Sorceror

Assassin

Mercenary

Juggernaught

Powertech

Marauder

Operative

Sniper

Don't you just hate it when yer in the huttball room and you see 4-5 Snipers in there? Dont you love it when you see 5-6 inquisitors in pvp gear?

/slitwrists

Sorcs wont win you Huttball games. Tanks backed by healers will.

Actually, the speedhack skill, combined with AoE knockback, makes a 2-sorc team an excellent ballcarrying unit.

Obviously, I'd vote Juggernaut for numero uno ball-carrier, but a Sorc is fine, too (c wut i did thur?).

Juggernauts/powertechs are best ball carriers, because obviously they are tanks and with theyr leaps + healer = insta score.

As 3rd best i would put sorc/assasin because of theyr shield, speed + other buffs.

Snipers/dps merc are the worst in huttball. Sure, mercs does alot of dmg and gets alot of medals in huttball but they dont win matches.

Also dps operatives quite sucks in huttball, maybe because i havent seen any operatives who does nothing else than bursts people down.

Edited by Horatsu

Well i can tell you that from my experience as a powertech we bring a great amount of utility to a huttball team. Guarding the ball carrier, dps debuffs, carbonise all help to get the ball over the line. I regularly play with a marauder friend and when i use guard on him, my cc and his use of predation to give us a 50% speed buff along with force leap means we win it for the team all the time. The sorcs are currently up on the balconys, spamming force lightning and being in just the right place for us to leap to to score.

Actually, the speedhack skill, combined with AoE knockback, makes a 2-sorc team an excellent ballcarrying unit.
Both of which Assassin tanks get, plus they get stealth, enemy pull, cc immunity and the best pvp cd in the game.

I'd actually rate Sorc DPS as not particularly great for Huttball, though Sorc Healers make excellent carrier support.

Well i can tell you that from my experience as a powertech we bring a great amount of utility to a huttball team. Guarding the ball carrier, dps debuffs, carbonise all help to get the ball over the line. I regularly play with a marauder friend and when i use guard on him, my cc and his use of predation to give us a 50% speed buff along with force leap means we win it for the team all the time. The sorcs are currently up on the balconys, spamming force lightning and being in just the right place for us to leap to to score.
Indeed. I'd also rate PT tanks as one of the best while playing defense. Edited by Khabarach

Tank speeced Assassin: stealth, aoe knockback, grapple, cc and dmg immunity, force speed, survivability

Juggernaught

Mercenary

Sorc

Powertech

Marauder

Sniper

Operative

Edited by Scyrar

There are no bad classes to play in Huttball, just bad players.

Not true. Some classes, like Sniper, are much less effective in a game like Huttball because people the focus of the match is constantly shifting throughout the field. In order for a sniper to be effective, they need to be somewhat statiionary.

List is completely wrong.

Well geared Juggernaught/Guardian with a pocket healer (Merc/Commando preferred) wins.

Must know how to use leaps effectively.

Everything else is equally useless.

Edited by Soazak

Both of which Assassin tanks get, plus they get stealth, enemy pull, cc immunity and the best pvp cd in the game.

I'd actually rate Sorc DPS as not particularly great for Huttball, though Sorc Healers make excellent carrier support.

Indeed. I'd also rate PT tanks as one of the best while playing defense.

Assassins can't pull eachother, though.

Once again, not saying Sorcs are TEH BEST BALLCARRRRZ EVAH, but they can certainly get the job done. First one sprints, pulls the second, second one sprints, pulls the first - and here they are, almost at the goal line already.

juggernaut

assassin

sorc

powertech

merc

marauders

sniper

Imperial operative

What wins huttball is the combination of cc, mobility, anti-cc and toughness.

Juggernauts exceed in all 4 categories followed by assassins. Sorcs have the same tools as assassins but are less tough and can't spec into the pull. They however have their friendly pull which is ridiculously good.

Powertechs fulfil all categories pretty well. Mercs are tough and have nice ranged and good cc. Marauders have nice group buffs and mobility but their melee range is a real hindrance. Snipers have good range and damage but unfortunate the turret style play is pretty useless in a map that requires mobility.

IO is the most useless class in this map. Though there are good tricks like aoe mez a group moving through the fire. Most of their tricks require competent other players, which never happens.

Edited by Orangerascal

Offense:

Juggernaught

Powertech

Sorceror

Assassin

Mercenary

Marauder

Operative

Sniper

Defense:

Powertech

Assassin (tank with pull)

Mercenary

Sorceror

Sniper

Operative

Marauder

Juggernaught

Powertech in the right spec is incredible in both offense an defense (charge and grapling hook in one class combined = win)

actually Marauders are pretty awesome as ballcarriers, especially Annihilation spec due to the 10 sec 80% speed boost aswell as Undying Rage + the aoe knockdown/blind and actually neither of these classes makes a "WIN" it's all about teamwork and knowing how to throw the ball. Edited by Eggas

Juggernauts/powertechs are best ball carriers, because obviously they are tanks and with theyr leaps + healer = insta score.

As 3rd best i would put sorc/assasin because of theyr shield, speed + other buffs.

Snipers/dps merc are the worst in huttball. Sure, mercs does alot of dmg and gets alot of medals in huttball but they dont win matches.

Also dps operatives quite sucks in huttball, maybe because i havent seen any operatives who does nothing else than bursts people down.

I echo this. Well played sentinel / marauder with multiple leaps somewhere up there too.

From my perspective as Assault trooper, we have capability to influence games to very large degree in Voidstar and Alderaan but we lack the control in Huttball.

When the opposing team has a good healer sorc I want to scream.

They're just so hard to drop before they can Extrication the BC near the line, especially if they are guarded with solid teamwork and all that. Never been rolled so hard or fast.

Edited by Poor_Grammar

Seeing the sniper at the bottom of best to worst list in huttball makes me laugh....

You don't only need good carriers in huttball, you also need good support.

The sniper is one of the best class around to cover a ball carrier, you can snare pursuers quite effectively, flashbang ennemies stacking up and make them fly far away... or even debilitate those who get too close.

As many people always focus the ball carrier, you have all the time you need to pop some heads around very fast...

The sniper is more mobile than most people could even think. You just need to set your cover half a second to instant snipe / followthrough / takedown (it doesn't take more than that to do significant damages ), and if you crit, you even get a 1.5s second ambush...

So , the sniper is definitivly not a good ball carrier, but a great support to get in huttball. But yeah, it doesn't mean sitting on your *** and shoot everything that comes in the middle of the arena...