The FUTURE of this game.

sjwho

i was refering to guild wars when i said it's not a mmorpg.

SWtor is a mmorpg on paper, but it was designed more like a single player game with co-op option in a mmorpg enivorment. You can technically interact with hundreds of people at the same time, but you had no reason to do so in this game.

now when you mentioned the max amount of players in per instance.. anyone who played RO missed the massive player formed market places in prontera? or how people stock up potions and formed player stores to sell them in dungeons? Those were the good days.

Yeah its easy to get player towns on screen when the player avatars are SNES sprites.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A whole lotta people who didn't play GW1, are going to be massively dissapointed when they realise GW2 isn't the holy grail of gaming.

There is a reason GW1 isn't the most played MMO around, it's not a fantastic game. Good, but not great. :)

Let me predict the future by release dates. Sounds odd doesn't it?

3/6/2012. Mass Effect 3.

-You will lose half your pve fanbase if not more. ANY pve goodies in this game are already dwarfed by ME 1 and 2. 3 now has co-op. GOODBYE PVE.

Summer/Fall 2012.

-You will lose all your PVP. That is, if people don't get fed up with the horrible statis of it as is. Guild Wars 2 will, of course, destroy this game's pvp in every way from graphics to gameplay to sound. Though i doubt many people will stick to this game's pvp when its pretty bad as is.

GOODBYE PVP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That is, if its not F2P in the next 6 months.

Which just leaves the Star Wars supporters and players who enjoy solo play, more interaction with companions in a solo environment please BW. Less money spent on raiding content as the "hardcore" pvers will leave when ME3 comes out according to the above. And no point spenting time & effort on arena as all the "hardcore" pvp will leave when GW2 is released according to the above.

This game will become the solo/casual players paradise, I cant wait.

wait. You think SWTOR is an mmorpg/??

Its more of a single player game with co-op. Actually, it fits singleplayer a lot more than MMO.

Unfortunately it certainly does feel this way. I know it's an MMO strictly speaking but it doesn't feel like one.

Massive. Online. Role-Playing Game... Your playing to your own personal nostalgic experience with the origins of this genre. Sand-box, grind... Again, the genre has and continues to move in a different direction, maintains the definition (albeit, watered down from its predecessors). I too, played those 'original' styled mmo's... Things are different now.

lol mmorpg changed so much that people actually called games that are same as diablo 2 as a mmorpg? There got to be a base line in the whole genre no matter how much it evolved in the last 10 years.

Calling games like guild war where you met people in a town hub, and go to an instnaced place with your teamates *cough cough diablo 1 and 2 and basically any other action games with online function* is not a mmorpg

it has nothing to do with sandbox or grind. It has everything to do with the "massive" part of the mmorpg, which is the amount of players you can interact with at the same time at the same place real time. That was why Diablo was never labeled a mmorpg back then, nor people would pay monthly fee for it.

Edited by edgalor

Dont loose heart,all i think SWTOR should do for pvp is let you choose which warzone u go into because i realy dont like hutball, thats it. But i think the dungeons are brilliant, just give the game a chance to spread its wings.

A whole lotta people who didn't play GW1, are going to be massively dissapointed when they realise GW2 isn't the holy grail of gaming.

There is a reason GW1 isn't the most played MMO around, it's not a fantastic game. Good, but not great. :)

QFT

10char

Edited by Halofax

I refuse to come back until Mordor is put in. No true pvp, and the game felt way to much like WoW when i played it. I was a champion i think it was called. Used a spear and an offhand sword. It was fun.

Also back in them days my computer wasnt the Tim Tebow Horse it is today.

LOTRO was a purty game those days.

Lame.. now i want to play lotro.

It's still a nice looking game. To be honest it's better looking than SWTOR in my opinion.

The graphics aren't as high of quality, but the environments are a lot more life-like and interesting.

The game-play also has a lot more more depth. You can construct you own legendary weapons and relics to customize your character, which I prefer over those Skill Tree things, which I am absolutely sick of.

Edited by JeremyDale

Which just leaves the Star Wars supporters and players who enjoy solo play, more interaction with companions in a solo environment please BW. Less money spent on raiding content as the "hardcore" pvers will leave when ME3 comes out according to the above. And no point spenting time & effort on arena as all the "hardcore" pvp will leave when GW2 is released according to the above.

