So... KotOR HD Remake for 10 Year Anniversity?

Lightstrake

If my mind serves me right, KotOR came out in 2003.

We've seen it all, GTA, Halo, Sonic. I think it's time for a KotOR HD remake.

Now, I don't want to ruin the original concept of the game, and by that I mean choices and dialogue but perhaps we can have a Revan voice actor? Maybe a few things of extra content and maybe a KotOR II remake by teaming up with Obsidian and making the greatest SW game EVA?!

It's only a suggestion.

Hope others agree!

Edited by Lightstrake

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I don't want to ruin the original concept of the game, and by that I mean choices and dialogue but perhaps we can have a Revan voice actor? Maybe a few things of extra content and maybe a KotOR II remake by teaming up with Obsidian and making the greatest SW game EVA?!

It's only a suggestion.

Hope ours agree!

I would like this if they didn't ruin KotOR for me. They took my Revan, threw her out the window, and made my hundreds of hours of KotOR play worthless. They gave "Revan" a gender, face, character, and story. The RPG aspect would no longer be relevant because I would know that whatever I'm doing is wrong unless they make the game a one-track trip where you actually play as "Revan" and fulfil "his" storyline, which would just about ruin the game. It's a damn shame.

Edited by flyersfan

I would like this if they didn't ruin KotOR for me. They took my Revan, threw her out the window, and made my hundreds of hours of KotOR play worthless. They gave "Revan" a gender, face, character, and story. The RPG aspect would no longer be relevant because I would know that whatever I'm doing is wrong unless they make the game a one-track trip where you actually play as "Revan" and fulfil "his" storyline, which would just about ruin the game. It's a damn shame.

Revan was given a canonical gender and alignment years and years ago, before anyone publicly knew anything about TOR. Get over it already.

I know everyone wants KotOR III, maybe Obsidian and BioWare can team up for that, but TOR is practically 3-9 or 10 or something. We all need to just be thankful for something that relates to the Old Republic Era right?

I think we should also be granted with new lightsaber colors and possibly be able to make new colors by combining crystals together.

Silver Crystals FTW!

He's very similar to my Revan character. I was quite happy with how it turned out.

My Jedi Exile was male and it turns out the Jedi Exile was a female called Meetra Surik and guess what? I don't care.

And really, this practically is Kotor III and more. It has plenty of storylines to choose from so get over it... seriously people =/

Anyway back to OP, I don't really think the game needs to be remade. Why spend effort reviving something that everyone already loves, when they could be improving this game and making it even better?

Edited by Myst

Why should we get over it? We're are the fans and a good number of us asked for a Knights of the old republic 3 not this **** horse ****.

If you wanted KOTOR3 why did you buy this? Everything they've shown about this game for the last year or more should have made it excruciatingly obvious that this was not going to be KOTOR 3.

Revan was given a canonical gender and alignment years and years ago, before anyone publicly knew anything about TOR. Get over it already.

I didn't know about it until hearing about the Revan novel that came out in December. That would make it a recent thing, but I will never get over it.

Why should we get over it? We're are the fans and a good number of us asked for a Knights of the old republic 3 not this **** horse ****.

I agree. I'd much prefer a non-MMO version. This game would be absolutely amazing without the MMO. When NPCs tell me that I'm going into a warzone, I expect there to be one, but because this is an MMO, it's nothing like there. I go there and there are maybe a people NPCs shooting at one another and then just empty space for a long time. I won't even get started on the subscription fee, server maintenance, and general chat that wouldn't exist in KotOR III.

The storylines would just be so much better and offer so much more immersion, the graphics would actually be good other than just the worlds, and I probably wouldn't have to play on my terrible PC and could play on my PS3. It'd be like Skyrim, but with Star Wars.

If you wanted KOTOR3 why did you buy this? Everything they've shown about this game for the last year or more should have made it excruciatingly obvious that this was not going to be KOTOR 3.

I had no choice. It was this or nothing.

Edited by flyersfan

my revan was black :(

I didn't know about it until hearing about the Revan novel that came out in December. That would make it a recent thing, but I will never get over it.

Prepare for disappointment here, then. Eventually they're going to give 'canon' names and faces to each one of the classes in-game. That's what happens when you play with a strict timeline and are doing stuff demonstrably before other important events - they're going to put a name and face on 'your' character so that there's a consensus for everything after to build off.

Something they've shown themselves more then happy with doing, as both Revan and the Jedi Exile got names and faces, too. Do you really think your character in this game is going to be any different?

