Don't ding 50! The pvp is much better 10-49.

Evuke

I love how every newb thinks that expertise is the reason they cant beat someone.

Expertise has NOTHING to do with why you lose, NOTHING.

Let me repeat for you, EXPERTISE has NOTHING to do with why you lose.

If you go up against a full champ geared player and lose because he hit you harder fine you lost to gear. You will die just as fast if said person was in full Columi(sp?) gear. Justs as fast and while you may hit harder he has more health. Clearly its not expertise, its gear, this is a modern MMO and gear progression happens.

^Doesn't understand what expertise is.

Expertise is given via gear progression... its a direct bonus to dmg output, healing output, and reduced incoming damage.

If you don't consider that an advantage, you need to google "define advantage"

Incase that is too difficult,

http://bit.ly/I7Ey52

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who are bad a level 50 PvP don't use enough strategy. They run straight at people and hack and slash and if they don't win they get upset. You have to get to know the players, their strengths and weaknesses, and know who you can take 1v1 and who you will need help with.

There is a short period of time where you need to get some better gear. Instead of flying into people, try and be resourceful and helpful to your team, like pulling ball carriers, healing, sneaking turrets, stunning at opportune times, etc. The best teams work really well together, and don't just beat the heck of their opponents (though some can do that too, with a lot of healers).

For those with no utility, well, I guess you'll have to suck it up and get some gear, then.

Seriously when you hit 49 just stop leveling, stop questing, stop doing flashpoints and quit warzones just before they end, this way you can stay 49 forever.

Why you don't want to ding 50:

- Ilum is terrible

- Warzone queues take ages to pop.

- Kids in full bm/champ gear run around nearly invincible farming new 50's thinking that their op expertise gear=skill.

- You don't have to worry about stupid fail rng bags.

- You will be the king of the 10-49 bracket.

So... level 50's in their great gear owning other lvl 50's are bad because they think their gear = skill.

Yet you at lvl 49 in all the twink gear you bought, PLUS having all your class abilities and a full talent tree owning players as low as lvl 10, are a highly skilled player, worthy of praise and recognition.

I see. :rolleyes:

I dont get it. Battlemaster gear is currently the best pvp gear in game. Ofcourse those players having it should have an advantage over freshly dinged and inferior geared players. Isnt that the whole point of having pvp gear?

This whole thread is stupid it's like saying 'Why can't I do Eternity Vault Nightmare in my 30 greens? When people in Rakata gear are doing it. So unfair. Don't ding 50 just stay 49 and farm False Emperor Normal."

And just for the record Bioware did state that after 1.2 the expertise gap would get bigger so that you would feel a bigger difference doing pvp with pve gear and vice versa. Also that War Hero gear would be about looks mostly and not so much of a upgrade gear wise. Which is exactly what some people are asking for here. But ofcourse people complained about that too.

I seriously dont get some people you cant ever get satisfied. I swear if Bioware introduced a 'Green button of insta 50, full BM, full Rakata gear a.k.a "I win button" ' People would ***** about it being green and not blue or something as idiotic ...

In theory 10-49 can be more interesting because since people eventually leave that bracket, you usually will find more balanced fights overall compared to the 50 bracket where your server might have some very strong teams in BM gear that just repeatedly clownstomp you.

But of course you'll also find the level 49 guys that have purple gear in every slot and that's almost as bad as a fresh 50 fighting someone in BM gear.

expertise doesnt make the difference it's

premade+expertise+voicechat VS pug+new lvl50+text chat

it's an add up of advantage that create the gap

SKILL never make the difference

put the most SKILLED player ever in the "pug+new lvl50+text chat" he will do squat, he will probably leave the pvp before the end of it skilled player can't stand noobs

i am tired of people callling skill an add up of advantage

and the fact is that better expertise/gear means more timeplay done

more timeplay = more friends in game

more friends in game and more timeplay = most probably voicechat

and those genius tell a casual player to go do the same without the undertstanding that it's all about TIME invested in game and casual DONT HAVE IT

IT'S NOBODY FAUL (expect for our sociaty where people play too much, really get a life)

SOLUTION:

CROSS SERVER MINIGAME

queue a)pug only

queue b)ranked (group or pug, if pug dare)

AOC understood it and made PUG only warzones (after 3 years of whining) but they didnt have crossserver so i removed completly group PVP that was a very stupid move...

end of story no other solution and stop calling skill what is not.

