to be a part of. I'm a 46 y/o male, Systems Engineer from Philadelphia, PA USA. Was a WoW veteran for 5 years but finally burned out. Have been a SW fan since the very beginning and was thrilled to see it make it to MMO form.

I've been playing various toons since release, trying different classes and ACs, but haven't got anything past the second planet on either Republic or Empire. Just been doing a lot of exploring, learning and enjoying the game!

I've rolled a Jedi Knight on Sith Wyrm named "Neryss". Going to (try) to learn how to tank:) Feel free to look me up; I'm usually on nights after 7pm Eastern.

Hope to see you out there...

What a fantastic idea and I'd be thrilled to be part of of such a a guild.

I'm a mid-forties Vancouver (Canada) dweller

Have been rolling with some youngsters in a large guild and while they are all fine examples of the species, I often find myself missing some of the common ground that I can find with 40+ y/o professionals.

I'm completely open to roll a new character on any west-coast server and can see new life being brought to the game by being able to run in 2 or 4-player teams through the missions instead of the mad dash to level to 50.

Also, being able to run with more people who are in the same time-zone as I am, makes it a lot easier to team up when you get chance for some game time after work.

Might I encourage the founder-to-be to settle on a server as soon as possible? I think many are eager to get started - I know I am! Also, if you can share a character name as a contact on said server, it will be easier to reach out.

Looking forward to meet all of you in this thread and others out there who might feel that this is just the thing!

Cheers :-)

PS: A recommendation if I may: Been playing on a sparsely populated server since the start. Based on this experience, I suggest picking a server that is well populated. Hitting Hoth for example, I was 1 of 4 players on the planet throughout the missions there. Choosing aplanet with more life just makes everything more...well..lively..lol.

Edited by LahLahSr

Honestly, an east coast server probably wont work for me (and GF), but I see a few folks here on the West coast of N. America that are interested. I'm going to wait for the OP to respond on what BW says about future character transfers etc... then offer a West Coast server for folks. I'd only need a minimum of two others to certify a new guild on either our server (Darth Xedrix) or some other west coast server we agree on.

I'd also be willing to start and remain an officer of a IMP guild on the same server we end up on.

Keep checking back....:)

There are now 6 of us with characters on Sith Wyrm. I have added to friends list.

I have created a chat channel for us to use till guild goes live.

/cjoin Older

We can then talk to each other in game while not in party, works just like guild chat.

See you all in game.

There are now 6 of us with characters on Sith Wyrm. I have added to friends list.

I have created a chat channel for us to use till guild goes live.

/cjoin Older

We can then talk to each other in game while not in party, works just like guild chat.

See you all in game.

Rep or Imp? Just curious....;) Edit: Nevermind, it's late and I just saw that you rolled a trooper so that answers the question. SRY...:o

Edited by CyTrek

<snipped for brevity> ...

If we can roll a character on sith wyrm ,republic .Then post your character name in the thread . We need at least 4 of us to lvl to 10 so that we can name a guild and sign the charter from there we can then put the information on the first page .

If people are open at some point to communicate via skype then we can share contact info via Pm or guild chat .

Hopefully we can compete with stargeezers for geriatric server first on boss kills lol.

I think I can speak for all the wonderful folks on Sith Wyrm in welcoming the Older Republic Guild to the server. I do truly wish you the best with this new guild!

Edited by Tresshan

Wow this is really coming together it seems! And fast too - very nice.

Just for clarification:

Cytrek are you and Master-Pappy associated?

Is the consensus that the chosen server is Sith Wyrm?

I'd like to roll my new character right away if we're settled on a server and it looks like the friendly folks from Stargeezers (lol...gotta love that name) are rolling out the welcome mat for us. Just need the confirmation on the server..?

Cheers :-)

1. 42

2. Currently on Sith-Meditation

Reciprocity (14 Sith Warrior)

Anji (13 Twilek Smuggler)

Currently the game won't run for me. When it does, I play 2-3 hrs a few times a week. My schedule and playable hours are flexible.

I've been playing MMOs for about 10 years now. I played EQ for a couple years, then started playing COH in 2004 and have been with that ever since. I've also played Aion, LOTRO, and Guildwars.

My existing characters would remain on Sith-Meditation, but I am willing to create another.

Edited by SgtPandora

Created a character

Veris - Jedi Shadow

Level 10, joined the Older custom chat channel. Took slicing, so I can definitely throw some credits toward guild formation, since slicing is pretty much a license to print money :)

I'm only seeing 100ish ms latency playing cross-coast, so I would say people shouldn't worry too much about their physical location versus server location. Heck, I used to play WoW with a main tank who was logging on from Australia to our US server.

Hello ,

Ok I was the one that said i would help start the guild up ,we initially thought if we got some people from the same server then we would go with that ,but we are all spread out .

We have people on the thread from france ,I'am from uk and the majority from east ,west coast of America.

So we feel an east coast server would be the best .

Master papa has not replied to my most recent messages but there was an issue with my subscription so my posts might have been lost.I'am currently on 5 days free ,so I will just have to see what happens in 5 days.

