Legacy system will not...

LESHILL

Why troll?

He has a valid point. A gimmick is not going to save this game, we need systems in place that most current MMOs already have.

People on this forum really need to learn what trolling is. That words gets tossed around for every thing. Disagree with me your a troll, give a valid argument your a troll, say something I do not like your a troll. Never seen that word used so much on an MMO forum like this one.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People on this forum really need to learn what trolling is. That words gets tossed around for every thing. Disagree with me your a troll, give a valid argument your a troll, say something I do not like your a troll. Never seen that word used so much on an MMO forum like this one.

Yep. I think some people associate the term with goats and bridges. That's the wrong kind of troll. See:

Trolling

Edited by Katharis

Be what saves this game . I've noticed a trend in a few interviews that devs mention how the legacy system will " blow" us away.

I'm sorry but if the gameplay remains clunky, the UI stays garbage and a requirement at 50 is to reroll in order to not get bored, then My guess is Pandas will look more intriguing everyday for some.

UI is being worked on, content will be added, as for clunky game play I actually don't know what you're refering to.

Why veil your lack of patience with some cockandbull story about needing to plan Alts.

Laughable.

The way legacy is right now is what is laughable. For instance, I have one toon that is already 50 and only legacy level 6. I have an alt that is level 21 and already legacy 8 or 9. Basically you get scr3wed on your first toon for legacy levels.

I've not seen any hard evidence that the game is dying - just people who don't like it(which is to be expected..lots of ppl don't like games....)

It's also a matter of prespective. Games like LOTRO and Warhammer are STILL around. They "died" because they did not meet expectations of the market...but they still are making money and have a playerbase.

If the goal of a game is to compete directly with WoW - then I am always hesitant to acknowledge the possibility. No matter how good or great your game is - competing with WoW is hard - WoW is successful because they've lured in social players and gamers who don't play any other game but log on for the community - and they have a huge female playerbase for various reasons.

This game has a long way to go before anyone can declare it dead and in need of "saving".

We'll see.

The way legacy is right now is what is laughable. For instance, I have one toon that is already 50 and only legacy level 6. I have an alt that is level 21 and already legacy 8 or 9. Basically you get scr3wed on your first toon for legacy levels.

what? now the troll are just making stuff up to complain about...

All due respect, the only thing this game needs saving from atm is the lack of decent threads on its forum.

You dont know what the legacy system will be like and therefore cant possibly predict what the effect will be on the game.

This....so much this.

"Simply because one criticizes the game doesn't mean that one doesn't like the game. In most cases, criticism comes from those who like the game but want to improve the game. Be less hostile to those who advocate for improvements."

If one feels the need to make this their sig, there's a good chance they're simply a chronic whiner / nit-picker.

Gameplay is being improved. UI will be made customizable. And legacy apparently does not require you to reroll (and even if it did, boo frakking hoo, you end-game people will get more and more content, this is cool for us alt-o-holics).

Please tell me you have a source for this. I've been reluctant to level my alts because I have no idea if the new legacy features will require us to rerolll...

Please tell me you have a source for this. I've been reluctant to level my alts because I have no idea if the new legacy features will require us to rerolll...

I think it was in an interview posted last week... I can't look for the source right now, do you mind if I try to locate it later, and PM you if I find it?

IIRC they mentioned "legacy levels", and that they want to take steps to ensure that people who want to focus on one character can have access to quite a bit of the legacy stuff... But they were unclear on the details.

This is the part that annoys me. It seems to me that if you don't have an alt you will be missing out on extra content or whatever the legacy will give to you when its released. So effectively they are forcing you to make alts.

This is so silly.

1) u earn legacy levels globally, even if you play only one char. thus it totally doesnt matter, besides that you earn more points killing higher stuff, meaning that an alt player will be slower leveling his legacy points than someone, who just grinds xp on his lvl 50.

2) u dont know what the legacy feats will be!

How about this: I am an Alt player and I gonna whine whine whine now, about how I do not want to have to spread out all my (future and potiencial and thus imaginary) legacy points across all my alts, while you!!! the hardcore-single-char-grinder not only make legacy levels faster BUT can focus all your legacy points on your one and only char! Now how unfair is THAT!?

(in case u havent noticed: that was irony)

please, someone shoot me for arguing with trolls. 8-)

This is so silly.

1) u earn legacy levels globally, even if you play only one char. thus it totally doesnt matter, besides that you earn more points killing higher stuff, meaning that an alt player will be slower leveling his legacy points than someone, who just grinds xp on his lvl 50.

2) u dont know what the legacy feats will be!

How about this: I am an Alt player and I gonna whine whine whine now, about how I do not want to have to spread out all my (future and potiencial and thus imaginary) legacy points across all my alts, while you!!! the hardcore-single-char-grinder not only make legacy levels faster BUT can focus all your legacy points on your one and only char! Now how unfair is THAT!?

(in case u havent noticed: that was irony)

please, someone shoot me for arguing with trolls. 8-)

I wasn't talking about points, I was referring to the family tree.

I struggle with the idea of an MMO based on creating alts. I just don't see that as a winning design long-term.

Hopefully in the near future there will be enough (and good enough) end-game content to cater to both groups, the end-gamers and the altoholics like me. It's still early, we'll see.

Be what saves this game . I've noticed a trend in a few interviews that devs mention how the legacy system will " blow" us away.

I'm sorry but if the gameplay remains clunky, the UI stays garbage and a requirement at 50 is to reroll in order to not get bored, then My guess is Pandas will look more intriguing everyday for some.

Why does this game need saving? I and I am sure many others are having fun playing.

The main issue with the legacy system at the moment is, like all things Bio-Ware develops, is a severe lack of information regarding certain issues, like how much of the legacy system will be tied to making new characters, or how much of it as available to pre-existing characters, and examples of what those features might be.

Were not asking for them to release every bit of info they have, but most of the people I've talked to, including myself have simply stopped creating alts altogether until more info is released. And that is not a good thing to have happening to an MMO that focus on the story aspect of the game.

Edited by Rainasa

I think it was in an interview posted last week... I can't look for the source right now, do you mind if I try to locate it later, and PM you if I find it?

IIRC they mentioned "legacy levels", and that they want to take steps to ensure that people who want to focus on one character can have access to quite a bit of the legacy stuff... But they were unclear on the details.

Please post here. I want to see that source as well.