Stuff i wish i knew from day 1

mhjam

Wish I had known the color of the item I can make as an Armstech has nothing to do with its ability to level my skill up. Its the little colored dots on the right hand side I should have been paying attention too.

If I had known that I'd be rich right now. Not scrapping pennies at 35.

I blame the interface on that one. What is WORST is that you can sort by rating (why isn't it sort by this by default is unknown to me) which give you the number. The higher the number, the harder it is.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....the area loot option in your preferences. Discovered it yesterday :) Handy lil bugger.

Yea. I discover this about 1 week after playing and then proceed to slap myself silly because I have been clicking EACH corpse.

Also, you can access your ship inventory on other planets via finding the key symbol on your map.

Note: I am GLAD they finally fix the inventory bug on the ship inventory (didn't auto stack) BUT there is a minor bug. It won't stack upto 99 automatically. so when you have a stack of 60 on ship and 49 in your inventory, when you right click, it will drop the 49 into the ship without stacking, you need to drag and drop and it will change to 99 and 19, BUT if you have 60 and 12, it will auto stack to 72. go figure huh?

And yes, you can CRAFT with mats in your ship inventory, when you cancel it will appear in YOUR inventory instead of ship so be careful when mass selling ;)

If you do all and every single mission you come across you will be way above level (+5ish) most of the time. Nice if you like things easy, but makes missions (a lot) less challenging. You will also outlevel your gear rewards and most vendor offerings on that planet.

Gray missions in your log give you 5XP and normal amount of creds.

A lot of (most?) planets have bonus missions at the end that get kicked off by a char near/in the starport or maybe the orbital. These missions play pretty much like content from the next planet you'd hit, with higher level foes and rewards. Sometimes you need to access to these bonus areas to get to a datacron.

The Op (?) and Sin (Force Cloak) abilities to exit combat allow you to grind down tough mobs. Kill one, exit combat, heal up, repeat. Don't take too long or the foes will start spawning again.

Stealth chars can solo some heroics without a single fight.

Chars with stuns can grab chests that are guarded by a single foe (who can be stunned, so not champions).

Space combat dailies = easy creds and tons of XP (unless they list in gray in your log). Invest in the first level ship upgrades at the fleet, as they are cheap, help a ton and you will earn the creds back in no time.

Ship's upgrade: Power converter - "power to shields". They are not just saying it, they mean it. Set converter to blasters when you fight. Learn where the breaks are and set them to shields.

If you have the habit - like me - to throw your buff on random people you come across, take note that folks whose name displays in green are flagged for PvP and buffing them will flag you for PvP, too!

Terminal Injuries heroic on Nar Shadda - the droids you are supposed to repair do two things: chew gum and kick butt, and they are all out of gum. Given enough time they will clear pretty much the whole area for you and the kills count for your bonus.

Been playing for a while, thought I was pretty knwledgeable until one day I discovered that some of your companions come with Green weapons that act just like Orange weapons and have 4 moddable slots...

Ensign Temple and Malavai Quinn have Green "Orange" weapons... there may be others, but I tossed them all!

Don't toss those guns/swords/staves until you look at them!

That CNTRL+U twice is the same as WOW's "/reload ui". Quiting the game and logging back in to be able to interact with the UI was sucking the fun out, until I learned this one.

That you DON'T need a mod station to mod stuff. OMG.

That Reverse Engineering green items unlocks blue recipes, but more importantly, that Reverse Engineering blue items unlocks EPIC recipes.

That you can choose which action bar your pet's action bar expands to, and that your pet learns new skills occassionally and with no warning. It's really good to read the tooltips on your companion as well as your own skills.

Been playing for a while, thought I was pretty knwledgeable until one day I discovered that some of your companions come with Green weapons that act just like Orange weapons and have 4 moddable slots...

Ensign Temple and Malavai Quinn have Green "Orange" weapons... there may be others, but I tossed them all!

OMG really? /cry.

Wow. I didn't know that :( This thread helped me. but I am sad that I sold all the old stuff :(

Wow. I didn't know that :( This thread helped me. but I am sad that I sold all the old stuff :(

It's not all of them... Kaliyo and Vette come with regular green guns. Someone told me in old beta all the comps came with moddable guns but they took them out. Maybe just an incomplete move by the devs...

I blame the interface on that one. What is WORST is that you can sort by rating (why isn't it sort by this by default is unknown to me) which give you the number. The higher the number, the harder it is.

'Tain't always so. If you've RE'ed some stuff to better recipes, it can be grey and higher rating than something which will give you a skillup. Which makes sense, because you could hardly invent something that you couldn't make, so the RE'ed blues and purples are the same 'difficulty' as their base green recipe, though their rating can be higher than the next 'tier' of trainer-taught schematic.

That keeping your default attack on right click is silly because you have to click on them for it to work. Just bind it to another key and your guy will auto-shoot without having to click on them. Just tab to them and press. Edited by Ashyel

That I could have used the shuttle to go to the Fleet to get crew skills has early has level 1

That I should have been Reverse Engineering all the low level items that I was NPCing

That I should only be looking for Upgradeable equipment

That running the Space missions is a great way to earn some quick EXP and Credits

That trying to sell green and blue quality items on the GE is pretty much a waste of time

That it is much more cost effective to use commendations to buy upgrades for existing upgradable equipment

That if you truly need the item it’s ok to need on it

To make sure that I watch my health and to heal after every battle

My 1st and only character is currently level 25.

I’ve only got about 45k in credits.

I’ve yet to RE any items.

I still have to buy my license and my mount.

I’m way below what my Crafting and gathering skill levels should be.

“You got to live and learn”

I just figured this one out not too long ago. I actually didn't turn on 'Loot area' because I didn't want to be a db and not let everyone else in the group in on loot. Then I watched as a group mate looted a corpse that did NOT have a light sticking out of it. Moral: Group mates often have different enemies to loot than you do, but sometimes it's the same.

Also found out a while ago, but I still don't think everyone knows this: When you kill a mob, the color of light coming out of them can be different colors indicating different things such as mission objectives, trash loot, green items, blue items, and purple items.

I just figured this one out not too long ago. I actually didn't turn on 'Loot area' because I didn't want to be a db and not let everyone else in the group in on loot. Then I watched as a group mate looted a corpse that did NOT have a light sticking out of it. Moral: Group mates often have different enemies to loot than you do, but sometimes it's the same.

Also found out a while ago, but I still don't think everyone knows this: When you kill a mob, the color of light coming out of them can be different colors indicating different things such as mission objectives, trash loot, green items, blue items, and purple items.

When you are grouped, credits get divided up and you roll on everything Green and up, so it does not matter who loots except for grey items. And you are right, sometimes you have access to things they don't.

I wish I knew BH is so much fun and started playing him from day 1.

I started playing one as well, Bounty Hunter and it's very much easier compared to all classes of the republic.

Anyway, I notice the eye color change from brown to orange (in-game) after hitting dark I. Not sure if it'll turn red after hitting higher dark. Still brown when I log out.