How much better will Marauders get when geared?

Wingzeron

So I play a lvl 50 Marauder and right now its a nightmare in Warzones. I get 2 shotted by operatives, 2 shotted by mercenarys etc. How much better will we get with full gear?

Do we still die so fast? Its really frustrating to only meet ranged classes in game. Im always the only one or with someone else as melee in every single Warzone. This is just getting very old and makes me want to /unsubscribe, because Im really having no fun at all on my Marauder and I don't want to leveling something else, becuse it will take to much of my time.

I consider myself as a good pvper with around 7 years of pvp experience and never felt so squishy on a melee:(

It can also be that I only have 3 champion items. Legs,hands and ring with 136 expertise. So we will get better surviveabillity with better gear or do we still get 2-3 shotted by most classes?

Anywhere I move in a Warzone there is someone behind or infront of me with a cannon shooting on me or a sorcerer with lightnings. Its really pissing me off and I'm not motivated to keep grinding for gear right now.

Please help me and motivate me to keep playing my Marauder

Thanks in advance

You will start to shine with just half champ gears.

You should be topping dmg chart in every single wz with just half champ gears. If not you need to optimize your play style.

With anni spec and full champ, you can easily get 350k dmg + and 80k healing in any full length wz.

With full battlemaster, i've seen people getting above 500K dmg.

Marauder is strong once you get good pvp gears. With anni spec you can easily pull off a 1v1 and 1v2.

And yes, even a bm marauder can get 2 shoted by op within 5 seconds. That's why BW is nerfing this class next patch.

Other than that, you should be fine.

Against range, especially sniper behind cover, you may want to try this:

1. Charge into an enemy next to him, rapture the sniper, intimidating roar, pop all relics (and berserk if its up) and dps on sniper, pop saber ward and cloak of pain together, obfuscate the enemy next to the sniper. Continue to dps, force camouflage to loose being targeted, dps sniper again. By now the sniper should be dead. Pop undying rage and pop medpad, kill the other enemy. Your berserk should be up too. If not, use frenzy. With anni spec you are constantly healing yourself and the whole team. It is very easy to 1v2.

2. If the sniper is alone, camouflage in and simply dps the **** out of the sniper. 1v1 he can never kill you (of course you need to be anni spec)

Edited by rainzquall

And yes, even a bm marauder can get 2 shoted by op within 5 seconds. That's why BW is nerfing this class next patch.

Other than that, you should be fine.

Against range, especially sniper behind cover, you may want to try this:

1. Charge into an enemy next to him, rapture the sniper, intimidating roar, pop all relics (and berserk if its up) and dps on sniper, pop saber ward and cloak of pain together, obfuscate the enemy next to the sniper. Continue to dps, force camouflage to loose being targeted, dps sniper again. By now the sniper should be dead. Pop undying rage and pop medpad, kill the other enemy. Your berserk should be up too. If not, use frenzy. With anni spec you are constantly healing yourself and the whole team. It is very easy to 1v2.

2. If the sniper is alone, camouflage in and simply dps the **** out of the sniper. 1v1 he can never kill you (of course you need to be anni spec)

Thats some extremely good advice. Thank you. I just hope to be less squishy once I get better gear. You sure anni is "the" spec?

Yep. I've tested all spec and only anni can offer you superb survivability and 1v2 ability. In theory carnage may do slightly higher damage, but you die way faster, especially under ff.

Could you perhaps link your spec? Is the talent Phantom a must? It reduces my damage while force camouflage is active by 100%

Yep. I've tested all spec and only anni can offer you superb survivability and 1v2 ability. In theory carnage may do slightly higher damage, but you die way faster, especially under ff.

You arent winning 1v2 vs anyone you dont severely outgear.

A tank healer or DPS healer will melt you. You might win a 2 dps fight, but unlikely, as your 2% heal ticks wont do much to them.

Stop giving bad advice.

The difference between the two specs is play style. If your patient and like Dots, go for Annihilation but you wont see big numbers, just a constant stream of them with heals, but if you prefer big crits and like controling your opponent with roots/snares Carnage is for you.

Rage is great starting out, but it quickly outgrows itself because it has no usstained damage, everything revolves around getting that smash crit which can be avoided and predicted by your opponent in time to knock you back or throw up a defensive cooldown.

Rage gets pretty disgusting when you have gear but like the poster above me mentioned, it's so easy to predict your burst; especially with how terrible our Smash/Force Sweep hit detection is (i.e. use Smash, get knocked back mid air, Smash does 0 damage because of the animation delay).

Annihilation's problem begins when you fight half-way decent premades with healers that know to just dispel all of your DoTs.

And yes, even a bm marauder can get 2 shoted by op within 5 seconds.

No, just no. I'm nearly full bm and if everything crits an op is lucky to get me to 50% in an opener. Stop spreading this nonsense that op's 2shot us. Unless an op has just about every single cooldown up he isn't killing a mara who's half decent on his own.

