The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Advice on powertech tank spec?

Zuesy

It's sad that some people are simply unable to play these games without blindly following the FoTM herd.

Seriously, put points in tanking skills and round it out with skills that look interesting/fun. It's not rocket science.

Edited by Lodakai

It's sad that some people are simply unable to play these games without blindly following the FoTM herd.

Seriously, put points in tanking skills and round it out with skills that look interesting/fun. It's not rocket science.

Unfortunately if i blindly put points in tanking skills it would be very unlikely that it would be the best tanking spec possible let alone a 'good' tanking spec. If i made my own dps spec before looking at the forums would it be as good as the one im using? No. It's sad that people are simply unable to go to a forum without blindly being rude or trolling.

Yep that's the one alot of people go for. Its a nice base spec giving some extra threat.

At a certain point though you will have gear enough for threat anyway so you can drop prototype cylinders and ironfist and go 3/3 cardio package for a little more soakage if you are the mt. Every little helps!

I find 31/8/2 to be pretty great, but as the guy above said - Cardio Package is definately one to consider (and remove some other stuff.) But if you're looking for the 'perfect' spec:

It kinda depends on your role within raids or whatever PvE you do. I would probably say OVERALL 31/8/2 is best, it allows for a very healthy amount of threat - with plenty of defensive talents.

If you feel like you're lacking threat for whatever reason, putting talents into the Rail Loaders can help. That thing can do a lot of threat when boosted. Course it has the downside that it cannot always be used. Likewise Gyroscopic Alignment Jets, usually I wouldnt reccomend - but if you feel like you're lacking in threat (generally) then it can help, that reduction in heat can let you spam certain abilities just that little bit harder which can make a difference.

Hope that helps :)

Unfortunately if i blindly put points in tanking skills it would be very unlikely that it would be the best tanking spec possible let alone a 'good' tanking spec. If i made my own dps spec before looking at the forums would it be as good as the one im using? No.

Perhaps I just placed a bit too much significance on the player behind the toon in this particular instance. My bad. Who knew going 26/3/12 instead of 31/8/2 would completely gimp a character. :rolleyes: