My thoughts on Marauder PvP

yokubou

Well you can make fun of her all you want, I'm from the same server ( The Ravanger - EU) and I was with Hanako in a few Random PvP groups

we won sometimes we lost another times but I never saw her to be a Free Frag like me (I'm a marauder too, Rank 24 )

And like her there are others. Marauders who mastered the marauder class because I saw those good players, you can do the same learn to play or just don't enter in warzones wishing a buff for u or a nerf for others.

Hanako and other Marauders, I really want learn more about how to play this class in PvP, can you post your build or make a guide for a noob like me?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrMrbGzZhGM.1

I am using this build.

I am not good with making guides, but if you have any questions you can ask me, I will try to help you out.

Edited by yokubou

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow in the end our build are very close, just I choose seeping wound instead blurred speed i will try this change tomorrow

thanks

Seeping wound seems like a handy talent, but we have already a superior slowing skill called Crippling Slash which you should include in to your rotation.

i`m getting tired of these elitest "oh this is the hardest class, l2pissue" kids running around on the mara/sent forums. Try being a new level 50 and getting gear, it`s great if you have gotten lucky in full Champ gear but the road to getting that gear can be terrible and without gear, you`re an easy target.

Seeping wound seems like a handy talent, but we have already a superior slowing skill called Crippling Slash which you should include in to your rotation.

And since Rupture will be on the target anyway you won't have to waste Rage on Crippling Slash.

i`m getting tired of these elitest "oh this is the hardest class, l2pissue" kids running around on the mara/sent forums. Try being a new level 50 and getting gear, it`s great if you have gotten lucky in full Champ gear but the road to getting that gear can be terrible and without gear, you`re an easy target.

Got lucky? My Mara hit lvl 50 just 2 weeks ago or less so i guess i am a new level 50.

And since Rupture will be on the target anyway you won't have to waste Rage on Crippling Slash.

Rupture has 6 second duration and it's slow is only 30%. Where Crippling Slash has 50% for 12 seconds.

It is just a waste of 2 talent points. I have no problems with Rage and I definitely don't consider 2 rage slow for 12 seconds a waste of rage.

Edited by yokubou

ermmm Lol?

Rage is a boss spec.

If anything it is the best pvp spec out there when built correctly.

Define - Boss spec and what do you mean by build correctly ? There are too many flaws in Rage spec to be playable versus good players.

Also, 27 keybinds, you're saying you have to use all your abilities... how are you pulling off 27 abilities in a single fight?

I retract though.. im being silly, of course situations arise where you only need to use 13 of those abilities...

Also, 27 keybinds, you're saying you have to use all your abilities... how are you pulling off 27 abilities in a single fight?

I retract though.. im being silly, of course situations arise where you only need to use 13 of those abilities...

I posted screenshots in this thread which you didn't bother to read.

If I have 29 keybinds it doesn't mean I have to use them in every fight, most of them are situational. For example - Predation. Some of them you use more rarely like - Bloodthirst and Frenzy, But they still are bound to hotkeys so I don't have to click hotbars and lose my momentum.

I posted screenshots in this thread which you didn't bother to read.

If I have 29 keybinds it doesn't mean I have to use them in every fight, most of them are situational. For example - Predation. Some of them you use more rarely like - Bloodthirst and Frenzy, But they still are bound to hotkeys so I don't have to click hotbars and lose my momentum.

yea im coming off like a dick. I agree once people learn how to play the class it does tend to become easier, and it only gets better with gear. But at the same time there are these glaringly annoying problems with the class that need to be addressed. Lack of sufficient CC is one of them, also buffing our damage Just a BIT to keep us on par with the other classes.

Try being a new level 50 and getting gear, it`s great if you have gotten lucky in full Champ gear but the road to getting that gear can be terrible and without gear, you`re an easy target.

This is a gear / itemization / PvP design issue, not a Marauder issue. I can 3-shot a 0 expertise Bounty Hunter. What do you want?

It is just a waste of 2 talent points. I have no problems with Rage and I definitely don't consider 2 rage slow for 12 seconds a waste of rage.

It's a waste of rage if you don't need the additional 20% snare. End of story.

Crippling Slash is a low-damage GCD that could be better used on any other ability as long as you don't need to use it. Seeping Wound means you don't need to use Crippling Slash in 80% of PvP.

Again one of these posts which i dont get

most of the posts i see is: i dont lose many 1v1 fights..... offcourse not duuuh

you have an interrupt and a skill to reduce inc healing

BUT tell me on which server you play that has so many crap player where you as a marauder can easely get 1v1 encounters

as i NEVER and i mean NEVER encountered 1 and when i THINK i found one

there is allways someone who jumps on me which makes me go splat or fall back!

what cc? if you're talking about force choke i dont think its cc'ing yourself to stun someone is "sufficient"

Snare, AOE mez, root on charge, and yes force choke counts since it does damage. Up to 4k in rage spec, actually. In specs you have a semi-passive snare in Anni, extra roots in Carn, and a 10m snare in Rage.

We don't need CC. Other classes need CC so we don't faceroll them. Marauders gain from anti-CC.

Why do you want CC so badly? Most other classes don't get passive run speed boosts, charge, minicharge x2, combat stealth, almost-permanent defensive cooldowns, spam interrupts, high DPS without casttime / channel abilities, random miss debuffs. Zzz. All these capabilities are things that bypass CC or sustain us through CC.

If you have all these tools, why do you want a stun? You jelly?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrMrbGzZhGM.1

I am using this build.

I am not good with making guides, but if you have any questions you can ask me, I will try to help you out.

Yeah one, if your in full champ gear, why do you take narrowed hatred?

Is going well over 100% accuracy really that powerful? over say deep wounds and malice/ravager..etc

Marauders are hard to play. That is your problem.

