I am a commando and i say tone us down.

harkain

And do it in a sensible way so there is no need to enter the balance rolercoster with devs shooting from the hip.

Its simple, the pvp burst of the command and merc in their dps trees is to high and nothing will ever be fixed with the other trees untill this is done, However for pve where the burst is of less use the problem with sustainability even with proper pacing is gonna/has created issues on the harder pve.

Solution: No its not nerf tracer/grav round 1.5 second cast skill for a turret like class is a must and frankly i think people are missing the real issue which is demo round (and the empire equivilent) which is the actual uber burst damage. Giving the class not 1 but 2 hard hitting instant abilities is simply making them overpowered, burn someone to 50%, cryo and then finish them its not fun for them and not for us.

So how do we bump the pve power abit yet nerf the pvp power ? we make demo round a 3 sec channeled and cost free essentialy a masterstrike. This will cut down the burst of it in pvp and will give ppl a chance to interupt it yet it will still be usefull and with no cost highly valluable in pve.

Yes im 50, yes i raid, yes i pvp, no im not Battlemaster yet.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya those 2k crits commandos do are insane. Seriously there's no reason to nerf any classes right now.

2k crits on what ? guarded tank ? Without even bothering to use trinkets or my full pvp gear crit any unguarded for 2.5-3k and demo round for 3-4k

I am unsure if you actually are playing the same game and class as me if you think this is wai.

2k crits on what ? guarded tank ? Without even bothering to use trinkets or my full pvp gear crit any unguarded for 2.5-3k and demo round for 3-4k

I am unsure if you actually are playing the same game and class as me if you think this is wai.

You're either someone that got beat by a commando and you're mad or just plain ignorant asking for a nerf to your own class.

You're either someone that got beat by a commando and you're mad or just plain ignorant asking for a nerf to your own class.

im verry much a commando but i also been in the mmo scene so long that i know when something is op and that it will get radicly nerfed instead of slightly adjusted if ppl keep trying to say its balanaced.

playing an op class is no fun, it takes skill out of it and lets ppl who should not preform aswel do much better than they deserve and it makes wz's boring.

I want a balanced game dont you ?

if you been in this scene long enough "great changes" from wow should tell you why i do this in hopes of fine tuning instead of what happened after the indalamar video.

Edited by harkain

In all fairness, if my class was hitting too hard, I'd ask to nerf my class as well. It's people like you who like to stay over powered that makes dealing with games and nerfs.

im verry much a commando but i also been in the mmo scene so long that i know when something is op and that it will get radicly nerfed instead of slightly adjusted if ppl keep trying to say its balanaced.

playing an op class is no fun, it takes skill out of it and lets ppl who should not preform aswel do much better than they deserve and it makes wz's boring.

Commando isnt op, its your opinion and thats all. Did you bring data that supports your claim? No you didnt you brought an opinion. Next time bring more than a sad story and an opinion when you ask for a nerf. The only thing thats a detriment to commando is the spamming of grav round.

Nice try, but i can tell your no commando. Becausse if you actually played a commando you would now this AC is nothing without grav. And the fact that 80% of all grav round hits only hits for 900-1700 k even when using relics. I'm a battlemaster commando in full GM/champ gear btw. Dont hear any complaints about a jedi or sith that can crit for 5000-8000 k ? Edited by Lord_Karsk

To OP: You are probably just a very geared playing lower geared player.

I've noticed that other classes with the same gear or better can also put out really high damage.

I don't think Commandos need a nerf.

What we do need is a bug fix for Full Auto.. FFS its been over a month with a broken core ability...

Edited by DeltaGun

if you been in this scene long enough "great changes" from wow should tell you why i do this in hopes of fine tuning instead of what happened after the indalamar video.

We need more players like you. I also find it humorous that the two (I'm assuming) Commandos in this topic who hate you for posting this can barely string a sentence together.

The disparity between considerate and thoughtful players who want to strengthen the community and those who want to take advantage of their position is remarkable. I trust the information you've provided, but a video would go a long way (if you've got the equipment for it) to stem the tide of the naysayers.

