Android Security App

Devlonir

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking for this since other day you could not even order in uk for the physical version, now its saying iphone, since more androids are out their than iphone its bit of a joke.

The problem is that the base app they are modifying is not done for Android yet. However it is done for iOS, so BW's mods were placed on it and it's been released.

Since we are pretty sure they will be releaseing an android app at some time, could we have an ETA.

And really there is no reason not to do a windows app, at some point since M$ is planing on making Win8 it's mobile platform, and make a bunch of APIs cross-platform compatible from phone, tablet, desktop.

I have a question about the mobile app, what happens if you have an issue with your phone and it take days before your phone is repaired? Do you loose access to the game until your phone or another is available?

If it works anything like the WOW version then remove it from your account if possible before taking the phone in. If they have to wipe the phone the new authenticator you download will not work cause it will have a different serial code.

And yes in the above situation you would be locked out.

Edited by Harthfire

Any news on this??? How hard can it be to create an app that has a string of numbers scroll by every 25 seconds...? I'm pretty sure I could code that using a calculator and a usb cable.

You need one that encrypts a secure key and the time with a random element that can be decoded by a server and is hard to reverse engineer.

I know quit a bit about programming (working with programmers every day... some things just stuck) and this is not as easy as it sounds.

Especially the secure part...

You need one that encrypts a secure key and the time with a random element that can be decoded by a server and is hard to reverse engineer.

I know quit a bit about programming (working with programmers every day... some things just stuck) and this is not as easy as it sounds.

Especially the secure part...

the security part is already done, has been done for weeks. How do i know this? the iphone app.

so it has to be either just the android aproval process, or bioware dragging their feet on the app

Both Android and Blackberry versions of the Mobile Security Key are coming very, very soon. Real soon! (I'd give you an ETA, but there are too many moving parts.)

In addition, physical security keys for Europe will also be along very soon. We had a few shipping / supply issues, but they're inbound.

again with the 'soon, real soon.' what does that really mean? soon as in 'this decade?' Launch day has come and still the only link on your site is teh link to iTunes' maladaptive disingenuous 'music' behemoth. Come on, now...

the security part is already done, has been done for weeks. How do i know this? the iphone app.

so it has to be either just the android aproval process, or bioware dragging their feet on the app

You know there is no real Android app approval process right? Unlike iOS apps where Apple has to check them, you just upload the APK for an Android app. Fill out some info and its on the market.

Any news on this??? How hard can it be to create an app that has a string of numbers scroll by every 25 seconds...? I'm pretty sure I could code that using a calculator and a usb cable.

There are 5 different iPhone handsets, that's only 5 different hardware configurations to code for.

There are 100+ different Android handsets, with all kinds of different hardware configurations.

Ever notice how some apps work great on certain phones but are buggy on others, because they're different. Dropped my iPhone 3G for a Galaxy S2 recently and this is something that I've had to come to terms with. I don't mind waiting as long as the app is released and actually works on my phone properly rather than having it work on everyone's by mine.

There are 5 different iPhone handsets, that's only 5 different hardware configurations to code for.

There are 100+ different Android handsets, with all kinds of different hardware configurations.

Ever notice how some apps work great on certain phones but are buggy on others, because they're different. Dropped my iPhone 3G for a Galaxy S2 recently and this is something that I've had to come to terms with. I don't mind waiting as long as the app is released and actually works on my phone properly rather than having it work on everyone's by mine.

100+ Android units yes. BUT only 1 OS in them. Same whit iCrap. 1 OS. Tho its different versions in them.

Then we will have 100 mille different SwTOR software. We have soooooo many different computers out there and at least 2-3 different OS on all the computers.