This game will become the solo/casual players paradise, I cant wait.

yeah I hope that is actually going to happen, the sooner we shed 'all' these "hardcores" and possibly the "pvppers", the better

they are 10% of population but stink and scream like they were the majority, ruining the game for the sane 90%. kick em out

yeah I hope that is actually going to happen, the sooner we shed 'all' these "hardcores" and possibly the "pvppers", the better

they are 10% of population but stink and scream like they were the majority, ruining the game for the sane 90%. kick em out

Occucy Outlaws Den. Bring your stuff.

i was refering to guild wars when i said it's not a mmorpg.

SWtor is a mmorpg on paper, but it was designed more like a single player game with co-op option in a mmorpg enivorment.

Funny that as someone who has played MMO's both FPS & RPG for 15+ years as well as single player games, i'd say that Swtor has not lived upto the hype that it is a single player friendly game.

Single player

Class quests

Generic Quests

Space combat (purely awfull when compared to Privateer 2 10+ yrs ago)

MMO Content

Heroic quests

Flashpoints

Operations

Illum

Pvp warzones

lol....

Don't worry, you won't have to kick me out, I'll leave on my own after March if the Legacy thing fails to impress.

I"m glad you solo/casual gamers are enjoying this so called MMORPG so much. I really don't know why you would want to pay 15 bucks every month though to solo an alt through the same content when you could jsut go buy a brand new action/adventure game next month and get a completely new experience lol

But hey, w/e floats your boat.

When you play that action adventure game you will be playing targetted scripted single player content.

Some people enjoy being in a theme park with their friends.

Its all opinion.

BTW man, you should prolly just jet out, the legacy system is built around leveling alts lol.

When you play that action adventure game you will be playing targetted scripted single player content.

Some people enjoy being in a theme park with their friends.

Its all opinion.

BTW man, you should prolly just jet out, the legacy system is built around leveling alts lol.

You can play those games with friends too. Almost all action/adventure games these days have an online co op mode, which is basically all SWTOR is anyways....

I don't see the difference.

I had a blast playing Borderlands with friends online for example, which feels almost exaclty like SWTOR does btw. Now why would I want to pay 15 bucks a month so i can replay borderlands as a different class when I can just go out and buy Borerldands2 when it comes out? Thatis my point.

I would never pay a monthly fee to level up alts on a game I already bought.

Edited by JeremyDale

10 Million x 50 - $130 = a whole lot more than $200 million. Bioware for the win.

Starwars The New Republic digital deluxe edition coming soon.

You have to be kidding me. Only Sony wants to milk this cow at this point.:mad:

But I got my money's worth so far and I'm level 38. I would like the old Starwars Galaxies sandbox back in a new and updated game but there is no money in it. It has to be someones vision to make something like that happen again. You all abandoned it anyways just like me.

Well...I must live in fantasy land then cause all of the ones I play have them lol

The game presented in this thread as an "online co-op" game is Mass Effect 3.

Except you dont play as shepard, and its short "semi-relevant" side missions.

Yeah, thats the same as 8-9 planets 6-7 flashpoints 2 raids and what, 12 space missions?

The game presented in this thread as an "online co-op" game is Mass Effect 3.

Except you dont play as shepard, and its short "semi-relevant" side missions.

Yeah, thats the same as 8-9 planets 6-7 flashpoints 2 raids and what, 12 space missions?

I didn't even mention Mass Effect 3. I was using borderlands in my example. I'm not going to debate a comparison I didn't even make with you lol

You can play those games with friends too. Almost all action/adventure games these days have an online co op mode, which is basically all SWTOR is anyways....

I don't see the difference.

I had a blast playing Borderlands with friends online for example, which feels almost exaclty like SWTOR does btw. Now why would I want to pay 15 bucks a month so i can replay borderlands as a different class when I can just go out and buy Borerldands2 when it comes out? Thatis my point.

I would never pay a monthly fee to level up alts on a game I already bought.

Which part of borderlands involved 16 people?

Which part of borderlands involved 16 people?

I don't really see how the presence of one or two 16 man raids make that big a difference. If that justifies paying 15 bucks a month go for it, but most people are not very impressed with this game's "endgame" content and are playing it for their solo story modes, which is exactly the kind of gamer I was responding to with this reference.

Simply put, if you are after Solo story-based gameplay with the option of teaming up with your friends on, there are better ways to enjoy this kind of content IMHO. Trying to reherse the same old content over and over again through "alts" sounds like a waste of money to me.

Edited by JeremyDale

This game was what I expected. A good Kotor game with a mediocre mmorpg shoved in it. Ill play it for its kotor story until I get bored. GW2 will come and Ill be there until theres new story for me to devour in this game and then drop again.

The pvp in this game really is terrible and the endless raid treadmill never interested me. This game wont hold my interest past the story but that's ok. That's what I expected.