Name/Server?

9/10 people lie. 1/10 people are terrible.

I want to see where you fall.

Merc/Commando is probably the worst 1v1 class in the game at the moment, against other geared 50's. That's simply because grav/trac is so easy to shut down. Pyro/Assualt is better for WZ, usually, and healing definitely is a tough build to kill.

So again, name/server?

Nice try, but i can tell your no commando. Becausse if you actually played a commando you would now this AC is nothing without grav. And the fact that 80% of all grav round hith only hits for 900-1700 k even when using relics. I'm a battlemaster commando in full GM/champ gear btw. Dont hear any complaints about a jedi or sith that can crit for 5000-8000 k ?

seriously do you want my server name/guild or something ? yes i play a commando.

hits are around 1500-1800 on unguarded foes notice HITS, crits with the minimum of 80% surge anyone who dares to pvp should have it hits the exact numbers i said.

I am not a jedi or sith hence i dont complain about their classes, i complain about MY class cause i play. if you even read from the start i dont even want to nerf grav/tracer, i want to nerf the burst 2 instants give us. HiB wont ever be touched since it impacts all the builds and vanguards to BUT demo round can be fixed.

Besides battlemaster has ****** aim, why use it over rakata when its easy to hit enough expertise even with it without hitting the annoying softcap.

But seriously stop distorting the reason of the post, reshaping demo to be something usefull in pve yet balanced to pvp.

To OP: You are probably just very geared playing lower geared player.

I've noticed that other classes with the same gear or better can also put out really high damage.

I don't think Commandos need a nerf.

What we do need is a bug fix for Full Auto.. FFS its been over a month with a broken core ability...

That I agree with. Skill is useless unless you are shooting at something with no fear of getting hit to reduce the number of hits.

Nice try, but i can tell your no commando. Becausse if you actually played a commando you would now this AC is nothing without grav. And the fact that 80% of all grav round hits only hits for 900-1700 k even when using relics. I'm a battlemaster commando in full GM/champ gear btw. Dont hear any complaints about a jedi or sith that can crit for 5000-8000 k ?

QFT.

There is also the point that Grav Round can be interrupted, LOSd, and ran away from (range).

If a player is still having trouble fighting a commando they can always run away. We have no way of catching you. (No force speed and force jump like the jedi classes).

I've noticed that players choose not to utilize their interrupt on my Grav Round. I laugh at them.

ya those 2k crits commandos do are insane. Seriously there's no reason to nerf any classes right now.

Sorcs and Mercs need a nerf badly. (The republic mirror classes too, of course)

If you do not agree with this, you are either

a) one of them and have tears in your eyes cause you fear to lose your 1 button abilitys

b) are blind and don't see that 80% of pvp population is sorc or merc

c) are dumb

QFT.

There is also the point that Grav Round can be interrupted, LOSd, and ran away from (range).

If a player is still having trouble fighting a commando they can always run away. We have no way of catching you. (No force speed and force jump like the jedi classes).

I've noticed that players choose not to utilize their interrupt on my Grav Round. I laugh at them.

Good thing he isn't talking about Grav Round.

OP makes a good point. Tracermissile should be like a rampup ability for heatseeker and something else, which is totally fine but it shouldn't hit 3k+

Before a melee can even disengage successfully he will most likely end up at 50% or has to use one of his bigger cd's.

Huttball/alderaan/voidstar aren't 1on1 matches, the tracermissiles guys will rarely even have to take you 1on1, because they can see the battlefield and engage in their favor. Which is okay, but you know when I am fighting in the middle as melee fighting something and the tracer missiles start hitting me I can be dead very quickly even before I reach a corner.

This is not even talking about map dominance which is instantly in favor of the bh/commando.

I feel sorry for them actually, that they can't really use something beside TM. I want to see them more diverse and complex as I am and enjoy themself. The range advantage needs to translate properly into a dps reduction and rampups should not become major hitter even if you have a 1.5s cast for it which is of no concern, when there is nobody around that actually could interrupt you.