The point people are missing about so-called 'Early Access'

Demorgoth

your an idiot.. and stop hitting yourself in the head. and yes 1 hour still counts as a head start even 2 minutes.

so I'm an idiot for telling you to not panic in your thinking that you'll only get in an hour before release day? maybe you need to re-read that... was making the point that pretty much everyone will be in game the next couple days, and to relax, but apparently you read something different.

apparently I didn't type an "appropriate" length to my post for you to understand my point, but for what it's worth, when you've been killing time looking through countless threads of all the same garbage...you're gonna get lazy eventually

Edited by KyrusValo

Well I've given up about me early access.. all my friends and guildies are in their 20's 30's already... So much for me even playing with them and leveling with them. so those plans are all shot to hell.

Blame yourself for not pre-ordering with your friends or blame them for not waiting for you. My friends that got in on day one hit level 15 and are waiting for me to catch up.

Even Rift did it right, Open tons of servers then just give free transfers.

Bioware has gone on record saying that's exactly what they are trying to avoid. People get invested in their servers just like they do their characters and it's actually VERY unhealthy to have a ton of low-pop servers. It's equally unhealthy to have everyone stuck in queues all night.

By the time a lot of us actually get in it wont be a early access anymore cause by rights even if we only get in 1 hour before official release, the company will feel justified and say yes you got in early even if its only for an hour..

Much like above if you read more than you wrote you would know that today's e-mails will get up through November and tomorrow's will cover the rest. That means I am getting the 5 days promised early access even though I was indecisive on which version I wanted to buy. The only people getting in one hour early are the people that pre-order 1 hour early.

Even Rift did it right, Open tons of servers then just give free transfers.

This is what actually killed Rift. The problem was that their were so many servers and people were so spread out there were servers that were full and servers that were empty and while Trion got the coding down to handle server transfers huge numbers of people quit the game. I would rather this rolling early entry than what happened in Rift and kiled it.

Edited by Varkin

I love how in one thread people complain that people can finish the game * get to level 50 * in like a day. But when it comes to the fact they didnt get in on day one to early access they are all like it will take me months of grinding to catch up to my friends.. whine whine whine.

It is either.. to easy to level to level 50 and you can catch your friends in a day or two max and nice friends will either create an alt to help you or give you money and **** to level

or 2) this game is to hard and no one is massively out leveling your as of yet made character

You cant have your cake and eat it too. The situation can not be both to hard and to easy to fit your specific whine thread.

This is what actually killed Rift. The problem was that their were so many servers and people were so spread out there were servers that were full and servers that were empty and while Trion got the coding down to handle server transfers huge numbers of people quit the game. I would rather this rolling early entry than what happened in Rift and kiled it.

I dunno where you got your info, but rift is still going strong.

I love how in one thread people complain that people can finish the game * get to level 50 * in like a day. But when it comes to the fact they didnt get in on day one to early access they are all like it will take me months of grinding to catch up to my friends.. whine whine whine.

It is either.. to easy to level to level 50 and you can catch your friends in a day or two max and nice friends will either create an alt to help you or give you money and **** to level

or 2) this game is to hard and no one is massively out leveling your as of yet made character

You cant have your cake and eat it too. The situation can not be both to hard and to easy to fit your specific whine thread.

My personal opinion is if you can get to max level in 72 hours that is just WAY to fast. It seems like every MMO recently is making it take less and less time to get to max level. Soon we will just start out at max level.

Now I surely dn't want to get back to EQ1 release of a month of grindng to get a level, but it is starting to feel to quick in most new MMOs for my liking.

The problem is 24 hours is too long for some and 5 months is to short for others. It just seems to me that the instant gradification crowd is taking over.

I dunno where you got your info, but rift is still going strong.

Ummm I am leaving Rift for SWTOR, it is not going strong. They have lost so many people in the past 6 months it is crazy. 4 guild merges and 2 server transfers just to keep enough people in guilds to be able to raid high end content. They lost over 35% of their subs in the past 3 months after the loss of about 40% in the months from launch to 3 months ago is hardly "going strong". If there were more people to play with I would still be playing that gsme, I actually love the game, it is just not fun without others to play with.

If I want to play a RPG alone I will play Skyrim. Like I am about to do now right now while I wait for the next round of invites.

Edited by Varkin

If anything (as much as I can understand the OP whish to get in at the same time of his/her friends) replies to threads like these show how little people read before posting, making assumptions and the like. >.<

There is a stickied post by Stephen Reid saying that today they will send invite waves up to the last week of Nov or so. Which means that by Friday basically everyone who has pre-ordered is going to get in, leaving the "less lucky" (or better put, the late ones) with 4 days of EGA.

The term 'early access' only has relevence to an MMOer when it relates to other people on the server. When the player actually starts playing the game is irrelevent. Many MMOers would pay to get a head start on their fellow MMOers, but very few would pay to move a global start date a few days. We can adjust around a start date, whenever it is, and focus on that date. Most of us are experienced enough at MMO launches to know 'EGA' or 'Headstarts' will be full these days. They're not so much a head start now, more a 'don't get left behind'

My 'early access' is now 'several days LATER' than the rest of a 'full' server. My 'early access' is now serveral days later than friends and guildies. Many of those people playing today would've been equally annoyed if others had been playing for a week already, even if they are playing now. Whether they want to admit it or not, playing from the very START of a MMO is exciting - forging new ground, treading virgin snow, seeing and doing things noone has seen or done before in a world that will be around for years to come.

Now the choice will be whether to join a full server with people L20, L30+ already, or pick a brand new clean server. Friends, and several guilds I had invites to, are spread across various servers but all thoughts of moving as a unit through content is out of the window now. I prefer to lead from the front, so joining at L1 when those I run with are L20+ really doesn't appeal to me.

I'm not QQing. I'll either join an 'old' server, or pick a brand new one. My choice, and I'll make it based on the pros and cons. Mostly depends on the queues when I get in. I just wanted to explain to the fanbios why 'it says 'up to'!' or 'seven days is more than five!' doesn't make much difference to us, no matter how many times you yell it in our faces

You are QQing.

I have early access. I am not playing. I have played briefly here and there but it does not bother me in the least bit that people have gotten 'ahead' of me. What does that mean to me? It means lower zones will be less crowded when I finally get in. It means that the Origin worlds wont be laggy hellholes, and it means not having to idle around 45 minutes waiting to get a shot at the quest mobs.

I am not playing because my girlfriend does not have her access yet and we intended to roll a Sith Warrior/Sith Inquisitor combo. I am perfectly content with not playing the game as I intend or desire until she gets in.

I have played around on my Imperial Agent a little, but not too seriously. Really, I do not understand the obsession people have over not being the first in or being beaten to the higher levels. Fun fact, most of the origin world is soloing anyways. Unless everyone in your group of friends intended to roll on the same starting planet, you wouldn't be playing together for sometime anyways.

P.S - I've had early access since day one. Want to know why? I read that Early Access would be based upon pre-order redemption. I put my order in on the 22nd, redeemed my code on the 23rd. If you wanted to be in early, you should have done the same.