Telekentic Throw Animation Concept (with movie and commentary)

TheNeox

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion your suggested animation wouldnt make sense regarding the damage of the actual skill. A prolonged version of project where each single projectile deals 10-15% of the original project skill just doesnt appears to be logical.

Furthermore, I like the skills to have distinctive characteristics.

Edit: The Assasin/Sorc has lightining all the way but you cant tell how "strong" a lightning is just by the look of it. The size of a projectile however somehow determines its impact.

Edited by Shruk

In my opinion your suggested animation wouldnt make sense regarding the damage of the actual skill. A prolonged version of project where each single projectile deals 10-15% of the original project skill just doesnt appears to be logical.

Furthermore, I like the skills to have distinctive characteristics.

Edit: The Assasin/Sorc has lightining all the way but you cant tell how "strong" a lightning is just by the look of it. The size of a projectile however somehow determines its impact.

If this were Physics Online you might have a point there (note I'm a physics minor myself so I'm not trying to offend anyone). There are plenty of other things in the game that totally laugh at the laws of nature (and I don't just mean unexplained things like hovercrafts or the Force), so it's not like this would be a totally radical change.

Also keep in mind that TheNeox's mock up is exactly that - a mock up. If BioWare decided to use this concept they could easily reduce the size of the objects thrown, or slow down the post-initial objects so that they would have less momentum.

A videogame that 100% abided by the laws of physics would not be a sci-fi fantasy game, it would be a simulator.

Also your point about each skill having distinctive characteristics has some merit, but it is still a matter of opinion. I for one would love for this animation to be implemented (obviously, considering the time I spend here and my sig).

While I have nothing against throwing pebbles at an enemy (pebbles can rip through body armor and machinery like a hot knife through butter if you get them moving fast enough) I do think that the current animation could do with an overhaul.

Edited by sollinton

they shock us with awe inspiring lightning... we flick dust...

I liked the proposed new animation and would love to see bioware run with something similar at least.

lol@dust.

The "awsome factor" is the decideing facter for alot of ppl. Im not usualy that type, but the animation itself is very very bad at its current state. It needs a fixin.