Edited by Pekish

the 10-49 bracket, at least on my server, is nearly as bad as the 50 bracket now.

beforehand, you could have a lot of fun solo queueing in the 10-49 bracket even if you had crap gear/low level. now im seeing more and more "twink" low level guilds who are all 49 and have 3-4k more hp than everyone else and form premades every game.

now the low bracket pvp feels just like 50 pvp. extremely frustrating to solo queue since every game is a premade, forcing you to premade if you want to get the dailies done.

Did you read the graph at this website?

http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/02/expertise-breakfast-of-champions/

It will give you all the math you need.

At 300 expertise I'm doing 7.03 percent more damage than you and taking 7.03% less damage than you in full Rataka gear with 0 expertise. I'm not talking about the mix and match BM/Champ Rataka gear here. I'm talking strictly 700 expertise versus 0 Expertise.

No you aren't doing 7.03 more damage than me because my Rakata gear has more raw stat than your BM gear does (not to mention DPS set bonus). While you are taking 7.03% less damage I negate that by having more Base HP than you do. See what is happening here?

In PvP gear with the 700 Expertise I have a significant advantage over any one not matching my expertise because I do more damage and mitigate more damage from player damage.

Again you're wrong, if I have 100% Rakata gear and you have 100% Bm gear we are damn near on par stat with (but I have my 2 and 4 Piece DPS bonus) and you have your PvP bonuses. Each have their own place but neither is better than the other in general (yeah yeah some of the PvE bonuses aren't as good as others)

You are narrow-minded

all 49 and have 3-4k more hp than everyone else and form premades every game.

I agree with you but i call out one of ur ******** that ruin your post there is no way they have 3-4K more screenshoot or never happen

the boost given to low lvl life is higher then lvl 49 with best gear i was lvl 15 with 14.234 life and the lvl 49 had 13.869 the highest i met in my team

(the lowest was a lvl 42 very badly geared around 12.350 more or less)

so screenshoot or please just say your opinion without inventing crap

It's the gear, and since the PVP gear has expertise, it's the gear with the expertise. The people stating you can do just as good in PVP with PVE gear are also stating getting to 10 % expertise then use PVE gear. That's not PVE gear, that's a mix.

This is easy to compare if you have full tionese gear and full cent gear. Go PVP with Tionese gear with no expertise and you'll notice you'll take less damage and deal more damage with Cent gear , even thou Cent gear stats are all less.(except expetise)

I can't wait for 1.2 and the double expertise on the gear to see if BM/Rakata players with 20K hitpoints can put the same or better numbers out as full BM player in PVP.

*10-49 has premades too.

*10-49 can get VERY annoying as more people doesn't know what to do then in 50 bracket.

*In 10-49 there's gear imbalance too(not to mention SKILLS and SKILL TREE imbalance).

*In 50s not everyone is geared up.

*Gearing up takes like 1 week or 2.

Why in the name of anything would you want to stay in practice bracket 4ever is beyond me :rolleyes:

No you aren't doing 7.03 more damage than me because my Rakata gear has more raw stat than your BM gear does (not to mention DPS set bonus). While you are taking 7.03% less damage I negate that by having more Base HP than you do. See what is happening here?

Again you're wrong, if I have 100% Rakata gear and you have 100% Bm gear we are damn near on par stat with (but I have my 2 and 4 Piece DPS bonus) and you have your PvP bonuses. Each have their own place but neither is better than the other in general (yeah yeah some of the PvE bonuses aren't as good as others)

You are narrow-minded

I'm not saying that you get more damage out put from full Rakata gear.

Let me put it this way

If I have 13% more Damage 13% more Mitigation and 13% more healing to your 20% increase in damage (estimate). You have to subtract that 13% from your 20% that leaves you with a 7% damage increase.

So your getting hit for more damage your heals are less and I have canceled out your damage increase by my mitigation.

Expertise is meant to give you a bonus. In PvP it's superior to PvE gear. If you have zero expertise then you have zero damage mitigation while I have a 13% increase.

It doesn't even it out. If it did more people would be wearing full PvE gear in War Zones.

I'm not saying that you get more damage out put from full Rakata gear.

Let me put it this way

If I have 13% more Damage 13% more Mitigation and 13% more healing to your 20% increase in damage (estimate). You have to subtract that 13% from your 20% that leaves you with a 7% damage increase.

So your getting hit for more damage your heals are less and I have canceled out your damage increase by my mitigation.

Expertise is meant to give you a bonus. In PvP it's superior to PvE gear. If you have zero expertise then you have zero damage mitigation while I have a 13% increase.

It doesn't even it out. If it did more people would be wearing full PvE gear in War Zones.

