Clone Wars Series and Ahsoka Tano

Prehistoric

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. He's credited as Creator and Executive Producer, and has input on the stories (of course), but not as a writer.

He's a lot more involved in TCW than in most other EU...and one of his children wrote a few episodes as I recall, and they weren't bad (of course, scripts usually have lots of input from many sources, if not additions/revisions by other writers). He may not be the one to come up with the idea for Ahsoka's exit from the series, but I'm sure it'll be run by him and he'll probably just say "Yeah, go with it." TCW's the most 'canon' thing aside from the movies...and far superior to at least a couple of them :D

Nah. He's credited as Creator and Executive Producer, and has input on the stories (of course), but not as a writer.

Then it is G-Canon. Anything that he creates is G-Canon. Except for the Holiday Special, which he has been trying to bury for decades.

IIRC, Lucas was involved personally in a number of episodes, like the Mortis arc. And in season 2, one of the extras had Dave Filoni explaining that they were really hesitent about using Mustafar when Lucas suggested it and he had to convince them that it was a mining operation before Sidious planted the CIS Council there and so Anakin stumbling in there briefly wouldn't be a big deal.

IIRC, Lucas was involved personally in a number of episodes, like the Mortis arc. And in season 2, one of the extras had Dave Filoni explaining that they were really hesitent about using Mustafar when Lucas suggested it and he had to convince them that it was a mining operation before Sidious planted the CIS Council there and so Anakin stumbling in there briefly wouldn't be a big deal.

Actually, from what I saw in Episode III, even before The Clone Wars series, it seemed obvious that Mustafar had been a major mining/smelting operation for quite a long time. So I see nothing odd about Anakin having visited Mustafar at some time before his epic duel with Obi Wan.

Actually, from what I saw in Episode III, even before The Clone Wars series, it seemed obvious that Mustafar had been a major mining/smelting operation for quite a long time. So I see nothing odd about Anakin having visited Mustafar at some time before his epic duel with Obi Wan.

That's exactly what GL had to convince them of, actually. That Anakin and Obi-wan can't visit Mustafar because of their eventual duel there.

Anyways; here's something I picked up on. In the Codex for TOR, it explains the Republic uses "sir" for a military honorific regardless of gender/species/etc because of the vast diversity of the military. In TCW, the Clones always use 'Sir', even when talking to female Jedi. Intentional minor collaboration, possibly?

That's exactly what GL had to convince them of, actually. That Anakin and Obi-wan can't visit Mustafar because of their eventual duel there.

Anyways; here's something I picked up on. In the Codex for TOR, it explains the Republic uses "sir" for a military honorific regardless of gender/species/etc because of the vast diversity of the military. In TCW, the Clones always use 'Sir', even when talking to female Jedi. Intentional minor collaboration, possibly?

That is a very minor thing, but yes, usually expanded universe producers are cooperating in what they make.

Though I doubt the "Sir" thing is because of cooperation and more because ma'am sounds out of place in Star Wars, equality between genders seem to be absolute in Star Wars.

I'm glad they seem to be going for a certain amount of continuity with the game and the movies/tv series. If you watched the various Star Trek series, they do the same thing - All higher ranking officers are addressed as "sir," regardless of gender.

Who is the Jedi chick that looks like Ahsoka in RoTS and dies during Order 66 when she and the clone troops were in that jungle of some sort? I always thought maybe that was Ahsoka, as there's no reference to who else she might be.

There was no Jedi that looked anything like Ahsoka in ROTS, except Shaak Ti who only appeared in hologram-form. She actually was supposed to die in the film--twice!--but both death scenes were cut...

...so she went on to survive Order 66 to be featured in The Force Unleashed, on Felucia I think. That's probably the jungle world you're thinking of (a jungle of fungus), but in ROTS it's Aayla Secura who dies there. She's a blue Twi'lek, not a red Togruta like Ahsoka & Shaak.

Ahsoka dying would help the story imo. Another death that Anakin couldnt prevent helps his reasoning for joining the dark side in order to learn new powers to try and save Padme. His weakness was not being able to control everything. Seeking the power to control everything is what sent him to the dark side Edited by Solbjorn

I imagine...

1. She dies.

2. Maybe she turns to the dark side for some reason, and Anakin is forced to A. Banish her or B. put her down

3. Is exiled for one reason or another.

4. She was a figment of Anakin's imagination all along.

I must agree with this. #1 way this will turn out epicly would be if Anakin kills her for some reason. I would think that as it would be heart breaking and would contribute to his seduction to the darkside. Just like we saw his 'Force choke' when Ashoka was in trouble. Simple, but true I do believe.

Edited by reaperkeepet

Whatever they do, they should continue the series through ROTS and up to New Hope. The cartoon allows for such a deeper story telling than any of the movies ever could... The fate that befalls Ahsoka should be given a great storyline and the appropriate time to develop. IMO anakin should be the one to kill her either pre-suit or post-suit. Edited by mikeycmn

Whatever they do, they should continue the series through ROTS and up to New Hope. The cartoon allows for such a deeper story telling than any of the movies ever could... The fate that befalls Ahsoka should be given a great storyline and the appropriate time to develop. IMO anakin should be the one to kill her either pre-suit or post-suit.

I'm probably a deluded, wishful-thinking optimist, but I would like Ahsoka so somehow survive and not turn to the darkside. Like maybe leaving the Jedi order, or somehow avoid getting killed during the order 66 purge and go into hiding, or something. Wouldn't it be cool if Ahsoka came out of hiding and revealed herself after the battle of Endor, when Luke was building the new Jedi order?

;)

Personally I love Ahsoka and the series.

So my guess is this.. after thinking about the events of Ep3.

I think Ahsoka's death and how it occurs could push Anakin closer

to the darkside and will probably be orchestrated as such.

He has as much affection for Ahsoka as he does Padme.

So losing her and how that would happen could seriously effect him.

But as stated, she did have a vision of herself in the future.

A future where she was very much alive. And very much dark side.

And he future self did tell her that if she continued to trust Anakin and

stay as his Padawan, her turning would be the result. And judging by her

age in the vision she was definitely alive after the Jedi Purge.

So death might not be her outcome but turning to the dark side is.

And in a way that could still effect Anankin in a way that sees him go

down that road himself.

Honestly I would rather not have her die or have it be some kind of silly

retcon/reset.

In my opinion the Clone Wars series makes up for the Godz awful prequels.

Can't wait to see what Underworld will be like. She might be a live character

in that.

That would rock :)

This. Also notice that Rex is also not (explicitly) shown in 3. Sure he could be one of Episode III, but I doubt that since he is special in the way he thinks out of the box and does have a mind of himself.

Was going to bring up something like that. Rex has always though for himself and has been shown to like her and disobey orders. Also he doesn't appear in Ep by name and Appo does. Could be he saves her to fight another day.