Legacy system will not...

LESHILL

Be what saves this game . I've noticed a trend in a few interviews that devs mention how the legacy system will " blow" us away.

I'm sorry but if the gameplay remains clunky, the UI stays garbage and a requirement at 50 is to reroll in order to not get bored, then My guess is Pandas will look more intriguing everyday for some.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All due respect, the only thing this game needs saving from atm is the lack of decent threads on its forum.

You dont know what the legacy system will be like and therefore cant possibly predict what the effect will be on the game.

Be what saves this game . I've noticed a trend in a few interviews that devs mention how the legacy system will " blow" us away.

I'm sorry but if the gameplay remains clunky, the UI stays garbage and a requirement at 50 is to reroll in order to not get bored, then My guess is Pandas will look more intriguing everyday for some.

You have to pay Legacy XP in order to buy a passable UI. Lol.

So what part about the lagacy system do you not like?

The part where BW releases only tiny bits of information about a major part of a game we're already playing. How do you plan alts and the like without knowing more about the system that pertains to alts? I really like the game alot, and I play it whenever I have a chance, but this thing with the legacy system has me irked pretty hard.

They are already adding UI customization go look up their march patch video.....The combat is clunky? I feel that it runs smooth for me now, please go find something that's actually wrong with the game or hasn't been addressed yet especially when they have already announced they are adding it. The rerolling part I don't know I am a level 50 trooper tanking EV and KP once a week along with the flashpoints there is not much more Wow has to offer at end game that is much better...you sit in org/SW and wait for ques or log in once a week to raid at least this game makes rerolling alts a little more interesting with a story.

Edited by nevetss

People always seem to forget the fact that development teams are split. They were probably working on the legacy system far before beta.

People always forget that bigger issues with this game take longer to fix. Especially something like the FPS issue where they need to talk to ATI/nVidia.

Just because issue X is not fixed yet, does not mean they are not working on it. Would you rather have issue X be fixed, but caused a REAL game breaking issue Y because they did not test it enough?

Finally: Why does it matter? If you do not use alts, this really does not affect you. If you do, hey you get a nice bonus of whatever they plan to do with it.

It is like people complaining about the founder title.

The part where BW releases only tiny bits of information about a major part of a game we're already playing. How do you plan alts and the like without knowing more about the system that pertains to alts? I really like the game alot, and I play it whenever I have a chance, but this thing with the legacy system has me irked pretty hard.

Why veil your lack of patience with some cockandbull story about needing to plan Alts.

Laughable.

Finally: Why does it matter? If you do not use alts, this really does not affect you. If you do, hey you get a nice bonus of whatever they plan to do with it.

This is the part that annoys me. It seems to me that if you don't have an alt you will be missing out on extra content or whatever the legacy will give to you when its released. So effectively they are forcing you to make alts.

This is the part that annoys me. It seems to me that if you don't have an alt you will be missing out on extra content or whatever the legacy will give to you when its released. So effectively they are forcing you to make alts.

It called a timesink and Bioware says its fun so have fun.

I am interested and love to create more alts, but holding off, as I don't know what options or benefits I will see with the legacy system....hoping that in February they provide a little detail and also hoping it is not released towards the end of March.

I'm sorry but if the gameplay remains clunky

I actually like the gameplay. Force-leaping into battle with my juggernaut, swinging my lightsaber around, force-choking and screaming at enemies until they succumb underneath my power feels fantastic.

the UI stays garbage

They're giving us an ability to customize that.

and a requirement at 50 is to reroll in order to not get bored,

The fact you're expecting a newly-released MMO to have fully fleshed out endgame is hillarious.

Any other complaints?

Pandas will look more intriguing than TOR when space monkeys fly out of my butt.

No matter what problems TOR may have (and i've experienced most of them and still log in every day and enjoy playing imensely) nothing would compel me to go back to that grinding waste of time.

TOR may have its faults, but i'd take clunky gameplay (which its not), a garbage UI (which its not) and rerolling at 50 (which is neither necessary or less than fun) over WoW.

The only thing you said that had any merit was "I'm sorry".

Clunky Gameplay = Opinion. I think it flows well...It'll flow incredibly well once the ability lag is completely fixed (which they are working actively on as a priority 1 fix.)

UI Garbage = Opinion. I don't find much issue with it anymore now that I'm used to it. I suspect people are just complaining about it to complain these days

Alts = optional. You don't have to have a million alts to cap legacy levels. you can easily get to legacy 25 without ever rolling an alt but its going to be a fun system for people like me that like to roll alts.

Kinda blew your argument out of the water didn't I?

UI Garbage = Opinion. I don't find much issue with it anymore now that I'm used to it. I suspect people are just complaining about it to complain these days

Indeed my only UI gripe is being unable to open three windows at the same time. There's definitely space for it on my monitor...

Why veil your lack of patience with some cockandbull story about needing to plan Alts.

Laughable.

Um, because in the short (very short) video he talks about "new" alts. Which begs the question whether it will be retroactive to alts already rolled (which I have not seen an answer to). I've seen more than one post of people that are putting off rolling alts until they know how legacy is actually going to work.

But hey, laugh all you want.

Why troll?

He has a valid point. A gimmick is not going to save this game, we need systems in place that most current MMOs already have.

No we do not NEED them. I am perfectly fine without the "MUST HAVE" LFD feature.

Name one feature that we NEED. As in we cannot possibly play the game without it?

Mods? The majority of the player base will not use mods, yeah lets have the devs focus on that instead of fixing bugs.

Customizable UI? It is coming. But please, can somebody please tell me what is so horribly wrong with the UI? I find no issues with it.

Recount? While a agree that a "PERSONAL" recount might be beneficial, we do not really NEED it. If you really wanted to, you can do it yourself by using MATH! Pick a guy, get rid of your companion, write down his health and the time it took for you to kill him. That is an average dps if you take [total health] / [seconds to kill].

Edit: I know the above will not give you a graph that says Ability X did THIS much.

Edited by Nighthawked

No we do not NEED them. I am perfectly fine without the "MUST HAVE" LFD feature.

Name one feature that we NEED. As in we cannot possibly play the game without it?

Mods? The majority of the player base will not use mods, yeah lets have the devs focus on that instead of fixing bugs.

Customizable UI? It is coming. But please, can somebody please tell me what is so horribly wrong with the UI? I find no issues with it.

Recount? While a agree that a "PERSONAL" recount might be beneficial, we do not really NEED it. If you really wanted to, you can do it yourself by using MATH! Pick a guy, get rid of your companion, write down his health and the time it took for you to kill him. That is an average dps if you take [total health] / [seconds to kill].

Edit: I know the above will not give you a graph that says Ability X did THIS much.

I am glad you are happy but the simple truth is the game can't stay competitive without them.