Your right it doesn't even out... the argument was full BM vs full Rakata (both are useless as a DPS by the way) and if they were even (which for all purposes they are assuming no self heals since we are talking about DPS). It doesn't even out when you take advantage of getting ~10% expertise and then stacking Rakata for the raw stats and HP while not getting gimped by expertise DR's.

Again this argument is meant for DPS classes that are doing DPS, tank hybrids, tanks, and healer don't apply (although the good ones are still swapping in Rakata gear)

I agree with you but i call out one of ur ******** that ruin your post there is no way they have 3-4K more screenshoot or never happen

the boost given to low lvl life is higher then lvl 49 with best gear i was lvl 15 with 14.234 life and the lvl 49 had 13.869 the highest i met in my team

(the lowest was a lvl 42 very badly geared around 12.350 more or less)

so screenshoot or please just say your opinion without inventing crap

....most of my teammates have ~11000-11500 hp. only the "geared" ones have 12.5k. and by "geared" i mean having green/blue gear that is within 5 levels.

course, usually most of my teammates are under level 25.

btw, your 14k is within my 3-4k mark.

*10-49 has premades too.

*10-49 can get VERY annoying as more people doesn't know what to do then in 50 bracket.

*In 10-49 there's gear imbalance too(not to mention SKILLS and SKILL TREE imbalance).

*In 50s not everyone is geared up.

*Gearing up takes like 1 week or 2.

Why in the name of anything would you want to stay in practice bracket 4ever is beyond me :rolleyes:

there is not much point anymore now that people have ruined the 10-49 bracket. beforehand it was a nice place to have some fun solo regardless of what level or gear level you were at.

but of course, eventually a group of a##hats will find a way to ruin this for everyone because they are completely skill-less and need a major advantage over others in order to kill people.

now, ill admit that in wow there were points where i kept my alt in a bracket to pvp in exclusively, but i did not twink him. and the big reason why i did that was because that class/spec performed great in the lower pvp brackets but took a nosedive at the max level.

Edited by Ryotknife

....most of my teammates have ~11000-11500 hp. only the "geared" ones have 12.5k. and by "geared" i mean having green/blue gear that is within 5 levels.

course, usually most of my teammates are under level 25.

btw, your 14k is within my 3-4k mark.

we play a different game them or u go PVP with green stuff 10 lvl before

nobody in my team EVER and i only PUG has less then 12.500 and nobody EVER more mode the 14.000

as i said screenshoot or i call ******** :p

or we are playing 2 different game it's enough the blue from the quest to have 13.000 life at lvl 10 (the blue u get from eroic quest and commendation in the first planet)

obviously if u are lvl 30 and u still use the blue we were talking about u may go down to 12000 but thats your faul u cannot be lvl 30 and have gear lvl 9

everyway u turn it's impossible that a normal person has 11000 life in warzone 1-49 IMPOSSIBLE if u play the game and if u dont enter semi-naked just to prove a point.

Edited by Pekish

50 PVP is no different than 10-49 PVP. You just have cooler looking armor and weapons.

Players who already have weekly win total and/or daily win total get 3 medals, 3 kills and then I have 5 guys on the left turret in Alderaan picking their nose till it ends.

I have been a part of some epic PVP matches this week. But a vast majority of WZ's are lopsided affairs...

It's no different than 10-49 when people get what they need or decide in the first few minutes it's lost, and take the rest of the WZ off.

Bad players are bad players. No matter what level they are.

nobody in my team EVER and i only PUG has less then 12.500 and nobody EVER more mode the 14.000

sigh. let me queue up some pvp on my alt and take some screenshots....

EDIT: this might take awhile, queues are long

Edited by Ryotknife

Jump in a game... "normal hitpoints" is 12,000. If you equip full lvl 20 PvP gear at lvl 20 you will have just below 12,000 and full level 40 gives you just above 12000. This means that is what we can call "normal". However... it's very easy to have less than that since when you level and don't change your gear you lose approx 250 HP's per level.

we play different game then i will take a screenshot too perhaps it's my server that is "better" then average but in my team of PUG there is NEVER NEVER NEVER anybody with less then 13000 and some are llv 16/17/20 and they play as good as any lvl 40

I was lvl 16 with 14000 on my shadow damn i didnt get screenshot back then but i can swear it

the problem is that they lack CC and if the other team has a lot of high lvl they can CC the low lvl team way more

that's the imbalance in lvl the CC number no the health

Edited by Pekish

Oo EXACTLEY what was being said in Rift!

This game is going to have the same fate as Rift....

BW keep buffing Marauders and nurfing Sorcerers! Soon you and Trion can merge companies and have a party together!