Memory leak

asciiadam

6.24 GB of Memory used when my SWTOR locked up. I was in the alderaan warzone. No other programs running. This is the first time I have had this issue. Normal computer use is 1.59GB memory use.

32 bit processes can't allocate more than 3GB of memory (and that's with the relevant extensions turned on.)

I'm not sure what you are seeing.

Curious that people see this on 64bit machines.

Whilst I have 8Gb in my system, I only play on 32Bit W7, so can not address the full memory; My system runs at 75-76% constantly. That's from game initiation for however many hours I have the game running.

I wonder if this is a 64bit issue?

I run 64 bit with only 4mb ram, it usually does not go much over 1.5gb of ram. I have run the windows resource tracker thingy over many hours of play and it went up and down marginally.

However, it seems my computer is using the swap file even though i still have plenty of free physical memory, I tend to find it is accessing the swap file after a few hours of play so have got into the habit recently of restarting if I play for a fair while.

I run 64 bit with only 4mb ram, it usually does not go much over 1.5gb of ram. I have run the windows resource tracker thingy over many hours of play and it went up and down marginally.

However, it seems my computer is using the swap file even though i still have plenty of free physical memory, I tend to find it is accessing the swap file after a few hours of play so have got into the habit recently of restarting if I play for a fair while.

4MB of RAM?! 0_o

Guess that shoots my theory then. I wonder what these people have on their systems then?

As I say, no issues here. No game performance probs really at all.

Win 7 64bit

Got 8gb now but before I had 4gb and the game was using up everything. After changing to 8gb I've had zero lagg. Yeah you can play with 4gb of ram, but it will lagg when loading or when there's many players on one place (like hutball, I'm sure it would lagg on Illum anyway). I don't mind the game using 3-4gb of ram or more. Maybe as someone said this is a strictly 64bit OS problem. Perhaps they made the game use more if it was installed on a 64 bit OS? idk.

The game uses up pretty much everything for me with 4GB RAM, on windows 7 64Bit. It especially gets funky after quite a few hours though, especially if I have Chrome open with a few tabs and the odd page with flash.

I play the game in windowed mode.

Edited by Krashh

While the game has never shut down totally on me, it does use a lot of ram on my comp. and gradually increases the amount used the longer I play. It usually starts off using about 65% of my ram (of 4gb total) and gradually creeps up the longer I play. The highest I've seen it get is 91%. To me, that's an awful lot of ram. I was talking to a friend who said that he thought it was a memory leak... but I honestly don't even know what that is.

MY first computer has 1Kb of ram and and a 3.25MHz processor

I could run programmes faster, but had no memory to do it! :p

WoW what was that? high clockspeed compared to ram.

My first was a Commodore 64 with a 1Mhz motorola cpu and 48K ram for apps + 16k for kernel.

Then the mighty amiga 500 and a Atari 1040 STE . Both with a motorola 68000 @ 7.14Mhz and a whopping 1MB ram :)

Edited by DeeckTator

How do you guys get your computers to use up so much memory with TOR? I do think theres a memory leak, since I check the mem usage out of curiosity fairly often. If I leave the game running on the character selection screen, itll gradually increase to about 2.7GB over about 24 hours.

But actual playing for a day? It stays under 1.7.....

Win Vista Ultimate 64 w/ 8GB

Think mine was amiga 500, with the Tape (caset) games

to this "Day" i still hate that Guy With the Line- I Dont Understand,

Go left - I Dont Understand, (Okay):D

Go right- I dont Understand (Okay) :)

Go Forward - I Dont Understand (Okay) :confused:

Move Left, - I dont Understand (Okay) :(

Move Forward - i Dont understand (Okay) :mad:

Move Right, - I Dont Understand, Go right, - I Dont Understand :mad::mad:

GO BACK, MOVE BACK - I Dont Understand :jawa_evil:

Go **** ******* - I Dont Understand :t_frown::t_evil::t_tongue::t_tongue::t_rolleyes::t_mad:

Best Line :mon_trap: they Must have Made it for the Money - Becouse no Matter what you typed he Said -it!!!