Server population is dropping...

Miffy

Having 50-100 players in the fleet during peak hour on a heavy server is actually really bad for an one month old mmorpg that supposingly has 1.7 mil of subs

And i am talking about a high pop server.......

My server is always standart and hast 70+ players on the fleet Republic side, 110+ Empire

What server are you playing?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know and I really don't care if pop is dropping. I pay, I play...

but, on Tues. night as I was logging off, I checked the U.S. servers at 10 p.m. EST to see how "populated" they were.

Out of all the U.S. servers, 10 were "light". All 10 were PvE East Coast. There were a few "heavy" or "very heavy". The rest were "standard".

For a Tues. night at 10 p.m., that seems "normal".

What a lot of people also aren't considering (based on these posts) is this, the population listed is for the entire server, so complaining about:

No one on Ilum: Have you considered that maybe not everybody is rushing to 50 as fast as possible? This is a story game, not wow. Some people are taking their time. I've been here since second day of early access and I've been taking my time, getting all codex entries and datacrons on every planet and not playing excessive amounts. I'm enjoying the game. And I'm only nearly level 40 on my main and waiting for Legacy before I make another character. People may still be leveling on OTHER PLANETS (because yeah. they do exist in the game) or they may be leveling a bunch of different characters.

Also, a lot of people consider Ilum to be "broken" though they've recently implemented changes. It may take some time for people to return.

No one at Carrick Station at peak times;

Why would they be? Seriously. I love the game and even I admit that place is lame. Other than to turn in tokens I never go there, and I definitely don't hang out. Though I've seen some people doing it.

Check out other planets and get a real perspective before you complain.

A lot of people on this thread are saying their server is fine. I'm on Infinity Gate and everything is peachy. We're listed as standard and there are always people everywhere, and pvp I never have to wait more than a couple minutes. There aren't "Tons of empty servers" There are some. They will be merged. Take a break for a month. It's a new game. Give them some time.

Last night Senator Contispex had 10 people online on the republic fleet at 8 pm CET, on tatootine 3 people were online. Impossible to find groups for anything. :(

EA needs to do new marketing campaigns to fix that; merging servers would be a wrong signal. Certainly they did open too many servers, as all MMOs tend to do; EU could do with a half a dozen servers less even when all achieve standard on basically every day, NA has perhaps 15-20 too many servers. But, more marketing, no merges.

EA needs to do new marketing campaigns to fix that; merging servers would be a wrong signal. Certainly they did open too many servers, as all MMOs tend to do; EU could do with a half a dozen servers less even when all achieve standard on basically every day, NA has perhaps 15-20 too many servers. But, more marketing, no merges.

It won't help. People will just continue to pile on the already heavy populated servers.

I should know, I recently rerolled because my server (listed in my sig) is a ghost town. More and more people from these low servers are either quitting or rerolling elsewhere, which just makes the situation worse.

All of you people who think 'it's fine' because you play on a populated server have no idea how bad it is on some servers. On Mind Trick I regularly see over 200 people in the imperial fleet, on the Defenstrator I usually see about 20 during PRIME time.

Edited by Wizzrobe

The trolls saying the game is dying, bla bla bla, is really stupid. OF COURSE the population is going to drop once the 30 day period is over. No game on the planet is going to retain everybody who initially purchased. That's life. The key factor is how the game moves on over the next 6-12 month period. An MMO is a macro thing, not micro.

Too many servers to cut down the queues in the first 30 days was to be expected. I spent the first 30 days trying different classes, different content, etc. After that, I gave it a week or two, found out which server(s) are rocking, then rolled a toon with the class that I decided would be my main.

Now I log in every night to 200+ people rolling around fleet. I have no problems finding PUGs for flashpoints, there is plenty of merchandise on the market terminals, and life is good.

Bottom line is, anybody who believes a population drop after the initial launch period indicates failure of an MMO is nuts. We have a LOT of time left before anybody can even begin to start talking about whether or not it has failed. Now, somebody may not like the game for personal reasons, which may mean the game is a fail FOR THEM, but failure, on a whole? Let's see what it all looks like in 12 months.

Until then, I expect the server I'm on to continue to thrive, as I believe my patience and selection was the right way to go about it.

