• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Melee gets in range

a) force run away

b) instant 8 second cc

c) knockback + root

d) shield and heal away till support arrives or either of the before options is available

e) just melt him

wow, so squishy

That would be the case if we were 31/31/31 spec'd.

If we swap talents for the root on knock back and you lose the DPS to melt people or to heal well

If you have good heals to heal till support arrives, you lose the root and the dps

If you have enough dps to burn people down before they can kill you, then don't get the root or the heals.

It is all trade offs.

Bwahahaha, tears in my eyes, so much laughing. Made my day.

lol instead of whining on forums and making yourself look like a bad why don't you go practice some. Sorc's aren't what you make them out to be, we are definitely a strong class, but you so grossly misunderstand them that all of your comments are pretty much worthless

You outplayed the melee. Good melee can tear a sorc up, bad melee get kited.

Read my post, I have a shadow AND a sage, "no good melee" has ever "torn up my sage". They cannot get near me with the amount of CC I have available and short cooldowns of these abilities.

I also have a Shadow which is my main, on my shadow I can tear up BAD PLAYERS which there are a lot of, but the sorcs with 1/2 a brain can easily lock me down, it's NOT hard to do. Once more sorcs / sages figure this out, then you will really see some whining.

I could play my Sage but I find it very easy and would rather have a challenge on my shadow.

Read my post, I have a shadow AND a sage, "no good melee" has ever "torn up my sage". They cannot get near me with the amount of CC I have available and short cooldowns of these abilities.

I also have a Shadow which is my main, on my shadow I can tear up BAD PLAYERS which there are a lot of, but the sorcs with 1/2 a brain can easily lock me down, it's NOT hard to do. Once more sorcs / sages figure this out, then you will really see some whining.

I could play my Sage but I find it very easy and would rather have a challenge on my shadow.

If you are losing 1v1 to a sorc as a melee (equal skill/gear), you're doing it wrong.

Glass cannon does mass DPS this is true, and should be such. But when glass cannon is a glass cannon AND has the CC to lock you down that my friend is called OP. 3 CC's at lvl 9 :cool:. My main is a 50 Sent. I also play a 38 Scoundrel and just recently rolled a sage to see what all the gripe is. @ lvl 18 i have more ways to lock someone down then my Melee 50 Sent. LOL for all the Sorc. trying to defend there class.

if sorc is supposed to be a glass cannon then they need a buff.. there is no cannon. And lol@ you for thinking a glass cannon shouldn't have utility (even though a sorc isnt a cannon)

lol instead of whining on forums and making yourself look like a bad why don't you go practice some. Sorc's aren't what you make them out to be, we are definitely a strong class, but you so grossly misunderstand them that all of your comments are pretty much worthless

Yeah cause pvp is all about 1v1 and not about 5 sorc heal / shield each other CC everyone and perma slow lightning around... People have to be blind if they do not see the problem.

If you are losing 1v1 to a sorc as a melee (equal skill/gear), you're doing it wrong.

If it's equal skill / gear the Sorc should win, they have more ways to keep me at range than I do to keep them in range. They don't have to have crazy burst when they have sustained damage + CC.

Then you have not faced any good melee or played well as a shadow against sorc/sage. I don't know what to say here, we are squishy and as a shadow you can invis ontop of us and start the fight in melee range, stun us when we try and sprint away, grip us back when we get out of range. You have plenty of ways to take us keep us at range 1v1 if you use all your skills.

Seriously "they cannot get near me" ...lawl.

And you are REALLY afraid of your sorc being nerfed. QQ I will enjoy tons of sorc tears in the near future :)

How are sorc's OP?

They can be hit by melee for the most damage, and the DPS Sorc's are almost as easy to interrupt their rotations as the Tracer Missile spammers.

If people would just learn to use your interrupts/stuns/knockbacks better than sorc's are not a problem.

I'd rather play against 5 Sorc's than play against 2 Operatives. I can't believe you people are crying for Sorc's/Sages to be nerfed. How about the 6k AE hits from Guardian/Juggernauts? What about the 700k+ damage Marauders? Why are you not crying about Scoundrels/Operative duo teams that are racking up 70 kills with 63 killing blows between them ? Vanguards/Powertechs with 100k Protection, 500k Damage and infinite interrupts? How can you seriously be crying about Sages/Sorcs?

People in this game need to go back to hellokitty island, whining about the Mage class who is ridiculously easy to kill is so pathetic. The only class in this game who should be whining about how much they need a buff is Assassin's/Shadow's. They're like a bad version of Operatives/Scoundrels with lower damage, survivability, and they're third in line for tanks. That being said, even Shadows can destroy Sorc's 1v1.

