Darkness - soo OP right now. Here's why any other spec isnt nearly as good:

CaliKillaz

So I've been into mmorpg's for about 8 years. I'm very pvp oriented, and I've always been damn good - most people don't know how to even play their own class well/maximize your toons potential... In my opinion there really is no question what the best specialization is. Darkness is so OP right now it's crazy. Outside of IA snipers it might be the best class atm. The only other spec that can compare would be a hybrid madness spec but trust me, rock with darkness, here's why:

The fact they allow a tank to have the abilities we have is ridiculous. It seriously cracks me up that a few of the posts on here are about people complaining that assassins/tankassins need to get improved. Crazy.

Force pull to get anybody within melee range, three diff ways to self heal (chain lightning 12%, overcharge saber 10%, and a self heal every 4.5 seconds from dark charge), wither is the best AoE in the game considering it slows them down AND lowers their damage), great survivability from shield/extra defense from tp's, nice stuns, and stealth, and in my opinion the best companion/s. Yes their damage CAN be lower than other specs but we are almost impossible to kill. Il go 1vs2 all the time and win with roughly 1/3 of my health to spare.

Darkness all the way. No doubt. People complain that after pvp wz's their damage is never high so therefor we deserve an increase or they should be nerfed. Guess what - if you know anything about this game you'd realize we dint do the AoE damage others do but mostly we are a melee class and ranged classes can attack immediately where as we have to position are selves and often sneak up in stealth...

Thoughts ??

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i disagree, at least to the point you state, i think darkness is balanced...unbalanced? operatives with stealth or sniping, bounty hunters....oh and i love4 tracer rounds btw...yes so balanced.

Deception is like a prot paladin with higher damage and lower defense but more control. and we cant compare directly to wow because of how damage vs defense is done in this game is different then wow.

imo darkness is fine as it isnt OP in pvp, but nerfing it could make assassins unable to tank as i hear its already a bit worse off then other tanks in pve

It's not so much as Darkness being flat out overpowered as opposed to the fact that you pretty much die instantly if you're not in Dark Charge so it really doesn't matter if you do more DPS in another spec because you're still dead. Deception has the least synergy with Darkness and suffers the most. Most Madness hybrids still use Dark Charge, instead of Lightning Charge even though Madness leans toward dots.

It's not so much as Darkness being flat out overpowered as opposed to the fact that you pretty much die instantly if you're not in Dark Charge so it really doesn't matter if you do more DPS in another spec because you're still dead. Deception has the least synergy with Darkness and suffers the most. Most Madness hybrids still use Dark Charge, instead of Lightning Charge even though Madness leans toward dots.

Deception doesnt hav synergy with darkness? check this spec

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrskbskbZhRrMk.1

I realize it doesn't have wither but you never run out or force with dark swell and dark embrace and the bonus damage from maul procs fixes our damage problems a bit oh and check this one too i call it shockmoarbrah

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrsk0cZhRrMzZf0c.1

shock all over the place with this one ya you dont have as much survivability as the other one but it again is great with force AND COME ON WHO DOESN'T LOVE SHOCK

also wither is just kinda meh imo

Edited by mionallen
had to add something

no....it's not op at all. Thats like saying vanguards or powertechs are op cause they get a charge and a pull. The healing isn't even that great later on towards end game raiding, and dark ward is a joke in AOE pulls since the charges gets eaten fast.

Having to keep reappliny dark ward all the time (especially if you are running low on force) is very detrimental. More force starved then a hunger hunger hippo

Edited by LordXalas

Force pull to get anybody within melee range, three diff ways to self heal (chain lightning 12%, overcharge saber 10%, and a self heal every 4.5 seconds from dark charge)

i hate to be the first to mention that chain lightning is a sorcerer ability, and talented btw. Also as far as i can tell (just looked quick) chain lightning also doesn't grant you health, even with talents (i just looked quick i may have missed something).

tho i agree with most of your points, i cannot take you seriously since you claim to be an expert on the classes you play.

