Force Speed should be removed from the game

WesleyJanson

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't aware you were perfectly fine with broken game mechanics.

Whining is how things that need to be changed actually get changed, bro.

Broken implies there's a bug or exploit associated with it. There's not. You could say imbalanced, and I'd disagree, but at least your terminology would be more accurate.

Edited by Raijinvince

There are counters.. stun been the best one.

sorcs have it because we are very squishy, and most of us have to kite melees which is the point of the skill.

Stun is a good counter to force speed, the problem is stun has cooldowns and I'm rarely fighting just 1 person every 30 seconds, since I'm playing pvp

And sorcs already have things like the bubble, and all their different cc abilities, very strong dps, and very strong healing abilities because they're squishy. Adding force speed into the mix means that sorc/sage can make the most mistakes in a fight without ending up dead out of every other class in the game.

Next you will be saying line of sight is over powered. Again, you need to examine your tactics.

No what I'm trying to say is that pvp doesn't take place in an open field, there are more than enough things inside the map like cover, power ups, or like in huttball the vent thingies. Only 30 meters doesn't matter when you factor in these things

Stun is a good counter to force speed, the problem is stun has cooldowns and I'm rarely fighting just 1 person every 30 seconds, since I'm playing pvp

And sorcs already have things like the bubble, and all their different cc abilities, very strong dps, and very strong healing abilities because they're squishy. Adding force speed into the mix means that sorc/sage can make the most mistakes in a fight without ending up dead out of every other class in the game.

If they make so many mistakes, you should be killing them. Sounds like you are just a baddie.

Not all in one spec they don't. Oh, and just like your stun goes on cooldown, so does Sorc CC/speed/bubble/etc. I'm sorry if you were fighting someone with all of their cooldowns up while all of yours were down, but that doesn't make force speed OP.

Operatives were owning bad people, not good ones. I don't agree with the nerf at all.

But BioWare still decided to nerf them which means one of two things

Either they had access to better data than you do, so they had a better concept of how the game was balanced with the way operatives and scoundrels were performing and decided to nerf it, in which case you're wrong about what in game is actually balanced and what isn't

Or you are right, they weren't op, so BioWare is just incompetent in regards to pvp balance, in which case things like force speed are incredibly op and BioWare is at fault for keeping it in the game as long as they have because they're incompetent

So either way I'm right here bro

If they make so many mistakes, you should be killing them. Sounds like you are just a baddie.

See that's exactly the thing buddy, if they make so many mistakes, I SHOULD be killing them, but theirs is the most forgiving class in the game because of things like force speed.

Welcome to the conversation now that you managed to grasp the subject matter

Not all in one spec they don't. Oh, and just like your stun goes on cooldown, so does Sorc CC/speed/bubble/etc. I'm sorry if you were fighting someone with all of their cooldowns up while all of yours were down, but that doesn't make force speed OP.

Um, pvp doesn't work that way

Me: Usually it's "hey I found a sorc, time to shoot at him"

*sorcs force speed is on cooldown*

Sorc: Time to cast bubble so all his damage does nothing!

*bubble dies*

Sorc: Better use one of my many stuns to keep letting force speed recharge!

*I'm stunned, break it*

*3 of my teammates show up*

Sorc: Better use my AOE knockback that also roots!

*force speed is off cooldown*

Sorc: Bye! *zooms off, heals self*

This doesn't happen with other classes

Does the job that other talents should be doing and is way too overpowered, no other class has such an easy escape ability whenever they find themselves out of position or outnumbered

Dear God what the hell were they thinking when they made this ability

Run all they want it is just 2 seconds and besides as a Vanguard I will just pull them back to me with harpoon.... Def not OP, it is fine.