If you're a Scoundrel or Operative and you're whining because you think your class shouldn't be nerfed, then you need to go on youtube and watch some good players. Fully geared Vanguard tank gets taken from full to dead in 4 seconds by a brand new level 50 with NO gear. If you think that's fair then you're probably just a god awful player who is better at forum trolling.

How are sorc's OP?

They can be hit by melee for the most damage, and the DPS Sorc's are almost as easy to interrupt their rotations as the Tracer Missile spammers.

If people would just learn to use your interrupts/stuns/knockbacks better than sorc's are not a problem.

I'd rather play against 5 Sorc's than play against 2 Operatives. I can't believe you people are crying for Sorc's/Sages to be nerfed. How about the 6k AE hits from Guardian/Juggernauts? What about the 700k+ damage Marauders? Why are you not crying about Scoundrels/Operative duo teams that are racking up 70 kills with 63 killing blows between them ? Vanguards/Powertechs with 100k Protection, 500k Damage and infinite interrupts? How can you seriously be crying about Sages/Sorcs?

People in this game need to go back to hellokitty island, whining about the Mage class who is ridiculously easy to kill is so pathetic. The only class in this game who should be whining about how much they need a buff is Assassin's/Shadow's. They're like a bad version of Operatives/Scoundrels with lower damage, survivability, and they're third in line for tanks. That being said, even Shadows can destroy Sorc's 1v1.

If you're a Scoundrel or Operative and you're whining because you think your class shouldn't be nerfed, then you need to go on youtube and watch some good players. Fully geared Vanguard tank gets taken from full to dead in 4 seconds by a brand new level 50 with NO gear. If you think that's fair then you're probably just a god awful player who is better at forum trolling.

Thats a broad statement your making there chief and yah like five sorcs are gonna be interrupted for 4 secs and thats gonna make one hell of a difference.

Thats a broad statement your making there chief and yah like five sorcs are gonna be interrupted for 4 secs and thats gonna make one hell of a difference.

So you're upset that you can't kill all 5 sorc's in one hit?

FACT:

5 Operatives/Scoundrels POST NERF will destroy 5 Sorc/Sages.

Who would of thought that when you stack 5 of the same class they destroy the Warzones...

Was that too broad for you ?

Who would of thought that when you stack 5 of the same class they destroy the Warzones...

This is only really applicable to sage/sorc because stacking other classes carries the appropriate level of diminishing returns.

Edited by Valsdad

I find it absolutely fascinating that most Sages admit they are OP, yet ALL Sorcs ferociously deny it.

Will you shut up?

Sorcs are almost the exact same as Sages...where are the Sage OP threads?

No one complains about the Sage... Which leads me to believe we are NOT equal to the sorcerer...

Sage is NOT equal to Sorc. Delay in Project versus instant Shock is a huge difference. If any nerf will be applied to sage/sorc, I suggest adding a delay to Shock.

As a gunsliger I enjoy pvp a lot and I feel that this game is working quite good even with imbalance.

Anyway :

• My AC is easy to play BUT hard to masterize.
  • I have to use most of my skills to achieve great results.
  • If I'm playing with too many smugglers in my team, we are weaker than a more balanced team.
  • If I need to switch to defense during a fight, I have to use a lot of energy and push many buttons to do so, which mean that I'll be less of a threat for my opponent(s) in the mean time.
  • I can't top dps/kill charts AND heal / protect my teammates efficiently AND be a good runner/escaper.

I wish Sage and Sorcerer should follow many of those basic rules too. Maybe it's the case . But I have the feeling that it's not.

So out of curiosity what nerf would you (the reader) impose?

Attempting to un-derail this thread possibly into something constructive.

More obvious choices between roles and maybe slightly longer cooldowns on key abilities.

rofl ...

that really only works with sorc/sage

put say, 5 powertechs, in a warzone and see what happens...

If the powertechs know how to play they would be a force of unstopable fiery death. A well geared Powertech Pyrotech is awesome, stack them 5 deep and that would be crazy with significant mitigation for any damage going their way.

It was ops first, now it's sorcs, it'll be mercs next. You guys will never be happy because no matter how they balance the game they can't make you a better player. As long as you refuse to accept that you need to improve you will be stuck in mediocrity. Are sorcs powerful atm, yes, but are they these unkillable gods you guys make them out to be, no. You can kill a sorc pretty consistently if you know what you're doing.