At first I was smashed in nearly every warzone, barely could do anything. I started reading Marauder forums, that they are weak, underpowered etc. I started believing it.

I played more and more, getting better and better.

Now all I have to say - I LOVE MY MARAUDER. What the hell are you people talking ? No utility ? Squishy ? Are you mad ? I only die 2-3 times in each warzone and if i focus on DPS i am in top3 dps.

But I usually score balls in hutball with my 80% speed Predation. I am playing Annihilation. Which is the spec I recommend you play in PvP. Carnage is ok, you can get constant 3.5-4k crits with Scream, but that's about it and plus it is very Rage consuming spec. It's not worth for the 2 roots. I won't say nothing about Rage, since it's the worst spec ever.

I sometimes melt enemies in 5-6 seconds when I have my berserk on.

Squishy ? Stealth, Undying Rage, AoE Fear, Predation, Saber Ward. You can escape 1v5 situations easy with upgraded Predation.

You just need to play more your Marauder and L2P. You have to use all skills, marauders have a lot of them. I Actually use twice as more Keybidings than on my sorcerer.

To be exact I actively use 25 Key bindings and that is not counting Adrenals/Relics/Bloodthirst/Frenzy which i also bind.

Buttons I use are - 123456 QERTYFGXV SHIFT+QERTFGXV F1F2F3F4F5F6

YES, IT IS HARDER TO PLAY AS A MARAUDER TO BE GOOD, BUT IT IS REWARDING

I can post screenshots from the games I have if you want.

If you want an easy class, go play another class and stop filling up forum with your cries.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

TL;DR Marauders are fine, L2P Casuals.

I ALWAYS chime in on posts like these and never the QQ ones. Vecause I play a marauder as my main... I also have ONE alt. and its a Sentinel =). BEST class in game HANDS down.. MOST FUN class to play in the game.. you never spam, each fight is approached differently and its always genuinely just fun.. My favorite is getting suprise attacked by another marauder/sentinel and just shredding the **** out of them while not even dropping 10% of your own HP

MARAUDERS FTW!

Snare, AOE mez, root on charge, and yes force choke counts since it does damage. Up to 4k in rage spec, actually. In specs you have a semi-passive snare in Anni, extra roots in Carn, and a 10m snare in Rage.

We don't need CC. Other classes need CC so we don't faceroll them. Marauders gain from anti-CC.

Why do you want CC so badly? Most other classes don't get passive run speed boosts, charge, minicharge x2, combat stealth, almost-permanent defensive cooldowns, spam interrupts, high DPS without casttime / channel abilities, random miss debuffs. Zzz. All these capabilities are things that bypass CC or sustain us through CC.

If you have all these tools, why do you want a stun? You jelly?

owkay what meanings do you have on DPS when you get perma CCed till your death?

it seems you are looking at a perspective how you handle a situation when you encounter a 1v1 situation, in that case i agree on you that you have many tools

BUT...

pvp in case Warzones (as this is the most active compared to Ilum) 8 v 8 is not a huge amount in where you wont be noticed

vs a good team which works together, turn it however you want a marauder is a sitting duck!!!

Marauder has a very good 1v1 survivabilty but when it comes down to group pvp

you are the one who needs protection how sad it may sound, more than healers

an ops healer in my guild can outheal 3 people hitting him and get away with it.

i just find it a bit awkward how people view situations

real pvp isnt about 1v1 duel encounters and in group pvp we are the weaker class in matters of survivability (just be lucky ur small and ugly so they dont notice you :p)

Edited by Alegoss

owkay what meanings do you have on DPS when you get perma CCed till your death?

it seems you are looking at a perspective how you handle a situation when you encounter a 1v1 situation, in that case i agree on you that you have many tools

BUT...

pvp in case Warzones (as this is the most active compared to Ilum) 8 v 8 is not a huge amount in where you wont be noticed

vs a good team which works together, turn it however you want a marauder is a sitting duck!!!

Marauder has a very good 1v1 survivabilty but when it comes down to group pvp

you are the one who needs protection how sad it may sound, more than healers

an ops healer in my guild can outheal 3 people hitting him and get away with it.

i just find it a bit awkward how people view situations

real pvp isnt about 1v1 duel encounters and in group pvp we are the weaker class in matters of survivability (just be lucky ur small and ugly so they dont notice you :p)

But you aren't making a fair comparison either.

Its 8v8, not 8v1. If you are working as a team then your team SHOULD be protecting you and they can do so very easily.

What am about to present anecdotal evidence, so take that for what it is worth.

Yesterday while on civil war, myself and another marauder went to the right node. We happened to be in the same group in the wz so he preded first, then when his ran out I did. We hit the node at the same time as 4 republic, 2 sages, a sent , and a commando. We killed all 4 of them.

Yesterday while in hut ball in the enemies pit, I was fighting 2 inquisitors and an operative. I was near death, popped undying and a team mate (inq) showed up and started healing me. I killed all 3 of them.

But you aren't making a fair comparison either.

Its 8v8, not 8v1. If you are working as a team then your team SHOULD be protecting you and they can do so very easily.

What am about to present anecdotal evidence, so take that for what it is worth.

Yesterday while on civil war, myself and another marauder went to the right node. We happened to be in the same group in the wz so he preded first, then when his ran out I did. We hit the node at the same time as 4 republic, 2 sages, a sent , and a commando. We killed all 4 of them.

Yesterday while in hut ball in the enemies pit, I was fighting 2 inquisitors and an operative. I was near death, popped undying and a team mate (inq) showed up and started healing me. I killed all 3 of them.

Also, popping undying Rage then a Rakata Medpac/pvp healzorz works too when your in a hopeless situation..