Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Queue with a group of up to 8 people

kirakirakira

I think it is just weird that in a pvp warzone a team of 8 is on each side but you can queue with a maximum of 4 people (including yourself). It kind of sucks if you want to play with five other mates but you can't and have to split up and queue separately.

I don't see why queuing system could not be extended to queue a group of up to 8 people if they can organise it.

Simply put, because it wouldn't be fair for the other team. A premade team of 8 is going to stomp a pug team 95% of the time.

A team of 4 stomps a pug group 80% of the time. We told them this all through beta. I directly told Georg Zoeller this. Bioware knows that Rift suffered from this same sort of set up and it failed miserably there.

Bioware chose to act like this. They knew the consequences, but felt this half premade vs pug was best for the game over all.

Bioware and it's developers remain ignorant to pvp. Whether it's willful or not, Bioware has no idea what it's doing with pvp.

Bottom Line: Pre-made teams should not be allowed in the pick up group que.

I don't mind 8 man pre-made teams having their own seperate que. Same goes for 4 man teams. But they shouldn't be in the same que with everypone else on random entry because they take the fun out of playing for their own team as well as the other. No one wants to be carried to a win and a rotfl butt stomping of the other team is only fun when you earn it fairly. Thus, as currently implimented they are a cancer on the game. Give them their own ques.

Bottom Line: Pre-made teams should not be allowed in the pick up group que.

I don't mind 8 man pre-made teams having their own seperate que. Same goes for 4 man teams. But they shouldn't be in the same que with everypone else on random entry because they take the fun out of playing for their own team as well as the other. No one wants to be carried to a win and a rotfl butt stomping of the other team is only fun when you earn it fairly. Thus, as currently implimented they are a cancer on the game. Give them their own ques.

I dont think that premades need to be on a separate queue but rather have a better matchup system.. examples:

2x4 premade vs 8 premade

6 premade + 2 randoms vs 7 premade + 1 random

etc..

You people act like game balance can even support this, maybe on a few servers but for most this would ne a nightmare. Cross server pvp would cover this, but in the end you will have people coming back crying for special rewards as they think they are masters of the universe now.

I think the best move Bioware can make now are 2 man groups at most, cross server pvp, and even a few maps designed to have Imps and Reps fight alongside each other in some type of mercenary action.

The 'MM' part of MMORPG seems to go over a lot of heads. Ironically, BW seem to suffer the same problem, acting as if most people who play an MMO to PvP have no more than 3 friends.

If you're serious enough about WZ PvP, you'll stop queueing solo and find a group of like-minded players. It's not especially difficult to do. Most half-organised guilds with voice servers ask only that you meet minimal requirements to start your new life as a team player.

why limit people if they want to play with their friends in one team?

because someone likes to play solo and cant win agains premades?

but people who prefer group lose interest quickly, leading to further unfun, clunky random style pvp.

I think it is just weird that in a pvp warzone a team of 8 is on each side but you can queue with a maximum of 4 people (including yourself). It kind of sucks if you want to play with five other mates but you can't and have to split up and queue separately.

I don't see why queuing system could not be extended to queue a group of up to 8 people if they can organise it.

Sure allow 8 man premades, just as long as your only allow them to play against other premades.

Form groups and join guilds.

People are quitting the game over the lack of full 8 man queuing. I'd guess more are quitting because it isn't there than because pugs getting stomped by premades.

The issue is this. Right now the option doesn't exist at all. You can't play seriously because 4 other people on your team might be terrible. By giving us the option, you're not losing an option, you're gaining an option.

If you want to turn your brain off and mindlessly grind valor as a solo queuer, I really have no sympathy for you. If you want to actually PvP to win, and be serious about it, you can't. Less options in MMO's is ALWAYS worse.

So if you are against 8 man pre-mades, go make some friends or join a guild that likes to PvP, believe me the game is much more entertaining and much more enjoyable win or lose when you are doing it with 7 friends.

A team of 4 stomps a pug group 80% of the time. We told them this all through beta. I directly told Georg Zoeller this. Bioware knows that Rift suffered from this same sort of set up and it failed miserably there.

Bioware chose to act like this. They knew the consequences, but felt this half premade vs pug was best for the game over all.

Bioware and it's developers remain ignorant to pvp. Whether it's willful or not, Bioware has no idea what it's doing with pvp.

Tis a shame ... the premise laid here was awesome .... the implementation, not so much.

/smells like Mythic....

Form groups and join guilds.

People are quitting the game over the lack of full 8 man queuing. I'd guess more are quitting because it isn't there than because pugs getting stomped by premades.

The issue is this. Right now the option doesn't exist at all. You can't play seriously because 4 other people on your team might be terrible. By giving us the option, you're not losing an option, you're gaining an option.

If you want to turn your brain off and mindlessly grind valor as a solo queuer, I really have no sympathy for you. If you want to actually PvP to win, and be serious about it, you can't. Less options in MMO's is ALWAYS worse.

So if you are against 8 man pre-mades, go make some friends or join a guild that likes to PvP, believe me the game is much more entertaining and much more enjoyable win or lose when you are doing it with 7 friends.

I'm totally FOR 8 man pre-mades...

BUT...

This argument is valid ONLY if I am fighting other 8 man premades ... thats where the fun actually is.

If you want to turn your brain off and mindlessly pub stomp wz pugs in an 8 man pre-made, I really have no sympathy for you. If you want to actually PvP to win, and be serious about it, the only option is to fight other pre-mades ... anything else is ALWAYS full of lose.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.