Empire pvp

EscVelocity

Why is it that 99% of the classes I see in PVP (which 99% of the time is Huttball) are sorcerers and assassins?

Is it why I think it is: they are overpowered? can sprint away, can stun, can knock back probably have 1 - 3 abilities for each. at least sorcerers can, can they can heal them selves to full health and not die at all in a 1v1.

Edited by EscVelocity

Maybe becuase its cool to shoot lightning?

A class is OP if the majority plays it

The majority plays inquistor

therefor

Sorc/Assassin is OP

Terrible fallacious argument. Not to mention you have no idea what skills they use.

Edited by LoL-K-Noob

Yup Elemental shamans were the most popular class in WoW cus they shot lightning...

Oh wait. No they weren't cus they sucked and couldn't be played by a 5 year old, like sages/sorc which is just a dumbed down easier to play vanilla shadowpriest. It should no way be confused with a current shadowpriest in WoW.

Then add to that some of the melee in this game are far more complicated then any melee in WoW. Add to that no melee gets anticaster abilities. All their dodge crap/immune works on....jk/sw melee? Then add to that you are not punished for stacking knockback classes/struns, cus resolve is the dumbest system I have ever seen.

Basically if you ever do less dmg on ranged in this game then a melee who isnt being followed around by one healer? They are so much better then you at this game that it isn't even funny.

Oh for the blah blah WoW sucks blah blah. Sage/Sorc is an exact ripoff of the priest class in WoW as far as abilities, except simpler and easier in every way and the only things that differ make the class stupidly OP.

Edited by biowareftw

Yup Elemental shamans were the most popular class in WoW cus they shot lightning...

Oh wait. No they weren't cus they sucked and couldn't be played by a 5 year old, like sages/sorc which is just a dumbed down easier to play vanilla shadowpriest. It should no way be confused with a current shadowpriest in WoW.

Then add to that some of the melee in this game are far more complicated then any melee in WoW. Add to that no melee gets anticaster abilities. All their dodge crap/immune works on....jk/sw melee? Then add to that you are not punished for stacking knockback classes/struns, cus resolve is the dumbest system I have ever seen.

My marauder can use force choke and has an interrupt...

Basically if you ever do less dmg on ranged in this game then a melee who isnt being followed around by one healer? They are so much better then you at this game that it isn't even funny.

Oh for the blah blah WoW sucks blah blah. Sage/Sorc is an exact ripoff of the priest class in WoW as far as abilities, except simpler and easier in every way and the only things that differ make the class stupidly OP.

I don't think sages or sorcs are overpowered... I do think the amount of utility they get compared to other classes is wild. They ahve access to almost every kind of tool in teh game.

therefor

Sorc/Assassin is OP

Terrible fallacious argument. Not to mention you have no idea what skills they use.

The argument is valid. Perhaps the initial rush of people to roll Sorcs was becouse it is "cool" to spam lightning. Quite possible. But the fact that Sorcs ARE OP is surely only making this trend stronger.

Look at Ops/Scoundrels. At start it was very weakly represented class becouse many people considered it non-iconic. Yet recently there is a larg influx of new Ops/Scoundrels after the news spread out that they are OP in PvP. Incoming nerf may mitigate this trend. So far nothing was done to Sorcs/Sages and I believe it is a mistake.

Nerf their versatility - that is all. Limit usage/strength of some spells only to certain specs and it should help a lot. A lightining sorc? Remove his healing spells entirely. Healer Sorc? Remove his ability to stun from range. Remove the slow component from lightning spam etc. There are plenty of ways to tone them down without making them gimped.

Edited by Aweus

I don't think sages or sorcs are overpowered... I do think the amount of utility they get compared to other classes is wild. They ahve access to almost every kind of tool in teh game.

Hybrid specced? OP as hell. Not hybrid specced? Fine.

How to fix them? Move spammable lightning to 31 point talent in madness/balance tree.

Class is now balanced. No class needs root on knocback, AUTOMATIC aoe mez when shield breaks, lower cooldown on sprint (while already having the best CC in the game from the balance/madness tree), while basically losing no pvp dps because they pick up a double cast time proc on lightning that they don't even need to watch the proc for because it is what they are spamming most of the time.

They would still have a braindead easy rotation, can dps with any class in the game and would still be the second easiest class to excel at in pvp, have a knockback an instant cast soft CC, a instant cast ranged stun and a knockback.

Sorry but no class needs more then that...

Have you taken a look at the 10-49 brackets? It is all mercs/commandos, sage/sorc. It is like that for a reason.

If Bioware/EA doesn't do something about this? The only people left playing this game will be those specs.

I rolled assassin because it seemed cool.

Alot of polls created well before release indicated that SI would be the most played class at launch

Not many picked it because they thought it would be OP, they picked it fo the double bladed saber and/or the lightning and wicked darkside powers.

Edited by kirorx

therefor

Sorc/Assassin is OP

yeah they got knock back completely can win the game for them

pull ppl to them

self-heal

sprint away or over fires

insane lightning damage from far away

etc

Here's what I learned from this thread so far:

99% of players who pvp are inquisitors, who are the worst players.

How could anyone argue with such objective arguments?!

It makes you wonder how people keep losing to them, doesn't it?

If 99% of the people you run into are the worst players ever, what does that make you when you lose to them?

I rolled assassin because it seemed cool.

Alot of polls created well before release indicated that SI would be the most played class at launch

Not many picked it because they thought it would be OP, they picked it fo the double bladed saber and/or the lightning and wicked darkside powers.

Nerf Darth Maul

Nerf the Emperor

That right there is the real reason inquisitors are overpopulated.

Nerf Darth Maul

Nerf the Emperor

That right there is the real reason inquisitors are overpopulated.

And here I thought Samuel L "mofo" Jackson was the real ****** of Star Wars. Hell, he even bested a Sith Sorc 1v1 and only later died becouse he was zerged by two Sith Lords.

And here I thought Samuel L "mofo" Jackson was the real ****** of Star Wars. Hell, he even bested a Sith Sorc 1v1 and only later died becouse he was zerged by two Sith Lords.

Sam is undeniably ******, Juggernaut? But darth maul has that evil coolness that all those pimply faced kids getting robbed of their lunch money dream of having. As for the emperor...

All I need to say is "Unlimited POWAAAAAAHHHHHHHH"