Now I log in every night to 200+ people rolling around fleet. I have no problems finding PUGs for flashpoints, there is plenty of merchandise on the market terminals, and life is good..

I'm very happy for you that your server is that full and lively.

However many are not. Many people log into their server during primetime to see 15-25 people in the fleet with no flashpoints being created and zero activity on the market.

How can you call these people trolls for wanting server merges so that they can experience the game the same way you do?

Edited by Wizzrobe

I'm very happy for you that your server is that full and lively.

However many are not. Many people log into their server during primetime to see 15-25 people in the fleet with no flashpoints being created and zero activity on the market.

How can you call these people trolls for wanting server merges so that they can experience the game the same way you do?

I think that attitude is more a product of the "Anyone who says anything that isn't glowing about TOR is working for Blizzard and is probably deep frying a baby while they troll all the good people of TOR" sect that has such a strong foothold in general distraction. So they may come across as saying they want your game experience to be terrible, but that's not what they really mean. They really mean they want you to quit along with everyone else who has thoughts that diverge from the hive-mind.

Edited by Quip

Server population dropping?

Thats not possibru!

They just held a press conference stating they have 1.7 milion active subscribers... thats like around 5000 players per server.

Are you telling me someone at the press conference lied?

Well if you rolled Republic(an) on a crappy empty server, I feel for ya. You can either wait for server merges or transfers, which will happen eventually, or you can be proactive and if you truly like the game, roll on a more populated server and enjoy the game more sooner.

Server population dropping?

Thats not possibru!

They just held a press conference stating they have 1.7 milion active subscribers... thats like around 5000 players per server.

Are you telling me someone at the press conference lied?

Hey they never said that 1.7 Mio actually play :p

There aren't even 500 per server, yet alone 5k ? :o

*sigh* been waiting for 3 hours to do pvp....not enough 50's online......no one is even raiding.....:(

I waited in fleet for my pvp queue to pop, this same guy was asking to do Flashpoints and/or Operations. Two hours later, same thing. I logged off, grabbed some dinner, came back to craft and boom. Same guy.

People are incredibly anti-social in this game and being on a Light or Standard server makes me feel real sorry for you.

Offcourse server population is dropping , there is no genius to make that work out.

All new MMO suffers from that sooner or later .

The problem is more serious cause not enough 50 staying !!

Or people want to play there 50 .

So in that respect , they rather reroll a alt , thus new 50 reaching 50 find the same circle again and again .

Once those happy campers reach 50 , they hit the same problems again .

For now if you are 50 there is enough to do , just it is boring grind .

But then again the problem is NEW mmo players don´t like grind .

it all started with shoes.

swtor had always been a nice place, except that there were a few too many shoe vendors in the major cities. the more shoe vendors there were, the more shoes were produced. the more shoes were produced, the lower the quality of the shoes. the lower the quality of the shoes, the more often people had to buy new shoes. the more often people had to buy new shoes, the more shoe vendors there were. eventually, swtor passed what economists call the 'shoe event horizon' when it was no longer feasible to produce anything other than shoes. needless to say, disaster ensued. those few players with the correct genetic makeup mutated into hobbits. the rest died off.

its a common economic phenomenon, but tragic to see in operation.

That was beautiful.

I waited in fleet for my pvp queue to pop, this same guy was asking to do Flashpoints and/or Operations. Two hours later, same thing. I logged off, grabbed some dinner, came back to craft and boom. Same guy.

People are incredibly anti-social in this game and being on a Light or Standard server makes me feel real sorry for you.

I feel for them too, it stinks being on a less active or less populated server.

Fortunately for me The Fatman is stuffed.

...I never get tired of saying that...

Hey they never said that 1.7 Mio actually play :p

There aren't even 500 per server, yet alone 5k ? :o

2k+ on Mask of Nihilus nightly & weekends. Fleet hops too - bouncing between 150 and 200 @ peak, (players flying in & out, groups entering & exiting FPs, etc.) Even mob grind planets like Taris & Balmorra are usually 100+. Not all servers are like this, but there are quite a few. So the pervasive doom & gloom thing is a bit ... inaccurate. Edited by GalacticKegger