In 2008 when they released the information on this being an MMO they said (not my words) that it would be a spiritual successor. I do enjoy this game but don't correlate a completely different game, and tell someone something went it isn't true. This game is nothing like Kotor you are right. Bioware is milking the Old Republic story for all its worth that isn't right.

I agree. I'd much prefer a non-MMO version. This game would be absolutely amazing without the MMO. When NPCs tell me that I'm going into a warzone, I expect there to be one, but because this is an MMO, it's nothing like there. I go there and there are maybe a people NPCs shooting at one another and then just empty space for a long time. I won't even get started on the subscription fee, server maintenance, and general chat that wouldn't exist in KotOR III.

The storylines would just be so much better and offer so much more immersion, the graphics would actually be good other than just the worlds, and I probably wouldn't have to play on my terrible PC and could play on my PS3. It'd be like Skyrim, but with Star Wars.

My exact point my good sir.

KotOR I and II were only available on PC and Xbox. I don't think it would go onto the PS3 anytime soon.

Kotor and Kotor II were the best Linear RPG's of their time. However if they were to make an HD version of the game and re-make it, they need to make the whole game more like a sandbox RPG (examples: Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas) and not incredibly linear. If it were to come back out with it still being linear, it wouldn't have as much effect and not be as good. They would be as good as gameplay as the Mass Effect series which is borderline descent for a game period.

Well said! but i'm really not opposed to the HD remake. that would be super coooool. I would take it to hold of my impatience for KOTOR 3 which i am still very much in denial of.

why would a star wars fan who plays Old republic based games by SWTOR? Goooood point dude.

Edited by Gantoris_Aym

Kotor and Kotor II were the best Linear RPG's of their time. However if they were to make an HD version of the game and re-make it, they need to make the whole game more like a sandbox RPG (examples: Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas) and not incredibly linear. If it were to come back out with it still being linear, it wouldn't have as much effect and not be as good. They would be as good as gameplay as the Mass Effect series which is borderline descent for a game period.

If they were going to go through all of that effort, they might as well just make KotOR 3...

There's also Beyond Good and Evil, prince of persia (I think) and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath in HD remake which seems to be something that's got a lot of grognards like me paying extra cash.

It'd be like Skyrim, but with Star Wars.

This...would be the game to end all games!:D

Prepare for disappointment here, then. Eventually they're going to give 'canon' names and faces to each one of the classes in-game. That's what happens when you play with a strict timeline and are doing stuff demonstrably before other important events - they're going to put a name and face on 'your' character so that there's a consensus for everything after to build off.

Something they've shown themselves more then happy with doing, as both Revan and the Jedi Exile got names and faces, too. Do you really think your character in this game is going to be any different?

This has already kind of happened. Theres Wookiepedia pages for all the in-game classes with 2 in particular already being given names.

Warning These pages have MASSIVE spoilers!

Lord Kallig AKA Sith Inquisitor

Cipher 9 AKA Imperial Agent

It probably won't be long until the pther classes follow suit. On the other hand they could be faceless warriors that everybody recognizes but no one knows.

Edited by Rohanshot

I'm generally against the proliferation of HD remakes. They were cool at first, but are getting a little redundant now. Not that it's a huge time or resource sink for companies, but still...

That said, an HD release of KOTOR I + II that runs smoothly in new Windows OS' and has the environments in HD aesthetics? Heck yeah.

• 2 weeks later...
There's also Beyond Good and Evil, prince of persia (I think) and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath in HD remake which seems to be something that's got a lot of grognards like me paying extra cash.

Yep. I was just giving some basic HD remakes, pretty famous nowadays.

Yes, yes. YES! Maybe also putting the cut content back into the game. I would have loved to go to the HK Factories

Don't know if they'd touch KoTOR2. That was made by Obsidian, and all but aborted before it began by Lucas Arts. Six months to a year's development time does not make for a worthy sequel, especially when Lucas Arts say no to the developers when they want to do more than two patches to fix bugs and restore content.

This...would be the game to end all games!:D

This has already kind of happened. Theres Wookiepedia pages for all the in-game classes with 2 in particular already being given names.

Warning These pages have MASSIVE spoilers!

Lord Kallig AKA Sith Inquisitor

Cipher 9 AKA Imperial Agent

It probably won't be long until the pther classes follow suit. On the other hand they could be faceless warriors that everybody recognizes but no one knows.

A minor note here: Wookieepedia isn't giving them names. These are the names/titles that the characters in question receive at the end of their class quest.