Edited by just_the_flu

i hate to be the first to mention that chain lightning is a sorcerer ability, and talented btw. Also as far as i can tell (just looked quick) chain lightning also doesn't grant you health, even with talents (i just looked quick i may have missed something).

tho i agree with most of your points, i cannot take you seriously since you claim to be an expert on the classes you play.

go and read the harness darkness talent in the darkness tree bro although there is a spelling mistake its not to hard to put 2 and 2 together and know what he is talking about as i would expect from someone who knows EVERYTHING about his class.

Edited by Voidily

Force lightning. It seems its you who should learn his class.

is using ones brain so hard in this forum? noticing a typo and knowing what he is talking about is not something to call people out on and all of a sudden call his knowledge of the class out into question unless of course your insecure about something and over compensating but i digress im not going to start an argument for the sake of it in someone elses thred.

Edited by Voidily

go and read the harness darkness talent in the darkness tree bro although there is a spelling mistake its not to hard to put 2 and 2 together and know what he is talking about as i would expect from someone who knows EVERYTHING about his class.

no need to get hostile.

and yes it's hard to put 2 and 2 together if you don't have the correct facts.

if i say tomato and mean potato, would you know what I'm talking about?

i use this spec

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrkkrskbsZbZf0c.1

20% chance to proc EW is worth 2 points. I find Wither to be better than 50% crit multiplier on thrash. Harnessed Darkness heal and dmg increase at 3 stacks is very good wth recklessness and +9% crit proc from madness tree, throw in single relic that gives crit + surge and you will look a 1300 crits eah second by FL in tank spec.

Edited by Mazari

Darkness is not overpowered at all. Good luck killing anything in Darkness. Maybe if the other team is stupid enough to attack you you'll be over powered.

/ignore tank = win

Darkness doesn't mean tanking gear. With my Darkness spec and dps gear i'm just as fast as a Deception sin to kill my opponent from the Infernal Council, and always in top 3 dps at the end of a WZ.

The issue isn't that Darkness is overpowered. The issue is that Darkness does the best job of trying to fix many of the problems that Sins suffer from; though it still comes with problems of its own.

If people call it OP too much, we might have to do battle with this creature. (Think about it). Considering how many issues the Assassin class already comes with, I'd rather let the Operatives get smacked around by this thing.

It's not so much as Darkness being flat out overpowered as opposed to the fact that you pretty much die instantly if you're not in Dark Charge so it really doesn't matter if you do more DPS in another spec because you're still dead.

For me it's this, pretty much.

I'm playing a Marauder, who is also melee. But he's got Medium armor, not light. And arguably some of the best defensive cooldowns in the game, at least on par with the ones Sin has. And they complain about being squishy. But Sin has Light armor. Who thought that brilliant, I can't begin to guess.

Darkness is OK though. That's the build I've been playing both leveling and PvP, and so far it's good. Damage is laughable, relatively speaking, but you stay up a lot longer.

As a rank 59 full champ geared sin I can tell you if you want to feel OP in PVP run the 23/18 spec. Nothing is hard for me to kill, I can survive a OP opener and their burst pop a rakata med pack and them proceed to kill them. I feel pretty invincible and my team mates and the republics are always commenting about it during pvp matches.

If you want to do great DPS and have a pocket healer run a full deception spec, but if you don't have a healer you are too squishy unless you are sneaking around looking for single targets or half dead targets and have no intention on trying to do objectives to win.

If you want to live forever, be completely ignored by your enemies and hit with a Wiffle Ball Bat do a full Darkness Build.

TL;DR if you want to be OP run 23/18 everything else is meh! :D

Yeah Darkness is so op, you will never kill anything. Have fun zerging the entire game in front of the Voidstar door or an alderaan turret or plinking at the huttball carrier.

I'm just glad that everytime I take a healer from 50% to 0 in 3 GCDs they always think I'm Deceptions spec:rolleyes:

Nerf Deception/Inf! Buff my poor dmg some more!:D I always wanted to do 500k+, it's tough being a tank stuck in the lowly 400k+ range:o. I guess I'll keep plinking away...

Edit: Welp, just got my biometric alloy, willpower buff! 500k done. Please buff my tank dmg to 600K+ Bioware, the forums still think I'm plinking...

Ps - To clarify I'm 23/0/18

Edited by Varcan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.