How to make PVP 100 times better

JoonKimDMD

The only thing we need or developer needs is knowing how to use common sense.

Problems in PVP

1. lvl 10 vs. 49

2. too many stuns

3. imperial agents can stun, knock you down, and kill you within 3 sec.

4. melee characters don't stand a chance against ranged and mages.

Common sense to fix problems

1. lvl 10 should not fight against lvl 49

2. reduce the number of stuns or duration of stuns by 50%

3. nerf imperial agents: dmg reduction by 70%.

4. nerf ranged and mages: dmg reduction by 30%

These solutions are not perfect but can still make pvp about 100 times better.

Problems in PVP

1. lvl 10 vs. 49

2. too many stuns

Most of your suggestion are just complete garbage..lulz. I will agree with too many stuns. Pretty much every class has at least one stun (minus Sent/Mar), and many of them have multiple stuns that can be used back to back. They also have mobility control, which means snares and roots.

One of the largest fundamental problems with the game, was giving every class a stun pretty much. In any sort of 1v2, you are stunlocked 100-0 generally, which is not even competitive. I have won 1vX situations against equally geared champion players, but generally it's because all of their stuns are on CD, or because I popped an Adrenal + Relic to burn the first one down.

I think the biggest fix Bioware could ever make for pvp, is to reduce the number of stuns classes have. Sorcs dont need a stun, a root, and a snare. Thats too much control. Assassins dont need a Knockdown, a Stun, and a vanish that reactivates that KD again. They also have a good snare, and a multiple mezzes when spec'd through Deception. They dont need all that. Assassins should have good control, but the amount they have is ridiculous.

tl;dr Most classes in the game have too much control, with multiple stuns/snares/roots. Reduce the amount of control, 2v1 is easy enough without needing to stunlock the enemy 100-0.

I would also like them to nerf all the classes I don't play into the ground.

and a Ferrari and a million dollars. That should totally balance PvP and make the game 100 times more fun. ( for me)

Problems in PVP

1. lvl 10 vs. 49 Isn't a problem

2. too many stuns Resolve needs looking at

3. imperial agents can stun, knock you down, and kill you within 3 sec. Been nerfed

4. melee characters don't stand a chance against ranged and mages. Only if you suck at your class

I now feel stupid for taking the first half of your post even remotely seriously.

Problems in PVP

1. lvl 10 vs. 49 Isn't a problem

2. too many stuns Resolve needs looking at

3. imperial agents can stun, knock you down, and kill you within 3 sec. Been nerfed

4. melee characters don't stand a chance against ranged and mages. Only if you suck at your class

I now feel stupid for taking the first half of your post even remotely seriously.

1. can your lvl 10 defeat my lvl 49? wanna give it a try?

2. can you use resolve that often?

3. not nerfed enough to change anything

4. only if your opponent suck at his class.

I agree with you on stuns. Everyone should have at least an 18 second immunity from the last stun.

That said nerfs on classes are overdone. Sorry to say, melee in every MMO is gimped in warzones like SWTOR. In SWG melee spies were 1 vs 1. That's what they are meant for. To take out unsuspecting players using stealth to get close. Also, melee classes will always be gimped in flashpoints. PUGs don't want them, and they will never want them. Facts of Life.

well, if you guys think that lvl 10 vs. lvl 49 is fair, bring your lvl 10 character and try to defeat my lvl 49 and prove yourself. I can even make a better deal and bring out lvl 30 instead.

I am eerily confident many of us would not find that hard. You seemingly don't understand how the 10-49 bracket works at all.

well, if you guys think that lvl 10 vs. lvl 49 is fair, bring your lvl 10 character and try to defeat my lvl 49 and prove yourself. I can even make a better deal and bring out lvl 30 instead.

As long as it means I can level without doing quests, ill gladly take my beatings from higher levels all the way to 50.

Problems in PVP

1. lvl 10 vs. 49

2. too many stuns

first of all im guessing you have not played 50 pvp yet since you are talking about 10-49 because every mmo has always been about balancing end game not the journey in between wait until you hit 50 to talk about unbalance because IA's aren't the real threat at 50 the trooper/BH are the high end dmg dealer's easy mode spam 1-2 buttons to kill you in 6 seconds class. i am also guessing based off your post that you are a jedi knight which says to me you just need to l2p your class because you have the highest burst dmg in the game. (oh and the smuggler is the same exact thing as an IA so if you are republic then you have them also and if you think they are so OP then play one...lul.)