Edited by Kricys

You arent winning 1v2 vs anyone you dont severely outgear.

A tank healer or DPS healer will melt you. You might win a 2 dps fight, but unlikely, as your 2% heal ticks wont do much to them.

Stop giving bad advice.

If you just rely on dot heals, of course you wont last long. But you still last much longer than in carnage or rage spec. But dot heals with all other marauder utilities which I mentioned earlier, with rakata medpac, or even wz medpac, anni spec is invincible.

With skills tree like this, you can pretty much pop berserk every 30-40 seconds.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100MIrRrRzshzZhMMMZ0z.1

To go even further, one can take the 2 points from cloak of anni and put them into quick recovery. So basically you pop berserk at the beginning of fight, when you killed one and you are about to die, pop undying rage with medpac and berserk. If the fight is long enough, your obfuscate, or even chock/roar should be up. You just won't die.

Edited by rainzquall

learn to play, the marauder is a finisher in pvp not the jump in and take all dmg and come out the other side class. you can and should with BM be able to solo almost all class's however it will come down to how and when you use your cc removal skill as to how quikly you end the fight. but if it helps full columi will yeild you better dmg alot better dmg and if you use a expertise pot during a 1v1 you wont have any issues.

if you dont have the kit or just hit 50 run with a juggernaut or sorceror and you will notice a signifcant diffrence

For those of you playing Annihilation, how do you cope with healers that dispel your dots? I've been thinking of trying it out in PvP (I play PvE as Watchman/Annihilation, would probably just move 2-3 points around for a PvP spec). PUG smashing is nice and all, but I'm wondering how well it'll do in organized team vs organized team games. Edited by Exertim

For those of you playing Annihilation, how do you cope with healers that dispel your dots? I've been thinking of trying it out in PvP (I play PvE as Watchman/Annihilation, would probably just move 2-3 points around for a PvP spec). PUG smashing is nice and all, but I'm wondering how well it'll do in organized team vs organized team games.

If you are in a premade, you usually have good healing backup, and so you will just charge into their healers/commandos without worries. With 2 pts in subjugation, chock, and roar, you can pretty much interrupt any casts of that particular healer.

Your teammate will usually focus fire with you on the same healers, so there should be a bunch of debuffs/dots on the target. I just dont think they are able to dispel all. But, even if they do dispel all, with 2 pts in pulverize your rupture will be up very soon. Just rupture again and remember to cast deadly saber whenever its up.

Against good teams, you should still get 250k-300k dmg, which should either be top or second on the dmg chart(compared to 350-500k against pug). But your self/team utilities and interrupts are just too invaluable in team pvp.

So I play a lvl 50 Marauder and right now its a nightmare in Warzones. I get 2 shotted by operatives, 2 shotted by mercenarys etc. How much better will we get with full gear?

Do we still die so fast? Its really frustrating to only meet ranged classes in game. Im always the only one or with someone else as melee in every single Warzone. This is just getting very old and makes me want to /unsubscribe, because Im really having no fun at all on my Marauder and I don't want to leveling something else, becuse it will take to much of my time.

I consider myself as a good pvper with around 7 years of pvp experience and never felt so squishy on a melee:(

It can also be that I only have 3 champion items. Legs,hands and ring with 136 expertise. So we will get better surviveabillity with better gear or do we still get 2-3 shotted by most classes?

Anywhere I move in a Warzone there is someone behind or infront of me with a cannon shooting on me or a sorcerer with lightnings. Its really pissing me off and I'm not motivated to keep grinding for gear right now.

Please help me and motivate me to keep playing my Marauder

Thanks in advance

Marauders will only ever be as good as the person playing them, no amount of gear will fix a bad player

Could you perhaps link your spec? Is the talent Phantom a must? It reduces my damage while force camouflage is active by 100%

an absolute must. Pull aggro in a raid, no worries, get eaten by aoe, no worries, sniper uses ambush or merc gets tracer spam on you? no worries. I wouldnt venture into a warzone without it. Doesnt break roots but then you cant die either, can you can run through fire on huttball :) if i remember rightly or i may be getting confused with undying rage

Your still a Glass Cannon. Anni spec is nice, but your not gonna take down a geared healer with that spec. Carnage gives your the burst for the healers.

PvP is still group focused. Less your a noob running around on your own picking off other noobs on their own. Your dual light sabers = BIG TARGET. Your gonna be focused and your going down fast. Period. Better hope you have a good healer.

Edited by Blaaine

Your still a Glass Cannon. Anni spec is nice, but your not gonna take down a geared healer with that spec. Carnage gives your the burst for the healers.

PvP is still group focused. Less your a noob running around on your own picking off other noobs on their own. Your dual light sabers = BIG TARGET. Your gonna be focused and your going down fast. Period. Better hope you have a good healer.

:( chose the wrong class

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.