But I'am keen to get things started because I dont want to spend time on characters that I wont play knowing I can be on a server with others of my age range .I didnt realise it but in my guild on wow I started to realise I may be playing with quite young people when our healer had to go brush his teeth and have a shower as we attempted a boss fight during a raid.I suspect others that had to go afk were not as truthful as this young lad.

Our Master erm papa ,asked me to pick an east coast server .

There is already a guild called stargeezers on "sith wyrm" they are a 30+ age admittance guild . On the thread we have "The older republic " as a popular guild name .

We will be pve and republic but the rest is up to us all to form friendships and find out which of us likes what and hopefully spend time with other like minded players .

I will start the guild with at least 3 people from this thread ,but as far as leadership I feel each member has an equal say in the way the guild functions just like it should operate in the real world .I personally just want this to happen ,so that I can enjoy the social aspect while not feeling like a parent .

If we can roll a character on sith wyrm ,republic .Then post your character name in the thread . We need at least 4 of us to lvl to 10 so that we can name a guild and sign the charter from there we can then put the information on the first page .

If people are open at some point to communicate via skype then we can share contact info via Pm or guild chat .

Hopefully we can compete with stargeezers for geriatric server first on boss kills lol.

I have contacted bioware to see if character transfers will become available or if we have to start our preferred main from scratch,as soon as I hear back I will post here.

I will get my char to level 10 and try and get our guild name picked then It will take you players to make it real.

Rolled a gunslinger named Kaarma on Sith Wyrm. Level 13 when i logged off

Greetings Overunitee,

I am Protocol Droid W3-P7, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us regarding a possible server transfer.

Unfortunately, at this time server transfer is not a service that we offer. While this may change in the future, currently we are unable to offer assistance with character transfer requests.

While we understand the frustration this may cause, we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience, regardless of which server they play on. As such server population balance and composition is something which we are constantly monitoring.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you require further assistance with this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Galactic Support is our speciality.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid W3-P7 aka Eufie

Based on the above response I shall treat my current characters as a trial .

I have rolled One of each class just so i can get similar names for them .

Names : Overunity

Overunityone

Overunitytwo

Overunityfour

Server : Sith Wrym

Faction : Republic

Should have the guild up and running in a day or so .

Cytrek I dont think your physical location will matter to much ,I want to roll A US server simply because europeans generally have many individual native languages and while most can understand some english its hard to communicate fluently .to me personally its like talking to ozyen fess on skype .

For me the guild will be a place that you know the members are at least your age range while the random players can be a lot younger and not likely to have much in common with.

If members choose to communicate via skype it won't matter too much whether your republic or you go for a spin on the dark side .

I can detect some fun in being able to talk to members of the guild while trying to defeat them at huttball .

I think I can speak for all the wonderful folks in Stargeezers Guild in welcoming the Older Republic Guild to Sith Wyrm! What a lovely idea ... a server of truly mature players! (Stargeezers' minimum is age 30, but we've got several players in their 60s, too .. and of course many in between.) We tend to be verrrry laid back, no pushing anybody to rush to 50 or do anything they'd rather not.

Mainly we're a bunch of friendly players who tend to be pretty chatty at times.... give us a shout or at least a wave when you see us! We'll do the same!

Again ... welcome to Sith Wyrm!

~Kate (aka Captain K'trelle in game)

http://www.stargeezers.guildlaunch.com

Thankyou kate see you soon .

1. 42

2. Currently on Sith-Meditation

Reciprocity (14 Sith Warrior)

Anji (13 Twilek Smuggler)

Currently the game won't run for me. When it does, I play 2-3 hrs a few times a week. My schedule and playable hours are flexible.

I've been playing MMOs for about 10 years now. I played EQ for a couple years, then started playing COH in 2004 and have been with that ever since. I've also played Aion, LOTRO, and Guildwars.

My existing characters would remain on Sith-Meditation, but I am willing to create another.

Hello could you share what the issue seems to be I have done quite a bit to get the game running nice ,Only to have to do more after each patch .

Bioware has some issues but nothing wrong with identifying potential issues you may be able to resolve .

Lots of things you can do ,but You may be a computer whizz and my suggestion could seem trivial .

One easy thing to do that speeded my system up was download a free trial of

AVG 2012 cleaned up my registry and defragged my hard drives .the program spent a lot of time in the SWTOR files location ,about 15minutes ,considering its recently installed I was surprised.

please dont hesitate to post you system I'am sure one of us can help.

Hi Overunitee, I'm Cybertek's other unholo half :D, and the only reason we'd find it hard to play on an East Coast server is the time difference.

If someone set an 8:00 EST Flashpoint/Heroic run, it doesn't give those of us on PST much time to get home from work, eat dinner and take care of things before jumping online.

I'm glad it's all coming together for you other coasters on Sith Wyrm!

Hi Overunitee, I'm Cybertek's other unholo half :D, and the only reason we'd find it hard to play on an East Coast server is the time difference.

If someone set an 8:00 EST Flashpoint/Heroic run, it doesn't give those of us on PST much time to get home from work, eat dinner and take care of things before jumping online.

I'm glad it's all coming together for you other coasters on Sith Wyrm!

If there's enough people that aren't east coasters, it's pretty unreasonable to assume all the group activities will be slavishly tied to whatever works best for EST people. If "those of us on PST" number more than say, 3 people, we can always schedule our own runs, can't we?